Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Wilder is Horrible Boxer, But I've Never Seen One-Punch Power Like That

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
    except when he gets battered and quits against someone with 35% bodyfat.

There seems to be an awful lot of negativity towards Deontay Wilder on this site. The guy started boxing at 20 years old. His skill is his power. Most fighters do meet their match at some point. You don't have to be Nostradamus to predict that a fighter will not retire undefeated. If he beats Fury will he get credit? Not from the haters that populate BoxingScene apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by Fire4231 View Post
      Bro I appreciate the commentary. We both have an amazing appreciation for all things Roy Jones.

The only thing I disagree with is your outrage on the comparison.

The point is neither fighter was text book and both had a style that was only possible because of their exceptional gifts.

Even if random Fighter A had Roy’s Ring IQ, without Roy’s other worldly speed and reflexes he would have a much shorter career fighting as Roy did. This why it’s hard for Roy to teach what he did. No one else is that gifted.

Even if Random Fighter A had GOOD reflexes they would not be able to fight like Roy for as long as he did. Roy’s style depended on 10ths of a seconds for safety. And when his reflex’s started to slow we saw how dangerous of a game Roy had been playing for the life of a career.

In the same vein, Wilder didn’t have his other worldly knock out power, he would have several losses at this point.

And although he doesn’t have incredible Ring IQ, what is amazing is he is extremely Self-Aware and disciplined. He is humbled in understanding his limitations and works with some amount of genius with in the context of his late start.

Say what you want about the Wilder draw with Fury, but even before the KO, Wilder was winning rounds in a way Vlad could not against a very challenging common foe. I had him winning more than two rounds. Early on Tyson was not doing as well.

Lol...Since you went there, we all know if both fighters were the same size Roy would destroy Wilder. Maybe in his absolute prime Roy KO’s him easy.

Where I disagree is this, if Roy goes up to Heavyweight to fight today’s Wilder at the time he fought John Ruiz... well he probably gets slept. Ruiz was slow as molasses, lacked heavyweight power and buzzed Roy in that fight.

You may not like to hear it but what are the chances Roy at that age would not get caught by that Wilder right hand? Wilder is more athletic, faster and that Hammer of Wilder has no mercy.

Clearly Roy is one of the greatest fighters to ever lace them up and my personal favorite but there is a reality to this game we can’t overlook. Great commentary bro!!!
      I agree wilder might sleep jones in his prime a natural 168-175 lber ....I dont rank jones win over ruiz so highly as others do ....I see what you are getting at , I just respectfully disagree ,my colorful commentary is all in good fun . They have the similarity of they are both unorthodox fighters who dont really have the greatest classical boxing skills .....but Sam Peter is a closer comparison that someone else made and that is pretty far off . Roy jones everything in the ring except power was light years ahead of wilder how ever I see you comparison now that u have worded it differently

Comment

Originally posted by Claude Palle View Post
        There seems to be an awful lot of negativity towards Deontay Wilder on this site. The guy started boxing at 20 years old. His skill is his power. Most fighters do meet their match at some point. You don't have to be Nostradamus to predict that a fighter will not retire undefeated. If he beats Fury will he get credit? Not from the haters that populate BoxingScene apparently.
        You do know Joshua started boxing at 18/19 years old.

Wilder has been a boxer longer than AJ

Comment

Yeah his right hand is devastating. Can he box? Does it matter? He can box well enough to land those bombs and when he does it's spectacular. That's all that counts.

Comment

Originally posted by Claude Palle View Post
            There's never been a champion in the history of the sport with a 95% knockout ratio after ten title fights. It's fucking crazy, man. The champ is breaking records in every single fight. He's uplifting the sport of boxing. We're watching a living legend make history in front of our very eyes, and these haters are too blind to appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
              lol good. Prove me wrong? Ive seen enough Wilder fans accusing of Joshua of being a PED cheat and considering VADA has proved itself to be useless and Americans are the most known for PEDS cheating in the world Wilder is as good as untested and is an American and its a fact about the metal in the hand ive checked it out after hearing more and more people talking about it.
              Wilder had metal pins inserted after an injury he suffered in his seventh professional fight, a 90-second stoppage of Travis Allen in August 2009. Also, he has broken his right hand at least three times in the past seven years. I believe this is a testimony to his punching power. The metal pins in his hand do not give him an advantage. I would have to see some proof of him using PEDS before I'd believe it.

Comment

Originally posted by NORMNEALON View Post
                I agree wilder might sleep jones in his prime a natural 168-175 lber ....I dont rank jones win over ruiz so highly as others do ....I see what you are getting at , I just respectfully disagree ,my colorful commentary is all in good fun . They have the similarity of they are both unorthodox fighters who dont really have the greatest classical boxing skills .....but Sam Peter is a closer comparison that someone else made and that is pretty far off . Roy jones everything in the ring except power was light years ahead of wilder how ever I see you comparison now that u have worded it differently
                Much respect Normnealon, this is how boxing debates are supposed to play out.

Without bias and with pure enthusiast appreciation for the sport.

A great boxing conversation is like enjoying a well aged scotch and a flavorful Cigar.

Wish these inarticulate fan boys understood it so that we could have more meaningful discussions and have a much more rich and complete sport.

Comment

[QUOTE=Curtis Harper;20301964]
                  Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post

It's not metal.....

Actually he has metal pins in his hand from surgery to repair a bad break. However what he has in his hands that is so powerful is Dynamite.

Comment

lennox beat every opponent by way of rematch

If Wilder scores the KO of fury, he will have KO'd every opponent hes ever faced by way of rematch.

Valero is the only world level fighter I can think of that KO'd everyone and Wilder has fought a higher level of competition.

Comment

• [QUOTE=DaNeutral.;20301985]
                      Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post

Hulk is a fictional character. Metal is real and wilders hand is full of the stuff the dirty cheat.
                      Maybe Wilder likes heavy metal? Yea, that's it he has a whole band in his hand and they're playing "another one bites the dust!"

Comment

Working...
                      X