No announcement yet.

Abel Sanchez: "Joe Joyce isn't ready for Luis Ortiz"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
    33 years old fighter not ready for a 40 years old fighter. Jesus.

I thought the same thing when I first read the tweet in the thread starter. Like, 'Damn, how long are they planning on waiting? Ortiz isn't young.'. But I think Abel means that Joyce is not as proven as Luis Ortiz and needs at least two wins worthy of a feather in his cap before he would confidently match him against Ortiz. Not that Luis Ortiz is overall more physically talented at this point.

With Ortiz turning 40 soon, hopefully this potential bout takes place before the end of next summer. If Ortiz is their goal, he should be Joyce's 10th or 11th fight.

I've never seen Joe Joyce fight but if he impresses against Stiverne, I'd like to see him against someone like Kownacki.

Comment

Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
      Joyce knocks out ortiz.
      Joyce is a top 5 fighter. Richard Schaffer knows at least that at thinks he's the number one Heavyweight and he's been with Joyce the longest. The forum is really bonkers, im wondering how they continue to draw conclusions on here ? They totally ignore actual ability and act like hes a fight or two from retirement when he'll be around longer then wilder so its puzzling. No doubt Ortiz could win but its unlikely . I think he more dangerous then wilder as well , he helped Fury to defeat wilder ,im not sure people know that.

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
        Joyce is a top 5 fighter. Richard Schaffer knows at least that at thinks he's the number one Heavyweight and he's been with Joyce the longest. The forum is really bonkers, im wondering how they continue to draw conclusions on here ? They totally ignore actual ability and act like hes a fight or two from retirement when he'll be around longer then wilder so its puzzling. No doubt Ortiz could win but its unlikely . I think he more dangerous then wilder as well , he helped Fury to defeat wilder ,im not sure people know that.
        Yep he was abiut two levels above ortiz as an amateur and hes a better pro plus ortiz is old and past his best anyway. I guarantee if ortiz wasnt cuban hed just.be seen as a stepping stone fighter. He wasnt even that skilful in the amateurs where he should have excelled, got outclasssed badly on international stage

Comment

Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
          Joyce knocks out ortiz.
          Ehh. I'm not the Wilder fan that a lot of folks on here are but it took until late for him to finish Ortiz that fight. Ortiz even looked decent that fight too. Is Joyce a better finisher/knockout artist than Wilder? I'm guessing No based on competition alone. I haven't seen Joe Joyce fight so maybe you know something that I don't.

Ortiz is getting up there in age but hasn't looked/fought old yet to me. He's not as good as the Top 3 guys but he's still very good. I think he can maintain his current form until he's at least 42. Unless we get a heavyweight version of Loma that is fighting champions right away, I don't think ANY heavyweight with only 7 fights is going to beat Luis Ortiz anytime soon.
          Last edited by UnderMainPPV; 02-20-2019, 03:28 PM. Reason: Mistake, bad assumption

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
            Abel Sanchez always afraid of elite Southpaws. His gameplan for Usyk was brilliant
            Abel to Gassiev: "Try and punch him. Keep walking forward and try to punch him."

Abel Sanchez is the most overrated trainer in all of boxing. Complete fraud. He is a glorified conditioning coach, nothing more. He looks like my avi and is somehow sleazier.

Also, JOE JOYCE YUNG DOE. He just a boy, leave him alone!!!

Pathetic. DisAbel can't even prepare his guy for a fight with a geriatric with bad medical conditions, what does that say about him?

"Gassiev, walk forward and get lit up like a scrub for 12 rounds"
            "GGG, walk forward and head hunt unsuccessfully for 12 rounds while you get lit up. Just keep walking forward and swinging them windmills"

Comment

Working...
            X