Inoue vs Donaire rd 11

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
    JFL

let Donaire hit you with 5 flush left hooks. see how you cope.
    That would be the easiest million dollar payday of my life. Like feeling a bunch of pillows on my face. I'd rather face one of the ring girls, that would be a MUCH MORE CHALLENGING FIGHT.

Comment

Originally posted by tjones1989 View Post
      The ref was just giving Donaire a bit of time out of respect for the old man. ANYWAY (Inoue) could have poured on the pressure and gotten Donaire out of there; it would have been easy work.
      There was NOTHING easy about Donaire that night. Or any night at 118 or below. I did not make this thread to bash a legend who just gave one of the best fighters around a hell of a fight. It was just to point out that fight should have ended in the 11th, NO doubt. Even Donaire looked surprised the ref was not stopping it. In that brutal fight, for ONE moment Donaire had had enough. The fact he fought so hard after getting a "do over" just shows how tough he is, but like I said he had one moment of "weakness" in 11th and was done.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
        JFL

let Donaire hit you with just 2 flush left hooks. see how you cope.
        One would be more then enough for anyone who talks like he does.

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
          There was NOTHING easy about Donaire that night. Or any night at 118 or below. I did not make this thread to bash a legend who just gave one of the best fighters around a hell of a fight. It was just to point out that fight should have ended in the 11th, NO doubt. Even Donaire looked surprised the ref was not stopping it. In that brutal fight, for ONE moment Donaire had had enough. The fact he fought so hard after getting a "do over" just shows how tough he is, but like I said he had one moment of "weakness" in 11th and was done.
          Ooo boi, so many fallacies in one post. Where can I even begin with this? Donaire was looking like a zombie the whole fight, a really big, overweight zombie. Idk why Inoue was fighting so scared with this old man. It's like if I was fighting some senior citizen hooked to life support and jabbing jabbing/running around instead of going for the ko as early as possible. I was legit SHOCKED how SHOOK Inoue was in the midrounds, getting outjabbed and getting ROCKED with POWER SHOTS from the SHOT DONAIRE. I was kinda sold on Inoue before this, but now; I realize he's just another japanese produced BUM. Like bro, Inoue should have poured it on hard in that twelfth and final round; Donaire was absolutely done at that point. Idk if its because of that antiquated japanese honor bool**** or whatever, but Inoue got WORKED by an OLD MAN. Again, an OLD MAN!

Comment

One would be more then enough for anyone who talks like he does.
            I could eat 100 Donaire left hooks, that dudes power is OVERRATED.

Comment

1st Donaire fought a great fight, and showed an UNREAL chin and toughness. This was a career redefining performance for a guy who was already a lock for HOF. I heard a quote once that said" perseverance is not a marathon its many short races one after another" I thought "courage" would have been a better word. Everyone who has done some fighting whether in ring or not knows you get to a point where you know your not made of glass. You also get confidence in knowing how you will react once the "fight or flight" felling comes. That being said you don't just become brave and not fell fear anymore. Everytime you still have to battle fear, and if its tough you battle your desire to keep going. The reason I bring this up is Donaire made sooooo many decisions in that fight, not to just keep fighting, but to still try and win. That being said for ONE moment around 1:35 of rd 11 Donaire made a dec to stop. The ref was right in his face, and Donaire head was clear and the ref counts 8...9...10 and THEN Donaire try's the jump up at 11 thing. I cant believe im not hearing one writer bring up the fact he was counted out in the 11th. I'm in no way putting down Donaire who like I said showed a HUGE heart, but how the hell does so many people seem to miss that he was KOed in 11th? I have no doubt Inoue won the fight, but Donaire with his courage won the night, but he was KOed in 11th and that's a fact.
              Yo for real, I counted 14 seconds including the moment the referee separated Inoue from finishing Donaire. This fight should be counted as a stoppage. I have yet to see a major boxing news outlet comment on it, it's bizarre they mention the body shot knockdown without the long count.

Comment

Originally posted by allanperlee View Post
                Yo for real, I counted 14 seconds including the moment the referee separated Inoue from finishing Donaire. This fight should be counted as a stoppage. I have yet to see a major boxing news outlet comment on it, it's bizarre they mention the body shot knockdown without the long count.
                The ref was just showing some mercy to the old beaten Donaire, nothing to see here.

Comment

Originally posted by allanperlee View Post
                  Yea I think a lot of it is because EVERYONE loves Donaire(me too), but it really is showing bias for any writer. I have seen many long counts and most I disregard because the ref is behind on count so its impossible to know if the guy could have got up. This fight the ref actually counts too 10, and Donaire has yet to move. Its prob the worst one I can think of off the top of my head. Also it being a body shot we know Donaire' head is clean, and the ref was right in his face. Even Donaire looks a bit surprised the ref was letting him go.

Comment

Originally posted by tjones1989 View Post
                    shoot, that's even worse. He had that boi hurt, and absolutely writhing in pain. His power is definitely in question if he couldn't even body Donaire in that state. It should have been a quick KO. An even bigger asterick in Inoues' shaky career.
                    So you didn't see the knock down so you didn't see the fight but you are rabbiting on in detail about it. F**k me, I suspected some here were doing that, wtf is your problem, not getting attention at home? Bugger off.

Comment

Yea I think a lot of it is because EVERYONE loves Donaire(me too), but it really is showing bias for any writer. I have seen many long counts and most I disregard because the ref is behind on count so its impossible to know if the guy could have got up. This fight the ref actually counts too 10, and Donaire has yet to move. Its prob the worst one I can think of off the top of my head. Also it being a body shot we know Donaire' head is clean, and the ref was right in his face. Even Donaire looks a bit surprised the ref was letting him go.
                      We are all fans of Donaire for sure especially for going the distance with Inoue, but with the help of the referee of course. This long count is really bad because it's obvious the referee was favoring Donaire in this one, even Inoue waves his hands in surprise when he sees the referee count to ten and Donaire STILL doesn't get up. We all missed out on a knockout, similarly to how Librado Andrade was screwed from winning the title against Bute.

Comment

Working...
                      X