Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1Z1 (PS4, post apocalyptic MMO, free to play)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1Z1 (PS4, post apocalyptic MMO, free to play)

Sony Reveals New MMO H1Z1
    Zombies, middle America, and crafting, oh my!

Sony Online Entertainment president John Smedley revealed today that the company has been developing a free-to-play MMO called H1Z1.
    "It’s a massively multiplayer game in which players fight for survival in a world where death is the only sure thing," Smedley said. "The H1Z1 virus devastated mankind and left nothing but death and destruction in its wake and a world nearly empty of human life where the remnants of humanity are in a fight against extinction against those infected with the virus."

Smedley addressed the similarities between H1Z1 and other survival/zombie titles by pointing to many of the features that SOE hopes will make H1Z1 rise above the rest. Some of the features Smedley spoke of include multiple servers with different rule sets that can hold "thousands of players," crafting, an in-game economy built around a trading system, and many more.
    "It uses our proprietary next-gen Forgelight engine and that means we’ve had a lot of really cool technology to work with to make the game we wanted to make," he added. The game will also use the roadmap system from Planetside 2 to "clearly communicate what features we’re working on."

Smedley also stated that the game is designed to allow players to become part of the design process.
    "We’ll be opening it up for Player Studio creations too so expect player-created items to make their way into the game," he said. The design team is putting emphasis on "player ownership and building."

The game's newly formed subreddit is "very open to answering questions," and the team will be doing a livestream of a playtest session next week. Be sure to keep checking back to IGN for more news as it develops.

It’s been 15 years since H1Z1 was first encountered and what’s left of the world before is overrun with the Infected. Humanity has been reduced to hiding in the shadows, searching desperately for food and water and anything that can help to survive even for another day. But the Infected aren’t the only dangers in the world. Everyday life in the Apocalypse means dealing with all kinds of wild animals and the brutality of other survivors, as well as finding your next meal and a safe place to sleep. It also means scavenging or crafting anything that can help you live just one more day. In H1Z1 every minute of every day is borrowed time and fearing for your life… unless you are the Danger (talking to you Walter), but life can and will go on… even in circumstances as dire as this. Humanity has not given in to the Infected. There are still pockets of humanity and the fight goes on!

Smedley continued, "To use a simple reference I’m sure everyone interested in this game will get… we want our players to make Woodbury from The Walking Dead if they want to. Or take over a prison. Or fix an old car so you and your friends (yeah we have multiplayer vehicles) can run zombies and players over mercilessly, and revel in the sheer delight of hearing a zombie scream as you light it on fire, or craft a gun to take down your friends and enemies alike. Our goal here is to provide emergent gameplay that will allow our players to make the world their own the way they want to. One of the best things about H1Z1 being an MMO is the fact that with a lot of people playing, we’re able to see all different kinds of gameplay. If you prefer a quiet life as a farmer raising crops… we’re going to make sure your zombie apocalypse fantasy is complete. If you’re like me and you want nothing more than to kill everything that moves, by all means see how that goes. It’s going to be a blast!"

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™
      I won't be playing this unless it's during the day and other people are in the house.... nearby.
      Lol!

Seems to me like humans will be the real threat and the zombies will be more if a nuisance.

We can take over a prison, man. I'll be Rick. You can be my Coarl.

Comment

Not to hi-jack... but GTA kinda petered out ehh? still no heists wtf are they doing? Waiting to lose the entire online community before really bringing in the good stuff? ******ed.
        They announced a week or two ago heists will launch "this spring". So soon I guess.

All I know is Watch Dogs drops May 27th and I'm hoping that is the game we resurrect the "Sicc Mob" and tear **** up again.

Comment

Yeah that game looks good except for driving... driving looks a bit arcadish... but the graphics looks sick.
          What's dope about the graphics is that all the recent video's they've released are actual PS4 footage, not some super high end PC so we know it will look good. Still, I'm sure they held back a bit since they are releasing it on freaking everything (ps3, ps4, xbox 360, xbone, wii u, pc).

Comment

No doubt.

I just want RDR 2. On PS4 that game will actually look better than real life.
            No doubt RDR2 is coming. Probably an official announcement soon, perhaps at the E3.

Comment

I'll definitely give this a shot when it's released.

Comment

Working...
              X