No announcement yet.

GGG head-hunting.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

> Why did Golovkin head hunt so much?

J has much better reach and advantage in speed. He was setting the distance, so G couldn't safely come close and land to the body

> What would have happened if he had gone to the body more?

Probably he would take shots.

> Could he have stopped Jacobs?

Barely, J is bigger and was much heavier fight night.
    Last edited by djif; 03-20-2017, 05:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
      He just couldn't adapt, not sure if that was due to Jacobs switching between southpaw.. at one point I was thinking Jacobs was on fighting with one hand, I thought he must have hurt or broke his right hand. GGG showed a lot of negatives enough to get other fighters now thinking he is vulnerable. So maybe we shall see him against better fighters soon.
      i think that was the one bad thing jacobs did, kept going to southpaw but all of GGG's biggest shots landed on him in that position, he didnt do very well out of it and i was thinking he would get KOed before the end of the fight doing that chit. guess he proved me wrong but still dont get why he went back to it so much after getting tagged repeatedly

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
        i think that was the one bad thing jacobs did, kept going to southpaw but all of GGG's biggest shots landed on him in that position, he didnt do very well out of it and i was thinking he would get KOed before the end of the fight doing that chit. guess he proved me wrong but still dont get why he went back to it so much after getting tagged repeatedly
        Agreed, GGG was just going straight through the middle with his shots (right hand), when Jacobs switch to southpaw. Don't get me wrong i think Jacobs did well enough but he also showed GGG a little bit more respect than normal, And i think he would look back on this fight in the next few days and think i could have got the decision if i taken it to him a bit more.

I was listening to kevin Kelley after the fight and he said the exact same thing, he thought GGG won because Jacobs didn't go in there looking to take those belts away from the champ.

Comment

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
          Jacobs corner was really good gave all the right directions, i think Abel is overrated.
          I dont agree...jacobs best chance was to attack...and when he did flurry or get on the front foot he had golovkin moving....then everytime he got to his corner his team told him...jab up jab down and dont engage...which is an andre ward strategy. Danny ...unlike ward...has the power...and if as he said afterwards...that golovkins power wasnt that great...he should have tried to walk through. Golovkin...wether it was an off night or wether he was exposed...was there for the taking...and i believe his corner held him back from doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
            He just couldn't adapt, not sure if that was due to Jacobs switching between southpaw.. at one point I was thinking Jacobs was on fighting with one hand, I thought he must have hurt or broke his right hand. GGG showed a lot of negatives enough to get other fighters now thinking he is vulnerable. So maybe we shall see him against better fighters soon.
            Jacobs displayed a very good lateral movement and he switched many times... When Jacobs was in southpaw stance, I've noticed that GGG's jab was quasi ineffective...
            I thought that Jacobs strategically dominated this fight...

Comment

Working...
            X