Comments Thread For: Marcus Browne Beats Bloody Badou Jack in WBC Eliminator

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by adotd View Post
    He's also aged significantly
    I been telling everyone boxers who wait for opponents to age past 31-32 before fighting them are duckers of the highest sort, who deserve ZERO credit for beating those guys after waiting for them to turn that age. I been telling everyone, 31-32 and under is prime in most weight classes, and anything after that doesn't count.

Unfortunately, many of you only listen when it's your favorite fighters getting old. When it's GGG being waited out, Kovalev being waited out (Ward didn't fight him until 33-34, not as bad as what Canelo did but that's STILL *****ing PAST PRIME PERIOD and he had every opportunity to fight him a year or two earlier since they were both on HBO), Pacquiao being waited out, Lomachenko currently being waited out by Tank and possibly Mikey since the smaller man with the athlete's style and without the dynamite fists will probably decline much sooner than he will, when it's those fighters, non-PBC, non-American fighters, many people ignore their age, and claim laim they were in their primes and that mentioning their ages is "just an excuse." GGG was 36 years old before suffering his first debated loss, yet you have hundreds of posters on here and in the online boxing community claiming the Canelo fights and the Jacobs fight at 34 years old discredit his entire career as a boxer.

So just be consistent man. Just is old, just like Pacquiao. Thats why when Pacquiao fights bigger longer guys, natural 147 pounders, like Floyd at this point or whoever else, he falls short on his punches now because his legs dont have the spring to get to reach that far away target anymore like they used to. But against natural 140 pounders like Pacquiao, such as AB and Matthysse, you see he has just enough to still reach them. But anyone longer like Crawford or Floyd, he would fall short cuz of the 40 year old legs. I saw the same thing with Badou Jack tonight vs Browne, and Stevenson vs Gvozdyk. The thing is, even in his prime, Jack probably didnt have the legs to keep up with Browne, but he certainly would have had a better chance.

All I ask for is consistency. I can admit when others favorite boxers are old, and not penalize their legacies for that. It would be nice if other posters on here could do the same with my favorite boxers. Peace

Comment

That cut was horrendous. Should have been stopped. Jack isn't a one punch KO artist and that's the only way he could have won here. He was already 5-1/6-0 down before the cut, and was risking further serious damage in a fight he had 0.00001 % chance of winning at that stage. I'm not normally one to want a fight stopped, but this was one of those that should have been. If Badou Jack pulled himself out of that fight, everybody would have understood it. I also thought his trainer was a joke. I think he would have sent Jack back out if his head was hanging off his body.

Comment

Browne is a problem. He showed the whole package even some dirty fighting skills

Comment

That was a decent fight, Jack showed a lot of heart respect. Great win for Browne and congratulations to him on winning the belt!

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
            I been telling everyone boxers who wait for opponents to age past 31-32 before fighting them are duckers of the highest sort, who deserve ZERO credit for beating those guys after waiting for them to turn that age. I been telling everyone, 31-32 and under is prime in most weight classes, and anything after that doesn't count.

Unfortunately, many of you only listen when it's your favorite fighters getting old. When it's GGG being waited out, Kovalev being waited out (Ward didn't fight him until 33-34, not as bad as what Canelo did but that's STILL *****ing PAST PRIME PERIOD and he had every opportunity to fight him a year or two earlier since they were both on HBO), Pacquiao being waited out, Lomachenko currently being waited out by Tank and possibly Mikey since the smaller man with the athlete's style and without the dynamite fists will probably decline much sooner than he will, when it's those fighters, non-PBC, non-American fighters, many people ignore their age, and claim laim they were in their primes and that mentioning their ages is "just an excuse." GGG was 36 years old before suffering his first debated loss, yet you have hundreds of posters on here and in the online boxing community claiming the Canelo fights and the Jacobs fight at 34 years old discredit his entire career as a boxer.

So just be consistent man. Just is old, just like Pacquiao. Thats why when Pacquiao fights bigger longer guys, natural 147 pounders, like Floyd at this point or whoever else, he falls short on his punches now because his legs dont have the spring to get to reach that far away target anymore like they used to. But against natural 140 pounders like Pacquiao, such as AB and Matthysse, you see he has just enough to still reach them. But anyone longer like Crawford or Floyd, he would fall short cuz of the 40 year old legs. I saw the same thing with Badou Jack tonight vs Browne, and Stevenson vs Gvozdyk. The thing is, even in his prime, Jack probably didnt have the legs to keep up with Browne, but he certainly would have had a better chance.

All I ask for is consistency. I can admit when others favorite boxers are old, and not penalize their legacies for that. It would be nice if other posters on here could do the same with my favorite boxers. Peace
            Perfect example of too much time on your hands ladies and gentlemen!

Comment

Originally posted by adotd View Post
              I'm pissed Browne didn't go for the stoppage. I lost out on £££ via stoppage
              I felt Browne could stop him but Badou is tough man so I just put money on a straight up bet for Browne to win. Could've parlayed all the fights and won big but didn't have the balls to do it.

Comment

What a boring and ugly fight. The fact everyone involved allowed Jack to continue with a hole in his head is ****ing ridiculous.

Comment

So much blood dude.

That's more blood than a female menstruation

Tops the list for the bloodiest bout I've ever seen in combat sports

Btw, this fight should've been a no contest

That hole in his head should've stopped the fight

Comment

I thought his trainer was a disgrace. A fighter isn't going to take himself out of the fight - it's the trainer's job to look out for him. The trainer did the opposite.

He couldn't see punches coming. He couldn't land a shot. Seemingly they were just sending him in hoping Browne would do something silly and get disqualified. They were constantly screaming at the ref.

Embarrassing for the sport.

Comment

Well was not expecting that, Browne is legit

Comment

Working...
                      X