This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everyone,

I have starting boxing recently and thinking about getting a heavybag for my home. I weigh about 85 kilos (a little shy of 190 pounds) and looking to fight in light heavyweight division (in amateurs to test myself actually) in some future. Should I get a 70 pound or 100 pound bag. And while I understand those two could be used for different purposes I can only get one due to room constraints. Also does the length of the bag matter. That is if a 100 pound bag is 4 feet or 5 feet does it make a difference and if yes what should be the length of each bag ideally?

Comment

• I am trying to decide whether to buy Mexican style boxing gloves or broken in style gloves like winning for bags and pads.

The current boxing gloves I am looking at are the Rival SF-F or Rival HDE-F 10oz gloves. From experience what style do you think I should do for?

Comment

• Anyone ever modified the grip bar? I'm going to get a pair of customized gloves made that has either a smaller grip bar, or a grip bar that makes a 'V' near the pinky finger. I've proposed this idea to a vendor and they have proposed removing the grip bar entirely, but there's an advantage to punching 'with' the grip bar. I had a hand injury to my little finger which is stuck at a 90 degree angle. I can make a fist, but the knuckles don't line up unless my pinky can fit over the grip bar, and in traditional gloves, it scrunches up underneath the grip bar. So that's why I'm thinking some kind of 'V' shaped grip bar would be ideal.

Any of you ever had a pair of Winnings gloves customized? Will they modify the bar? The Winnings is what I want, but I will settle for less just to start punching properly with the glove on. When my hands are wrapped properly with gauze and toilet paper (I use the Goosen method.) my right hand feels like sex on the beach, I guess I could box without a grip bar in the gloves, but like I said, the cross would be better probably with that grip bar...

Comment

• Originally posted by adurmus View Post
          Hello everyone,

I have starting boxing recently and thinking about getting a heavybag for my home. I weigh about 85 kilos (a little shy of 190 pounds) and looking to fight in light heavyweight division (in amateurs to test myself actually) in some future. Should I get a 70 pound or 100 pound bag. And while I understand those two could be used for different purposes I can only get one due to room constraints. Also does the length of the bag matter. That is if a 100 pound bag is 4 feet or 5 feet does it make a difference and if yes what should be the length of each bag ideally?
          id get 3 bags.

get a wrecking ball/body snatcher type bag.
          get a water bag and a smaller water bag tied to the top of it, punch it around it. two bags in one kinda deal.
          get a ringside 200lb bag with the red center striking surface.

Comment

• Boxing gear question

Hi All,

Complete novice here.

My son is looking to incorporate some heavy bag training into his workouts. I ran into a couple of boxers at the airport and asked them about training gloves, they suggested a website that had the word black as part of the url. I think they said the company may have been out of Texas, but I’m not sure. I’ve tried looking online and can’t find the full name. I really liked the gloves they showed me.

If anyone knows the potential name of the website, I thank you in advance.

Comment

• I guess they have a great collection when it comes to boxing. I am following them from the beginning. https://boxingcrunch.com/

Read this thorough guide before making any purchase Boxing Gloves Reviews
              Last edited by js35751; 02-07-2020, 02:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WRKD View Post
                Hi All,

Complete novice here.

My son is looking to incorporate some heavy bag training into his workouts. I ran into a couple of boxers at the airport and asked them about training gloves, they suggested a website that had the word black as part of the url. I think they said the company may have been out of Texas, but I’m not sure. I’ve tried looking online and can’t find the full name. I really liked the gloves they showed me.

If anyone knows the potential name of the website, I thank you in advance.
                Probably Title Boxing, based in Kansas. It has a brand called Title Black. www.titleboxing.com

Comment

• Does anyone know about punch paddles?
                  What are the good brands and do they break easy?

Comment

• What gear to buy for a boy who wants to learn boxing?

Comment

• man cleeto reyes without padding are hurting my hands so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X