This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Godsfly View Post
    the problem is most eastern european fans aren't even from eastern europe. they are from america and canada . thats strictly RACE and nothing else.

look. i am a black motha****a. i love lomachenko. golovkin is trash. kovalov is decent. i could give 3 ****s about the skin of a boxer. as long as he's coming strong with the pain. u guys strictly go by race even though you aren't from that country. which makes it hilarious.......it's embarrassing.
    Wot?? You realize that Mayweather probably has more support from White Americans than Blacks? Who else can afford tickets to his fights?

What is more embarrassing is how black Americans, the descendants of West-African slaves, try to claim Ancient Egypt as their own..

Don't act like it's a White phenomena - people of all races support those who they believe is the most "like them."

You sound butthurt as you can't accept the fact that the racial tide is changing in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
      Honest question

You see it on this site

HBO

Ring magazine

Other boxing outlets

Hell, they support eastern euro guys more than they backed Kelly pavlik in the past....Joe smith today

The USA has great fighters from all races and backgrounds, yet white americans barely support their own race her or countrymen of different ethnic groups

Every other country seems to support their countrymen regardless of race, yet the US European(native born) Americans seem to have a love affair with Russians, Germans, Kazakhstan, etc

Why?
      Many Mexican-American fans quite cheerfully root for Mexican fighters over non-Mexican American fighters. And why not?

But anyway, show us some statistics or something. Because I have always known a ton of white americans who worship the best American fighters regardless of race -- which has always meant mostly black fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by ESAU View Post
        Black Americans are the same way with Cuban boxers.

They rep RIGO like he is black American.

At least White Americans and Canadians often have ancestry in these countries. Black Americans have nothing to do with Cuba.
        rigo is the ****........he's a good fighter. and most AA fans I've seen have called him boring. the same with african fighters. black amrericans don't give a **** about indongu. they like mayweather. only in the history of the sport have fans (whites) from canada, u.k. america. been the bases of anothers fan base. (weebler) knows NOTHING about eastern europe but yet he parade around like he's from the nation lol bigdrama show is from the u.k. and knows 0 about kazakhstan. like i said.........it's inferiority complexes that have taken over americans, u.k. (to some degree) & Canadians minds. and it's all hilarious LOOOOOOOOL

Comment

Originally posted by HAMMER77777 View Post
          110%, and I was rooting for Floyd against Pac, as did my Filipino-American wife. She may be Filipino-American, but she's extremely right-wing, America-first, all that. If someone asks her if she's Filipino, she snaps back "No, Im American".

Long story short, of course my wife and I rooted for Floyd and Chris Algeri against Manny Pac. Not even a judgement call. I also happen to be a big tennis fan. I root for all the Americans, especially Venus & Serena Williams.

But let me be 200% clear. Im glad Floyd kicked Manny's ass. THE MONEY TEAM!!!!! USA!!
          The pale wash has did you and your kind sheep like lol.. your people built these roads off slave wages and racism but the fact you don't care speaks volume.

Comment

Stop with the Identity politics... People can cheer on whoever they want, for whatever reason they want.

Comment

Originally posted by ESAU View Post
              Wot?? You realize that Mayweather probably has more support from White Americans than Blacks? Who else can afford tickets to his fights?

What is more embarrassing is how black Americans, the descendants of West-African slaves, try to claim Ancient Egypt as their own..

Don't act like it's a White phenomena - people of all races support those who they believe is the most "like them."

You sound butthurt as you can't accept the fact that the racial tide is changing in boxing.
              just wow..........

you're an idiot..............

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
                The pale wash has did you and your kind sheep like lol.. your people built these roads off slave wages and racism but the fact you don't care speaks volume.
                Um, WTF? That personal attack has been flagged. My people? Im an American. Thats what my passport shows. Same with my wife. My parents might be from India, and her parents might be from Manila, but we are Americans and we're damn proud of it. I didnt build **** as a slave. Excuse me for being proud of my country. I will ALWAYS root for American Fighters (or American athletes in Olympics, or in any sport in general). ALWAYS. Germans root for German Fighters, Japanese root for Japanese FIghters, Mexicans root for Mexican Fighters, etc., etc., etc., so as an American, Naturally, I would root for an American. Not even a remote question about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Godsfly View Post
                  just wow..........

you're an idiot..............
                  It's the truth!

There's a black dude on here who reps Ancient Egypt as his avi! And blacks everywhere in America claim "WE WUZ KANGS" from Ancient Egypt!

They believe they are the descendants!

Do you deny this? Afrocentrist BS is the most cringeworthy, YET HILARIOUS shyte ever!

In boxing, people support who looks like them = period.

And yes - many Americans have Russian and Ukrainian heritage. Some to the point where they still have family they regularly visit there.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                    Honest question

You see it on this site

HBO

Ring magazine

Other boxing outlets

Hell, they support eastern euro guys more than they backed Kelly pavlik in the past....Joe smith today

The USA has great fighters from all races and backgrounds, yet white americans barely support their own race her or countrymen of different ethnic groups

Every other country seems to support their countrymen regardless of race, yet the US European(native born) Americans seem to have a love affair with Russians, Germans, Kazakhstan, etc

Why?
                    Haymon has the American world champions locked up and HBO's budget is evaporating. So HBO focuses on eastern Europeans because that's what HBO can afford. Ring goes along with it because Ring is owned by an HBO promoter.

But let's not forget that MILLIONS watch when these American world champions fight on CBS, FOX, NBC, etc.

HBO may still control the boxing media, but they're losing their grip on boxing fans. Way more US boxing fans are watching these American world champions fight on the major networks than are watching anybody on HBO. It's not even close. HBO boxing is not the market leader anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
                      Stop with the Identity politics... People can cheer on whoever they want, for whatever reason they want.
                      Exactly this! I hate identity politics! I root for Americans because Im American. Just as a German, Japanese, Mexican, French, or what have you, person, would root for Fighters from their country. Its really not complicated LOL. But ya, root for who u like.

Comment

Working...
                      X