Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Tyson Fury fought in Muhammad Ali's golden era, would he have performed well?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
    Should not even be considered against Lewis, that man would wreck him
    Which Lewis? I know a lot of Boxers, but the only Lewis I know got his ***** pushed in by McCall and Rahman; fumbled against Mercer, Tua, andHolyfield; and was rescued by the ref before going into cardiac arrest when fighting a green Vitali Klitchko. Surely, you're not talking about that one. So who are you referencing?

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
      Which Lewis? I know a lot of Boxers, but the only Lewis I know got his ***** pushed in by McCall and Rahman; fumbled against Mercer, Tua, andHolyfield; and was rescued by the ref before going into cardiac arrest when fighting a green Vitali Klitchko. Surely, you're not talking about that one. So who are you referencing?
      the guy who beat all them, just so u are clear. weak effort, mate.

but i know u mean the vitali who got stopped by elwis and a light heavyweight.

Comment

the guy who beat all them, just so u are clear. weak effort, mate.

but i know u mean the vitali who got stopped by elwis and a light heavyweight.
        Maybe Ishouldn't be so forwarded, but you look kinda cute with your tail between your legs.

Whether he was given the undeserving nod, rescued by the ref, or avenged a horrific, inexcusable lost, he proved himself less of a man than someone who "would wreck him".

There's just no evidence to support that. (Don't take my word for it: watch his fights). There's plenty of evidence though which proves that anyone better than a human punching bag would try him for all he's worth.

I rank Lewis very high on my all-time Hw list. But he's not in Fury's league. He's more accomplished, and much more capable on the offense. But he doesn't beat Tyson. In fact, he probably looks like rubbish.

If you're not trying to look like a cheap trick trying make pay rent, actually have evidence to support your opinion. There;s countless footage on youtube. you don't have to speak ill informed.

Comment

Well that is some magic power!!! Even on an empty stomach he could still ***** himself at the sight of a power-puncher!

Fury overcame more than Norton ever did, in making his comeback. And uh.. by the very obvious look of things... the pre-Vada Era took great care of Ken; regardless of the food he managed to put on his plate.
          Is Tyson Fury a power puncher or something? You are speaking to me as if he is one of the strongest boxers in the heavyweight division. Fury is big but he is not in terms of power to weight ratio that strong, and this thusfar reflects in his fights at elite level.

Tyson Fury does not hit hard enough to stopped Ken Norton, and like I stated before? These type of match ups need to be thought about from various perspectives, how would Tyson Fury do in the 70's well? Then we have to warp him back to the 70's, he has to grow up in the same era and have access to the same facilities and gyms. Or we will warp Ken Norton, a adonis of a man into this era? With his physique and bone structure, and appetite for training and discipline, it is not a easy fight for Tyson Fury.

Tyson Fury is not the first fighter, man or athlete to suffer with depression. Many fighters could of suffered during the 70's and kept it to themselves, it is not as if? The people who surrounded Tyson Fury have been out to abuse him, like the situation Mike Tyson was in 'Everybody has always catered for Tyson Fury, everyone around him, great family and team around him always' so I honestly don't know? If he really has overcome more than Ken Norton really? In the era Ken Norton come from, sort it out mate 'They have both had to overcome situations, we cannot state for sure who has overcome the most'.
          Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 02-17-2019, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
            Is Tyson Fury a power puncher or something? You are speaking to me as if he is one of the strongest boxers in the heavyweight division. Fury is big but he is not in terms of power to weight ratio that strong, and this thusfar reflects in his fights at elite level.

Tyson Fury does not hit hard enough to stopped Ken Norton, and like I stated before? These type of match ups need to be thought about from various perspectives, how would Tyson Fury do in the 70's well? Then we have to warp him back to the 70's, he has to grow up in the same era and have access to the same facilities and gyms. Or we will warp Ken Norton, a adonis of a man into this era? With his physique and bone structure, and appetite for training and discipline, it is not a easy fight for Tyson Fury.

Tyson Fury is not the first fighter, man or athlete to suffer with depression. Many fighters could of suffered during the 70's and kept it to themselves, it is not as if? The people who surrounded Tyson Fury have been out to abuse him, like the situation Mike Tyson was in 'Everybody has always catered for Tyson Fury, everyone around him, great family and team around him always' so I honestly don't know? If he really has overcome more than Ken Norton really? In the era Ken Norton come from, sort it out mate 'They have both had to overcome situations, we cannot state for sure who has overcome the most'.
            All those words. All that time wasted. And not a single, meaningful comment.

Everyone knows that the question essentially means, if we could send today's Tyson Fury back to the 70's how would he fair? There's no need to overthink it, or add excessive 'what ifs" and conditionals. The guy who fought Wlad, if he were facing Fighter X from the 70's under 70's rules, how would he do?

As for my joke regarding Norton's chin: your reading comprehension sucks. The joke wasn't related to Fury. It was related to what happened whenever Ken met someone w/ a punch. He fell apart. He entered the ring waiting to be knocked cold.
            I doubt Fury knocks him out, but he would out-class him.

If you think guys in the 70s had it bad, look at the early 1900s. But do you think Jess Willard would be Heavyweight champion in Ali's era? Clearly not.

Comment

sure,sorry, he needs to be considered end of career..

but if we are calling it now we gotta go on what they can do now.
              For sure, there is no way fury has reached those heights yet, we will see what the future holds for him.

Comment

Originally posted by mayweatherspace View Post
                Tyson Fury says his main goal is to become the greatest of all time, not just in his era

Tyson Fury is easily the greatest (or 2nd greatest after AJ) of this HW era.

But if he wants to be the best HW of all time, that means he should display enough greatness to show he would be capable of dominating any HW era in history, and we all know Muhammad Ali's era is the greatest era for boxing.

How would a Prime Fury do against Prime Frazier, Foreman, Ali, Ken Norton etc?

I think most of the top HW from that era are more skilled, but as time progressed, the boxers have become more bigger, stronger, have better access to nutrition and training etc.

Would Fury crack the top 5? Top 10-15?
                Would he be up there with Ali and Frazier?

Would his insane reach and defence allow him to get past the hard hitting monster George Foreman?
                Fury unifies and becomes kingpin in any era.

Sweet Pea in Goliath's body, boxing's Achilles, no man from his mother can best Tyson "2 fast" Fury, the people's champ, legend has it he bathes with the tears of NSB haters.

Comment

Lewis also fought all comers. Never ducked a fight, Many of the guys he beat he exposed so it does not read as impressively as it should: for example, Michael Grant...Lewis' mandatory was Ruiz who sucked, and Grant was going to teach Lewis a lesson, KO him. Or Briggs, or Tua, Or Golota, or how about Rudock? As people warm to lewis it will show that he fought excellent competition. Oliver McCall in particular is a very dangerous puncher, and Lewis avenged all his defeats.

Its silly to say he fumbled against Holyfield, he beat Holyfield twice! Holyfield is on some people's short list of great fighters in two divisions! And Vitali was not green by any stretch. You have some inflated idea of yourself calling another poster out with the so called evidence you present here.... which is rubbish frankly.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                    Fury unifies and becomes kingpin in any era.

Sweet Pea in Goliath's body, boxing's Achilles, no man from his mother can best Tyson "2 fast" Fury, the people's champ, legend has it he bathes with the tears of NSB haters.
                    The Gypsy King actually does have a draw, and Hercules is still asking for a rematch!

Comment

[QUOTE=Rusty Tromboni;19519835]Maybe Ishouldn't be so forwarded, but you look kinda cute with your tail between your legs.[/quote ] evident from the way lewis beat all your claims to lewis being beaten

Comment

Working...
                      X