Tito Ortiz response to Dana White

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tito Ortiz response to Dana White

View this post on Instagram

DanaWhite - I appreciate everything you have done for the me & the sport, in my humble opinion I don’t feel Chuck & I were compensated correctly for all that we gave & sacrificed for the company. When you sold the company for over 4.5 billion dollars how much of that did Chuck and I get ? Nothing.... I’m trying to build something new and rewarding for the sport! This is not about you, it is not about me... I want it to be about the fighters & giving them the opportunity to share in all the rewards this business has to offer to where they don’t have to fight when they are 43 & 48. GoldenBoyBoxing UFC

A post shared by titoortiz1999 (@titoortiz1999) on

What did Dana say first? I’ve never been a MMA guy, and I’ve been saying for years that Dana was ripping off his guys. Good on Diaz to say something (finally)

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
      What did Dana say first? I’ve never been a MMA guy, and I’ve been saying for years that Dana was ripping off his guys. Good on Diaz to say something (finally)
      that the fight was a disgrace which it was.

tbh, it's not Dana White's fault that Ortiz wasted the money he earned during his career, and if he had looked into it, he'd know that Liddell was paid 1mil a year for being a UFC ambassador after his retirement.

Comment

He's been talking shyt about Oscar and the Ortiz/Liddell fight. Dana white is a phuking hypocrite saying Liddell is my friend and shouldn't of been allowed to fight. A friend yet you robbed him all those years? A friend yet you haven't talked to him since the fight or stopped him from fighting by phuking paying him. And he thinks old guys shouldn't be allowed to fight? Yet allowed old azzz James toney who isn't even a MMA fighter fight. What about kimbo slice? What about today begging to force a about to be 42 year old Floyd to step in a cage and fight? If he could make a penny he would force his mother into a cage and try and make money from it.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post

tbh, it's not Dana White's fault that Ortiz wasted the money he earned during his career, and if he had looked into it, he'd know that Liddell was paid 1mil a year for being a UFC ambassador after his retirement.
          Oh it likely was a disgrace, since guys were in their 40’s. Anyone who paid should have expected that though. Just like whoever paid for Berbick vs Ali.

But Dana should have kept his mouth shut IMO. I hate seeing promoters talk **** about other promoters cards. It’s become something that happened often lately. Hate it.

Comment

Robbed the fighters who built UFC and still robbing them which is why you see top guys refusing to fight, begging to fight boxers so they can get fair pay etc. UFC fighters putting their life on the line making peanuts compared to boxers then and now get paid. They don't see anywhere near the revenue for their ppvs and events that boxers see. Dana White rapes his fighters both Liddell and Ortiz are prime examples
            Last edited by bigdunny1; 11-28-2018, 03:28 AM.

Comment

Oh it likely was a disgrace, since guys were in their 40’s. Anyone who paid should have expected that though. Just like whoever paid for Berbick vs Ali.

But Dana should have kept his mouth shut IMO. I hate seeing promoters talk **** about other promoters cards. It’s become something that happened often lately. Hate it.
              Keep in mind that Liddell is a close friend of Dana's. He didn't say it hatefully, just that he thought Oscar was pathetic for bringing these guys' health in danger.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                Robbed the fighters who built UFC and still robbing them which is why you see top guys refusing to fight, begging to fight boxers so they can get fair pay etc. UFC fighters putting their life on the line making peanuts compared to boxers then and now get paid. They don't see anywhere near the revenue for their ppvs and events that boxers see. Dana White rapes his fighters both Liddell and Ortiz are prime examples
                This is complete bs. Totally untrue.

The average pay on a UFC card is far higher than the average pay on a Showtime boxing card.

On the MayMac undercard there were boxers getting 3500 in total. how pathetic is that? In comparison, the minimum show purse on UFC Khabib Mcgregor was 20k with a guaranteed win bonus for the winner.

So stop talking complete bs. The top top boxers earn more than the top top UFC fighters, if you include Mayweather. But since he's retired, the number one paid fighter is McGregor according to Forbes.

Comment

This is complete bs. Totally untrue.

The average pay on a UFC card is far higher than the average pay on a Showtime boxing card.

On the MayMac undercard there were boxers getting 3500 in total. how pathetic is that? In comparison, the minimum show purse on UFC Khabib Mcgregor was 20k with a guaranteed win bonus for the winner.

So stop talking complete bs. The top top boxers earn more than the top top UFC fighters, if you include Mayweather. But since he's retired, the number one paid fighter is McGregor according to Forbes.
                  https://thesportsdaily.com/2013/09/1...arnings-fox11/

Chuck Liddell Career Earnings
                  * denotes an estimated purse

UFC 47 – Apr 2/04 – W (Ortiz) – $100,000 ($50,000 to show, $50,000 win bonus)

UFC 49 – Aug 21/04 – W (V. White) – $120,000 ($60,000 to show, $60,000 win bonus)

UFC 52 – Apr 16/05 – W (Couture) – $140,000 ($70,000 to show, $70,000 win bonus)

UFC 54 – Aug 20/05 – W (Horn) – $160,000 ($80,000 to show, $80,000 win bonus)

UFC 57 – Feb 4/06 – W (Couture) – $250,000

UFC 62 – Aug 26/06 – W (Sobral) – $280,000 ($250,000 to show, $30,000 Knockout of the Night bonus*)

UFC 66 – Dec 30/06 – W (Ortiz) – $280,000 ($250,000 to show, $30,000 Fight of the Night bonus*)

UFC 71 – May 26/07 – L (Q. Jackson) – $500,000

UFC 76 – Sept 22/07 – L (Jardine) – $500,000

UFC 79 – Dec 29/07 – W (W. Silva) – $550,000 ($500,000 to show, $50,000 Fight of the Night bonus)

UFC 88 – Sept 6/08 – L (R. Evans) – $500,000

UFC 97 – Apr 18/08 – L (Rua) – $500,000 *

UFC 115 – Jun 12/10 – L (Franklin) – $500,000

Liddell vs Ortiz 3 – Nov 24/18 – L (Ortiz) – $250,000

Chuck Liddell Career Earnings: $4,630,000

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                    https://thesportsdaily.com/2013/09/1...arnings-fox11/

Chuck Liddell Career Earnings
                    * denotes an estimated purse

UFC 47 – Apr 2/04 – W (Ortiz) – $100,000 ($50,000 to show, $50,000 win bonus)

UFC 49 – Aug 21/04 – W (V. White) – $120,000 ($60,000 to show, $60,000 win bonus)

UFC 52 – Apr 16/05 – W (Couture) – $140,000 ($70,000 to show, $70,000 win bonus)

UFC 54 – Aug 20/05 – W (Horn) – $160,000 ($80,000 to show, $80,000 win bonus)

UFC 57 – Feb 4/06 – W (Couture) – $250,000

UFC 62 – Aug 26/06 – W (Sobral) – $280,000 ($250,000 to show, $30,000 Knockout of the Night bonus*)

UFC 66 – Dec 30/06 – W (Ortiz) – $280,000 ($250,000 to show, $30,000 Fight of the Night bonus*)

UFC 71 – May 26/07 – L (Q. Jackson) – $500,000

UFC 76 – Sept 22/07 – L (Jardine) – $500,000

UFC 79 – Dec 29/07 – W (W. Silva) – $550,000 ($500,000 to show, $50,000 Fight of the Night bonus)

UFC 88 – Sept 6/08 – L (R. Evans) – $500,000

UFC 97 – Apr 18/08 – L (Rua) – $500,000 *

UFC 115 – Jun 12/10 – L (Franklin) – $500,000

Liddell vs Ortiz 3 – Nov 24/18 – L (Ortiz) – $250,000

Chuck Liddell Career Earnings: $4,630,000
                    And how much revenue did these events generate? And you're not showing his PPV cuts which probably doubles or triples the amount of his career purses

You can't pay someone more than they bring in, especially with the whole card being stacked.

Comment

Working...
                    X