No announcement yet.

1988 Mike Tyson vs 2020 Tyson Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
    Mike has a chance in the first 3-4 rounds if it goes beyond that he will get stopped late or most likely do something stupid out of frustration and get himself disqualified.
    See now, you're talking about post-1988 Tyson, like 1997 against Holyfield. Mike was nothing like that in 1988. He was still focused and devastating. He was very hard to hit and the height difference between he and Fury would have made him even more difficult to hit. It would have been a war that may have gone the distance, like the fight against Mike and Tony Tucker.

Comment

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
      See now, you're talking about post-1988 Tyson, like 1997 against Holyfield. Mike was nothing like that in 1988. He was still focused and devastating. He was very hard to hit and the height difference between he and Fury would have made him even more difficult to hit. It would have been a war that may have gone the distance, like the fight against Mike and Tony Tucker.

I don't think he was ever properly tested until that point apart from against Tucker. Like Victor Ortiz always a quitter he just was blowing guys out and had no real controversy early in his career.

I just feel once you got past those first 3-4 rounds Mike slowed drastically and frustration always reared its ugly head when things wasn't going his way as it did vs Mitch Green pre 88 when things wasn't going all his way.

Comment

He can bob n' weave all he likes Fury's arms are way too long he'd use his 12-15" or whatever it is reach advantage control his head and lean all over him until Mike was exhausted & it wouldn't take long with a 60lb weight advantage.

Fury is bigger and has more dimensions than the other big men Tyson fought even Lewis.

Tyson wasn't built to go long in a fight. I love Mike he got me into boxing but he was a great frontrunner. Unless he got to Fury early I don't give him any chance even his power really faded after a few rounds.

Comment

I would put every penny I had on Tyson Fury to win. Mike Tyson vs Dereck Chisora would be a 50-50 and a great fight though.

Comment

Originally posted by sentax View Post
            "Iron" Mike Tyson

5'10.5", 71" reach, 218 lbs

Tyson "Gyspy King" Fury

6'9", 85" reach, 273 lbs

Is this a sick joke!?!?!?

Tyson took up Boxing to distance himself from the childhood memories of sexual abuse. And now you want to put him in the ring with Fury to get raped!?

I love your sense of humor!

For anyone who is a serious Boxing fan, and wants to know the sport, I reference you to Tyson's fights with Tucker and Bruno. While you can argue that Tyson was an unfinished product, he was in the ring with men much, much smaller and far, far less skilled than Fury and still went the distance.

Seriously, what could James "Precious" Douglas do that Fury can't? Besides shyte away his career?

Former Cruiserweight Holyfield beat up Tyson on the inside. You really wanna compare his work to what the ogre Fury did to Wilder on Saturday night?

Comment

The disparity in size and heart is enormous.

Why not make Canto vs. Tyson while we're at it?

Comment

So now we're comparing Tyson Fury to Tony Tucker? I guess we'll compare him to an old Tillis, too?

When in 1988 (or before) did Tyson even show the infighting skills to beat Holyfield?

If Tyson was so hard to hit why did he regularly get hit?

Since the laws of physics don't apply on the planet you're posting from, in which round do you pick Duran to KO Tyson?

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                  He can bob n' weave all he likes Fury's arms are way too long he'd use his 12-15" or whatever it is reach advantage control his head and lean all over him until Mike was exhausted & it wouldn't take long with a 60lb weight advantage.

Fury is bigger and has more dimensions than the other big men Tyson fought even Lewis.

Tyson wasn't built to go long in a fight. I love Mike he got me into boxing but he was a great frontrunner. Unless he got to Fury early I don't give him any chance even his power really faded after a few rounds.
                  Fury would either out-box him 10-2.

Or shove him in the corner, make it ugly and break Mike down physically and mentally.

Mike showed he didn't like it when anyone put up a fight. fury would do worse than that, he'd force Mike onto the back foot.

Tyson was a quitter. It was only a matter of time before it surfaced. A lot of blame is placed on D'Amato's death, and Rooney's exile, but they were just stuffing their thumbs into a crumbling dam.

Again, I am the first guy to say that Tyson would have only gotten better. We missed out on his best years. He would have gotten better at what he already did absurdly well, and he would have developed other facets: inside fighting, pacing, defense. But his mentality was always going to limit him. And eventually his body would probably start giving out. A big man with skill and heart will fully expose that - nothing Cuz and Kevin could do about it.

Fury wasn't perfect Saturday night. He crowded his punches, he relied heavily on dirty Boxing. But he showed us just how incredible he is.

They're simply men cut from a different cloth. And give Fury the steroids that Mike had available to him, and it becomes all the more obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
                    So now we're comparing Tyson Fury to Tony Tucker? I guess we'll compare him to an old Tillis, too?

When in 1988 (or before) did Tyson even show the infighting skills to beat Holyfield?

If Tyson was so hard to hit why did he regularly get hit?

Since the laws of physics don't apply on the planet you're posting from, in which round do you pick Duran to KO Tyson?
                    Settle down now. It's not that serious.

Comment

Settle down now. It's not that serious.
                      Your surrender's accepted.

Comment

Working...
                      X