Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Thurman: Garcia Wants To Try Again? No Problem With Rematch!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Run Time Thurman

Comment

Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
      Run Time Thurman
      Haha I think Danny thought it was 1 time Thurman then realized it's pot shot run time Thurman.

haha I like Thurman too but he needs a new identity he's definitely not 1 time. If anything Errol Spence is more 1 time than Thurman he almost killed Bundu!

Comment

bad style matchup for danny, he's like canelo-lite, he can't fight movers

Comment

Result was clear as day, Danny can't cut off a ring for shhh and when he finally decided to be aggressive he got pot shotted to death. Garcia can't change that and his father isn't a good enough trainer to do it either. Limitations caught up to him and the judges wouldn't gift it to him like they have in the past. They better thank the heavens Thurman's coach asked him to coast, that overhand right was there all night long and went underused late in the fight. Rematch Lamont if you want a rematch.

Comment

They need to run it back people said Leo couldn't beat Frampton in a rematch he took his opportunity and got revenge Danny deserves the same shot.

Comment

Im down for it. First fight was good. Thurman gave away the last rounds god knows why but if he doesnt, another easy win for him. In the first rounds Garcia looked so.lost in there.

Comment

I hope Porter wins because that's the rematch I want to see!

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
                  There's really no need, it was a very clear win...
                  Yes it was, I was so glad gift Garcia finally took an L

Comment

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
                    I'm fine with a rematch. It was a 2 point win over Danny, nothing more. Danny just needs to pull the trigger more, step up his game... do a few unpredictable moves for a change... be less conventional in his style. He's young enough to do this thing right on the 2nd try, but only if he cranks up his game a little.

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
                    Thank you.......Thurman squeaked out a victory nothing more nothing less. They come in here acting like Thurman just thrashed Garcia. I think they just hate his Dad so they find a reason to discredit Garcia.

Oh yeah definitely the hate is heavy for Pops and his big mouth. Too bad Danny has to get hate for it though.

Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
                    I know I agree with everything you said. I think they just had one game plan (going to the body) and when that didnt work they started just waiting on Thurman.

Next time I think Garcia just needs to keep Thurman closer and walk to him and put the pressure on earlier force Thurman back more and let his hands go. I know it's easier said that done but it was disappointing to see the openings there for Danny to take and watch him just continue to wait on Thurmans next moves it allowed Thurman to think and hes already faster than Danny..

I'm pretty sure we will see a different Garcia after he watched himself on tape he realized man I was waiting on Thurman too much and it allowed him to dictate a little more until later in the fight..and so he will start sooner next time and let the hands fly.

I really don't think either man really pushed themselves in the fight after it was over they both seemed to have enough in the tank to go another 3-4 rounds with ease...So apparently they both played it safe to a degree
                    Exactly. Danny has never been an ultra high punch output fighter, but yeah I'm sure he can see his mistakes in the tape, and fix the problems. This isn't some boring repeat rematch some are saying it would be.

Comment

Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
                      Haha I think Danny thought it was 1 time Thurman then realized it's pot shot run time Thurman.

haha I like Thurman too but he needs a new identity he's definitely not 1 time. If anything Errol Spence is more 1 time than Thurman he almost killed Bundu!
                      Yea i said that the other day that thurman needs a new nickname.

His motto is even KOs for life

Comment

Working...
                      X