Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Real Talk] Wilder is the worst thing to happen to the heavyweight division in years

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
    How is Wilder bad for boxing, except being racist? He's an idiot outside of the ring but who cares if he keeps winning and beating bum after bum?
    I think Wilder is good for boxing.

Even negative shit like playing the race card and making borderline racist comments himself attracts attention.

And, of course, he's knocking people TFO. They may be bums, but it still looks fierce and dramatic!
    Last edited by kafkod; 03-12-2018, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
      He was already a big name in the UK, getting PPV numbers around the Froch vs Groves level, but beating Wlad put him on a higher level still.
      Thanks. I tried to Google AJ PPV numbers, and 36 articles about Wlad popped up, lol

Comment

Originally posted by lparm View Post
        The guy is a complete hypejob.

Yes he has a huge punch but that's it. He runs his mouth like Ali and then goes life and death with a nearly 50 year old man.

He demands the true champ AJ split the purse when wilder can barely draw 5k fans in his home state.

He's the worst thing to happen to the hws since John Ruiz had a strap and pretended that he was a champion when everyone and Ruiz' mother knew Lennox was undisputed.

I don't often hope a fighter gets ko'd multiple times but wilder needs to go away.
        the hate is real, you poor soul. Hes exciting, brings in good ratings, has big power, always shows good class and respect after every fight, wants to fight the best, blah blah whats the point, you will hate the man no matter what he does.

Comment

40-0 39ko's, on the verge of the biggest Heavyweight Championship Bout......
          />

Comment

The guy is so afraid of Joshua getting the beating of his life that he is trying to discredit Wilder. No one with a brain is buying this, the fight will happen and your fears will be true

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
              Thanks. I tried to Google AJ PPV numbers, and 36 articles about Wlad popped up, lol
              You can check Sky PPV numbers here: http://www.barb.co.uk/viewing-data/w...ewing-summary/

Imput the date into the search fields then scroll down the results to Sky Box Office Events. The number to check is 3rd column from the left, Weekly reach, given in 000's. Sky never screen more than one PPV event per week, so all those numbers are for one show.

Broadcasters Audience Research Board is the most reliable source for UK TV viewing figures, used by politicians, advertising companies, etc.

Sky never release PPV numbers themselves, and I haven't checked all Hearn's shows, but whenever I have checked the BARB numbers are always in line with the approximate numbers given by Hearn himself.

Eg, Hearn said AJ/Vlad sold over 1.5m. The BARB number is 1532000.
              Last edited by kafkod; 03-12-2018, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                I think Wilder is good for boxing.

Even negative shit like playing the race card and making borderline racist comments himself attracts attention.

And, of course, he's knocking people TFO. They may be bums, but it still looks fierce and dramatic!
                Yeah exactly what I meant.

Comment

Wilder fans slam Marciano for beating "old" fighters like Louis, Walcott and Moore, but then get on their knees and bow to Wilder for beating Stiverne and Ortiz. The near 38 year old version of Louis was still a better fighter than Ortiz on his best day. Same goes for Moore and Walcott. And, Rocky was 5'10" 185 KO'ing ATGs, while Wilder is 6'7" and almost gets stopped by 38+ year old Ortiz in the 7th. Truth is, this is the weakest HW division ever. That's how Wilder can impress so many of these casuals.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                    He was guilty of being a cherrypicking champion but he fought legit top 5 contender Ortiz so nobody should complain about that. If he continues to defend his title against top contenders I have no problem with him. I think he is a loud mouthed bragging ignorant jerk but that's not unusual in boxing today. He does no harm and he is fun to watch and keeps the heavyweights interesting. Nobody is forced to watch him. He knocks everybody out so far and that's a good thing.
                    outside of Joshua Ortiz and maybe 2 more who are top contenders at HW?

Comment

Wilder is great for boxing. Most if not all casual fans (Casual fans = MOST fans) are looking for an actual fight when they tune in to watch boxing. Wilder boxing is about as close to a street fight as you are going to find.

Comment

Working...
                      X