Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: I'll Pay Wilder $5M to Fight Anyone He Wants Next in N.Y.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
    Then why offer Wilder anything? I will tell you why. He is doing it for public relations purposes. Who does he thinks he fooling? The man has a guilty conscience. He knows he done Deontay dirty and all the world; Including his fellow boxing rivals and competitors and Brits know he done Wilder wrong. He's doing this in order to repair some of the damage done to himself and his company's reputation.
    He's too evil to have a conscience.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
      You think Wilder - Joshua is a 100 million dollar fight?

Please tell me you’re joking.

This is part of the problem. We have people think both guys are 20-25 million dollar fighters but they’re not... One is and the other is so far back behind that he’s bringing in close to nothing to these guys. Nothing they can’t get with practically anyone else. Joshua made close to 30mil right? Against Parker?

The distant B side is in no position to make any demands or offers. Aj doesnt just make all the money, but everyone else would rather fight him too...so he can shut Wilder’s options out and let him feast on leftovers...

People need to separate being a fan and look at it Objectively from a pure business point of view.

I dont like it and most dont but it is what it is.
      Truth is I'm a boxing fan more than a business fan. What does the business side have to do with what the fan wants to see anyway? The fight is what it is all about to me, not the money someone besides me is going to make.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
        You think Wilder - Joshua is a 100 million dollar fight?

Please tell me you’re joking.

This is part of the problem. We have people think both guys are 20-25 million dollar fighters but they’re not... One is and the other is so far back behind that he’s bringing in close to nothing to these guys. Nothing they can’t get with practically anyone else. Joshua made close to 30mil right? Against Parker?

The distant B side is in no position to make any demands or offers. Aj doesnt just make all the money, but everyone else would rather fight him too...so he can shut Wilder’s options out and let him feast on leftovers...

People need to separate being a fan and look at it Objectively from a pure business point of view.

I dont like it and most dont but it is what it is.
        The B-side came up with $50 Million guaranteed! That means if the fight makes only $50 million, AJ still makes $50 million! It doesn't matter if we think it's $100 million, or if Finkel thinks it's a $100 million, AJ still makes at least $50 Million! Finkel and Eddie Hearn are not on the same level:

June 23, 2010:

Shelly Finkel was introduced to the entertainment business through his initial experience in the music industry. He initially launched his career in entertainment by running a club called "The Action House," featuring legendary bands such as Cream, The Doors, Procol Harem and some of the most recognized groups of the 1960s. In 1973, Mr. Finkel produced and promoted The Summer Jam at Watkins Glen, a rock festival which once received the Guinness Book of World Records entry for "Largest audience at a pop festival." An estimated 600,000 fans attended to see the Allman Brothers Band, The Band and the Grateful Dead perform. During his career he promoted concerts for some of the biggest names in the industry such as Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, The Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, Paul McCartney, Billy Joel, Elton John, and numerous other household names.

Additionally, Mr. Finkel has been the premier manager of fighters since he broke into the professional boxing scene in 1980 and was selected by the Boxing Writers' Association of America as Manager of the Year in 1990 and 1993. He has represented some of the biggest names in the sport, including Mike Tyson, Evander Holyfield, Pernell Whitaker, and Manny Pacquiao to name a few. Most recently, he has advised IBF and WBO World Heavyweight Champion Wladimir Klitschko and WBC World Heavyweight Champion Vitali Klitschko. His legendary career in boxing was recognized on June 13, 2010 when he was inducted into the International Boxing Hall of Fame.

http://www.marketwired.com/press-rel...eo-1280677.htm

Comment

Lol now hes trying to pay WilDer 5 million to fight somebody else other than his fighter wtf lol

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
            I don't trust Hearn any further than I can throw him!

December 28, 2017:

"The fight has never been closer. We're a lot closer now to a deal because we've had a major breakthrough, which is that the two camps have formally agreed on the split," Higgins told ESPN in a phone interview from his home country of New Zealand. "The Joshua side made a small concession, and the Parker side has made a small concession."

Initially, Parker's side demanded 40 percent, with Hearn offering a fraction of that figure. Although Higgins declined to give the precise percentage split the sides agreed to, he said it was between roughly two thirds of the pie for the Joshua side and a third for the Parker side.

"It's between 30 and 35-ish percent for the Parker side," Higgins said. "I'll leave it at that for now, but it's somewhere close to the middle of that. Maybe after Eddie and I talk about it, we will make the figure public."

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...ving-way-fight

Parker didn't get a flat-fee!
            Higgins words, not Hearn's.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
              Higgins words, not Hearn's.
              A) Hearn's words mean ****. B) Are you denying that Parker got a percentage split, or just that it wasn't 30% like Higgins stated? C) Please provide Hearn's words, because I can't find his denial anywhere!

Comment

Yea right....

Comment

This info is from WBN.net, and if it is true, then Hearn continues to be less than honest.
                  "Deontay Wilder co-manager and advisor Shelly Finkel revealed to WBN that paperwork was received by Matchroom Boxing regarding a $50m offer to Anthony Joshua for a fight in the United States.
                  Team Wilder had previously kept a lid on this information amidst back and forth negotiations but made their declaration through Finkel on Monday evening.

"To clear up one other fallacy, Eddie knows that they have a written term sheet from us which details our $50 million-dollar offer for Anthony Joshua to fight Deontay Wilder in the U.S. We have never received from them a response to this term sheet," Finkel exclusively told World Boxing News before outlining the strained relationship the pair enjoy is not down to his own personal feelings.

"Eddie thinks I dislike him. He is wrong. I just have a difference of opinion with him of what a fact is. When I state something is a fact, I have written proof to back it up. I dare Eddie to do the same," he said.

"I sent them a letter acknowledging Eddie’s email of June 22, telling them they would have the contract back by Friday June 29th.

"Since the contract did not state the date or the venue, I also asked for that information.

"These are the facts and Matchroom will have the contracts back to them by Friday June 29th," added Finkel."

Comment

Originally posted by P4Pdunny View Post
                    He said this on his IFLTV interview, fight someone in NYC for $5m and then Fight AJ in April 2019 (13th or 19th I can't remember) as part of a deal that sees Wilder pocket $20m altogether I think.
                    ... with no mention of Showtime, the network that's already spent basically 4 years building Deontay Wilder's profile, while also building Anthony Joshua's profile over his last 6 fights as well. lol.

DAZN gave Eddie Hearn a guaranteed $250m over two years and, when he thought no one was paying attention, tried to ensure that he gets a chance to see the rest of the $750m by trying to backdoor a Joshua fight, a Wilder fight, and Joshua-Wilder onto the platform.

Just imagine if the $50m offer from Wilder came with the clause that Team Wilder could shop the UK rights to the fight to every broadcaster.

Comment

Originally posted by Split Decision View Post
                      damn ur right, he should be like other promoters who promote out of the kindness of their heart
                      Kindness of his heart was what he used to back out of heading to Las Vegas for a minimum of $50m when he's already acknowledged that he thinks having the fight in the UK is maybe worth $40m, so what's your point?

Where's the consistency?

Comment

Working...
                      X