No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua Set To Bank Career-High Purse in Miller Defense

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by davefromvancouv View Post
    You don't know how much Joshua or Wilder make.
    So how did you know how much both wilder and fury made?

Comment

As it stands, Wilder, Fury and Ortiz are the only heavyweights who are actually trying to fight the best (at this stage of their careers). Like Usyk, Crawford, Mikey Garcia, Teofimo Lopez and Lomachenko in other divisions. It's fun to support these fighters, even if they lose.

The rest are either playing it safe or are solely focused on "appearing" to be the best. Like Joshua, Whyte, Spence, Thurman and Gervonta Davis. The only meaningful fights for these fighters are:

Joshua - Wilder
      Joshua - Fury
      Joshua - Ortiz
      Whyte - Ortiz
      Whyte - Braezaele
      Spence - Crawford
      Spence - Thurman
      Spence - Porter
      Thurman - Crawford
      Thurman - Porter
      Gervonta Davis - Lomachenko

Until then, any other matchup is frustrating and disappointing. I used to believe that Joshua was the real deal until he pulled that stunt against Wilder. Then I took a deeper look into how he maneuvered around Wilder to pick up Fury's belts. Everybody boasts about how he's only had 22 fights but nobody forced him to become a champion before he was ready. HE chose to do that. The Klitschko fight seemed to take him to another level but maybe Klitschko wasn't really all that good, because since that fight he only seems to be interested in fighting faded and second-tier fighters. I would heavily favor Wilder and Fury over Joshua at this point. Even Whyte was lowballed to cover a Joshua loss, and Whyte had a bad shoulder when he lost their first fight. Miller may actually have a shot, but I believe he was picked because, again, perception is everything.
      Dnt be a salvage. You should be smarter than this.
      Where was wilder when all the songs called Fury's belts were vacant? Isnt it ridiculous and funny that a champ with so called 50mil couldn't attract any unification not even against the then IBF champ that was just behind him in the state.

What is the use of his damn 50mil if he can't charge any unification match.

It's even a shame from every angle that a champ with 41 fights, almost 10 defences, champ for about 4 yrs and no unification match.

How do even defend this garbage without being a garbage yourself?

You should cover your head in shape and allow these to slide. It's for your best interest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Laligalaliga View Post
        So how did you know how much both wilder and fury made?
        I don't. Neither do you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Laligalaliga View Post
          Dnt be a salvage. You should be smarter than this.
          Where was wilder when all the songs called Fury's belts were vacant? Isnt it ridiculous and funny that a champ with so called 50mil couldn't attract any unification not even against the then IBF champ that was just behind him in the state.

What is the use of his damn 50mil if he can't charge any unification match.

It's even a shame from every angle that a champ with 41 fights, almost 10 defences, champ for about 4 yrs and no unification match.

How do even defend this garbage without being a garbage yourself?

You should cover your head in shape and allow these to slide. It's for your best interest.
          Wilder was the only champion at the time and he was being avoided as a high risk opponent.

Comment

Wilder was the only champion at the time and he was being avoided as a high risk opponent.
            This notion of people being 'avoided' is all wrong. If people are deemed a high risk and thus struggling to get fights lined up then all it requires is for their backers to up the reward to entice people in.

If their backers are not willing to do that then it's clear as day they don't have faith in their fighter to deliver.

Comment

As it stands, Wilder, Fury and Ortiz are the only heavyweights who are actually trying to fight the best (at this stage of their careers). Like Usyk, Crawford, Mikey Garcia, Teofimo Lopez and Lomachenko in other divisions. It's fun to support these fighters, even if they lose.

The rest are either playing it safe or are solely focused on "appearing" to be the best. Like Joshua, Whyte, Spence, Thurman and Gervonta Davis. The only meaningful fights for these fighters are:

Joshua - Wilder
              Joshua - Fury
              Joshua - Ortiz
              Whyte - Ortiz
              Whyte - Braezaele
              Spence - Crawford
              Spence - Thurman
              Spence - Porter
              Thurman - Crawford
              Thurman - Porter
              Gervonta Davis - Lomachenko

Until then, any other matchup is frustrating and disappointing. I used to believe that Joshua was the real deal until he pulled that stunt against Wilder. Then I took a deeper look into how he maneuvered around Wilder to pick up Fury's belts. Everybody boasts about how he's only had 22 fights but nobody forced him to become a champion before he was ready. HE chose to do that. The Klitschko fight seemed to take him to another level but maybe Klitschko wasn't really all that good, because since that fight he only seems to be interested in fighting faded and second-tier fighters. I would heavily favor Wilder and Fury over Joshua at this point. Even Whyte was lowballed to cover a Joshua loss, and Whyte had a bad shoulder when he lost their first fight. Miller may actually have a shot, but I believe he was picked because, again, perception is everything.
              Now you're adding excuses to conspiracy theories and false narratives. Let it go bro. You're going to waste all of your spare time trying dig up every detail, nuance and innuendo to try to make Deontay Wilder look like some kind of noble hero/victim. The dude is a straight up liar and its completely obvious.

Comment

• Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
                And nobody has seen the 50 mill contract so it means nothing.
                Is the following correct?

Joshua asks for 50million.
                Showtime forks up the funds.
                Joshua and Hearn decline.
                So Showtime gives up...
                Joshua and Hearn didn’t make headlines that they were waiting for the 50 million contract.

Who called the bluff?

Comment

I don't. Neither do you.
                  Keep pretending the figures were not out.
                  So how did the boxing knew AJ was the cash cow of the division if no one knows anything.

Comment

Now you sound like another novince. Maybe you started following boxing recently.
                    No one avoids you when you have 50mil, not even i will avoid him.
                    This is the same BS excuse you guys have been using to protect wilder why he didn't fight any opponent with a pulse for over 39 fights.
                    The same BS you are still using. It's outdated man. Search for something new.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deus View Post
                      This notion of people being 'avoided' is all wrong. If people are deemed a high risk and thus struggling to get fights lined up then all it requires is for their backers to up the reward to entice people in.

If their backers are not willing to do that then it's clear as day they don't have faith in their fighter to deliver.
                      Am overwhelmed they are still using this BS in 2019.
                      Thought they dropped it in 2018. It's becoming too shameful seeing this repeated excuses that a champ is been avoided. A champ that had 50mil. This is one of the worst BS excuses in decades.

Comment

Working...
                      X