Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have a 5x multiplier now? Nice

Comment

Originally posted by YoungManRumble View Post
      Got a grey kitty, white one and a tabby too, and big orange guy that puts snakes in my shoe

Also to PICKEMCREW not that it's too important since you fixed mine but the guys with 30 still have a perfect point. Not that it really means anything, just for accuracy. Baltimore gone school me easily anyway lol

That's a puzzler, I mean I've fixed it, but the chances of two adjoining pairs of players having got the numbers transposed by coincidence are astronomical cos I just input 'em in the order they appear on the pick 'em thread... so I'm figuring I've accidentally done something when I was doing a sort on the spreadsheet but I can't figure what operation would have caused that specific effect.

Anyways, like I say thanks for keeping your eyes open, man... for your sins you're one step closer to booking yourself a place on the team at some point in the future.
      Last edited by PICK EM CREW; 01-13-2020, 06:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
        We have a 5x multiplier now? Nice
        we do.... in fact two over the course of the year, but you only get your second if you've used your first by July 1st.

Problem is they can only be used on the bookies underdog, which oughta mean folk gotta think about 'em a bit more.

Comment

Originally posted by Articulateboxin View Post
          I check for the scoreboard everyday, I was delighted to see it already

Who was the guy talking all the smack at the end of 19 btw? About how he will dominate the board? I'm pretty sure he's not top 3 at least so didn't start the way he had hoped I'm guessing
          You check for scoreboard everyday? lol it’s completely normal for beginners like yourself to do that. It’s exciting isnt it?

This is a marathon, not a sprint. And nobody gives a sht about what happens in the first couple weeks, or months even.

Relax kiddo

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
            You check for scoreboard everyday? lol it’s completely normal for beginners like yourself to do that. It’s exciting isnt it?

This is a marathon, not a sprint. And nobody gives a sht about what happens in the first couple weeks, or months even.

Relax kiddo
            See you went for a nice middleground between tortoise and hare, huh? x2 to stop the leaders getting too much distance but tempered with caution....

Fiendishly clever! You sir, are a haretoise!!

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
              See you went for a nice middleground between tortoise and hare, huh? x2 to stop the leaders getting too much distance but tempered with caution....

Fiendishly clever! You sir, are a haretoise!!
              I don't know how I feel about this ruthless efficiency (scores posted on following day).
              Seems I was leading the pack for a few weeks last year because the scores stayed the same for a month! lol ( Some guys are never pleased.:-)

Comment

Originally posted by ruedboy View Post
                I don't know how I feel about this ruthless efficiency (scores posted on following day).
                Seems I was leading the pack for a few weeks last year because the scores stayed the same for a month! lol ( Some guys are never pleased.:-)
                ha ha... we'll see, I ain't like your super motivated type but I'm gonna at least try to stay on top of it. Likely I'll have bits of time off -specially over summer I tend to be off and about in the camper - but if you're counting on another extended stay at the top I'm afriad you might have to rely on your skill cos HBX3 and NC should be able to take over the updating this year whilst my slacker ass hangs out with the hippies.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                  FinitoX?... he made prety much the modal pick I think: Hart by decsion Munguia by mid KO, he did waste a x2 on Hart though I think, so not the best start but it's very early days yet.

I'm rather looking forward to seeing how he does, actually, and not in a negative way. I reckon a little more banter between the players is a good thing, 'long as it doesn't get out of hand, but it won't work if he's stuck 2/3 of the way down the table.

EDIT: Actually scratch that he did just fine, 60 points with a x2 on the Munguia KO. Nothing exceptional but a better score than most of us got.
                  You all got lucky Joe didn’t get the knockout
                  With a little help from the ref , then the doctor , he was fughed out of the knockout win in the 7th
                  With a X5 it would of been a cool 600 points right there

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
                    You all got lucky Joe didn’t get the knockout
                    With a little help from the ref , then the doctor , he was fughed out of the knockout win in the 7th
                    With a X5 it would of been a cool 600 points right there
                    I'm taking it you didn't follow the discussion on how we handled two multipliers on the same fight in the pre-season discussion thread? Actually it was even in the 2019 rules but I kinda forgot I'd slipped it in there over the course of the year and since I don't think we ever used it it was kinda moot.

From the masterthread rules:

The total of above results in your BASE SCORE. Your BASE SCORE for a fight will multiplied by all applicable multipliers / bonuses. If more than one multiplier is applicable to your score the multipliers will be added together before being applied, ie: a x4 underdog multiplier combined with a x3 play multiplier will result in your score being multiplied by x7 not by x12.
                    In effect that's mathmatically the same as calculating the underdog multiplier and the optional multiplier seperately and then adding them together.

Idea is we (or mainly I) was worried that a lucky desperation pick could unbalance the game too much. I mean, some chance is always good, but skill should never be outweighed by chance and my feeling was we were getting kinda close with that. Potentially under the old system a really wide underdog pick could net as much as x20 if you apply the multipliers consecutively, and just imagine the favourite in such a case retiring due to injury or some other freak occurance. Figured a potential 800 points was just too much, man.
                    Last edited by PICK EM CREW; 01-13-2020, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PICK EM CREW View Post
                      I'm taking it you didn't follow the discussion on how we handled two multipliers on the same fight in the pre-season discussion thread? Actually it was even in the 2019 rules but I kinda forgot I'd slipped it in there over the course of the year and since I don't think we ever used it it was kinda moot.

From the masterthread rules:

In effect that's mathmatically the same as calculating the underdog multiplier and the optional multiplier seperately and then adding them together.

Idea is we (or mainly I) was worried that a lucky desperation pick could unbalance the game too much. I mean, some chance is always good, but skill should never be outweighed by chance and my feeling was we were getting kinda close with that. Potentially under the old system a really wide underdog pick could net as much as x20 if you apply the multipliers consecutively, and just imagine the favourite in such a case retiring due to injury or some other freak occurance. Figured a potential 800 points was just too much, man.
                      So what your telling me is that my 3X + Smith was an underdog X2 would not have given me 600 points if I would of called it right ?

Comment

Working...
                      X