Feds Seize KickassTorrents Domains, Arrest Owner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i wondered what happened to that site

Comment

I went on to kickass last week and tried to download something and they wanted me to register. In order to register they wanted my credit card info. What's up with that???? No Way!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
        I went on to kickass last week and tried to download something and they wanted me to register. In order to register they wanted my credit card info. What's up with that???? No Way!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by *TonyMontana* View Post
          Laws don't really exist tho
          Yes they do. They are just applied differently to different people (or en****** thanks to citizens united).

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHanz View Post
            It's not stealing though..

Anyway, it's a shame but no big deal, there's still plenty of torrent sites out there to use, including TPB.
            A distinction without a distinction. Making a personal copy for backup is legal. Making a copy of another’s benefit is stealing. At least before the law.

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
              Yeah, you're right.

Given that correction it's going to be even harder for the feds to prove their case against him due to the fact that he just created a file hosting website. Look how long it's taken them to gain any ground in their case against megaupload founder Kim Dotcom. Extradition has a lot to do with how slow that case has been crawling, but it's also a distinct lack of evidence to support the claims of the Feds.

I don't see how any technologically savvy jury would find any of these dudes guilty but, even if they did, the ruling wouldn't do anything to prevent future people from taking up the banner and continuing the fight.

These people are basically putting a band-aid over a gunshot wound and proclaiming a victory.
              Savy juries are hard to come by. Good attorneys will strike those types from the jury. A case like this there will no dummy attorneys on either side.

Comment

LOL billionaires using OUR government to be their private police force.

Comment

Originally posted by Shontae De'marc View Post
                  LOL billionaires using OUR government to be their private police force.
                  That's ultimately always been the destiny of every policing force, to become lapdogs of the wealthy.

Time and time again, history has proven this.

Power and corruption go together like hookers and blow.

Comment

Working...
                  X