No announcement yet.

Chavez Jr vs Alfredo Angulo rumored for Fury vs Wilder undercard

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chavez Jr vs Alfredo Angulo rumored for Fury vs Wilder undercard

According ESPN Mexxxxico (link https://www.google.com/amp/www.espn.com.mx/boxeo/nota/_/id/4827800/julio-cesar-chavez-jr-peleara-con-angulo-no-con-maravilla%3fplatform=amp)

Article confirms that Sergio Martinez wants Juilo for November, even tho Chavez Jr is set to face Alfredo Angulo on December 1 in Los Angeles.

a has been versus a never has been. That's more like it. And some posters thought we were gonna see santa Cruz v Russell and tank v mares on the undercard this is as good as it's gonna get and if you're lucky u might get to see an old Cuban knock out a bum lower down the bill

Comment

if this is a plan to attract the mexican-american ppv buyers, it probably wont work as well as they think

chavez went into survival mode vs canelo and angulo is shot, and some fans will know this

mares vs gervonta was a helluva undercard fight touted for this bill

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
        a has been versus a never has been. That's more like it. And some posters thought we were gonna see santa Cruz v Russell and tank v mares on the undercard this is as good as it's gonna get and if you're lucky u might get to see an old Cuban knock out a bum lower down the bill
        You couldn't wait to get on here and throw some Shade at the fight could you ?

Comment

Angulo was shot 5 years ago lol and chavez is a fat slob

Comment

Man, poor angulo man, a few bad decisions and his career went down the drain.

Locked up for a year in immigration detention.

Took the James Kirkland as his first fight back, dropped him and pulled a mike jones and got GOT in the worse way and never been the same.

Comment

Are they trying to get me NOT to buy the fight?

Comment

Wack fight but in LA that will bring in fans since both guys have name in the Mexican community

Comment

But I thought Haymon was going to stack the card doe???

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
                    But I thought Haymon was going to stack the card doe???
                    Which never made any sense. I mean he may still put on names like Hurd and Charlo on the UC, but stacking it? No way, not with the type of guarantees Wilder/Fury will want. You can put a Matthysse vs Garcia on the UC when you know the PPV will be doing 2+ million buys. Not the case here, never made any sense.

As for the fight itself? It is a complete joke. I mean I would take it as a FS1 Sunday night card, but on this stage? Nah, but Chavez Jr has a name so Haymon is banking on it helping it increase the buys.

Comment

Working...
                    X