Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Julio Cesar Chavez Sr. and his links to organized crime.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El Gitano View Post
    Lived...... .
    Cool. So you probably know a bit about how things really go down.

Comment

Chula Vista

Great place to live and work . 6 minites to TJ Boxing has a great expirence in my lofe and i am ok with that . My coworker shared this story with me and i respect my co worker .

Comment

Chula vista life is great and only 6 minutes from the TJ ! Boxing soccer and all the festivities n social parties are the best!

Comment

Originally posted by MrTambourineMan View Post
          So that's why Martinez showed up at the Cotto fight in a Wheelchair... Chavez Sr. had him kneecapped for slapping Jr around.

Comment

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
            IN Michoacán parties last for days...
            my wife never ever wants to return.
            My primo, is handling things....
            I’ve been all over Mexico...

Italian mobsters don’t get down like that.
            F movies, real chit is unbelievable.

If anyone writes a script, .... they vanish.
            That’s real magic..

Comment

Originally posted by Sk8Life View Post
              I shared the same cell with Julio Cesar Chavez in the Santa Barbara County jail back in 1993. I even played checkers with Julio and I don't think I won a single game. That guy was on a whole other level. I didn't know at the time he was a Mexican boxing champion. He was a very nice person. He was generous and gave me a candy bar on a few occasions. That is a very rare gesture in jails and prisons. He had what appeared to be a close associate that never left his side and took care of his need for companionship and conversation. I was reading the bible a lot at the time and I recall suggesting to him that he many not want to fight for the rest of his life, as there were other less destructive ways to achieve success. What did I know? They told me he was a fighter, but it wasn't until years later while recalling the time in jail, that I found out from my dad, an ex gold glove boxer, 82nd AB Paratrooper in Korea, and NW Cascade Smokejumper, he was a national champion. I must have seemed like such a dumb gringo kid to him. True talk. I was told at the time he was in for manslaughter, but the records must have all been classified pre internet era because I can't find anything online to substantiate my story.

I also recall reading the Santa Barbara News Press one day and seeing another boxer got arrested in the late 1990's for beating up the boyfriend of a stripper who worked at the Spearmint Rhino. What struck me was that the boxer was a champ named Fernando Vargas, but he used a golf club to beat his romantic rival instead of his fists.

Chuck Lidell used to walk around Isla Vista while I was a student at UCSB accepting any and all challengers on the street or wherever. I saw a fight or two on film that some students recorded. Not much of a fight really. More like watching a hot knife slice butter.

The closest to the celebrity boxing scene in Santa Barbara was when I was sucker punched in the side of the head while leaving a nightclub on lower State Street.
              you shared a cell with julio cesar chavez and never caught wind that he was julio cesar chavez? in 1993? you should post more often. some people like stupid.

Comment

Working...
              X