Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think about Canelo Fielding fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
    It's bizarre. I was convinced it'd be Lemieux next, which is a credible fight. The Fielding fight will only make sense to me if he faces one of the proper title-holders at 168 afterwards
    Fielding at 168 is just as not risky as Lemieux at 160 IMO. Neither are very good, but at least this is at 168 so that makes Fielding as dangerous. I would view Lemieux at 160 as a no risk easy fight for Canelo. He just got out of a war and earned an easy fight.

No problem with it. No problem is he had picked Lemieux either. Both are easy KOs for Canelo.
    Last edited by Johnny2x2x; 10-06-2018, 10:53 AM.

Comment

It's a stay busy fight, I won't criticize Canelo at all for it. Even though Fielding is a soft touch, Canelo deserves some credit since Fielding is a belt holder in a higher weight class, even if it's just the WBA "Regular" title.

But let's not get carried away and make this fight more than it is.

Comment

I think this 168 division fight (or 161lb Caneloweight Part II division fight) is just about creating options for himself. There is a murderers row at 160. I don't think he wants to nor plans to take on all of them. Letting some of them knock each other off allows him to pick & choose better specifically in the near future. I suspect his name could allow him to keep belts in 2 divisions like Floyd did for awhile at 147 & 154. That allows Canelo to fight half the players at 160 & slow their roll to his belts. The division is already pretty bottle necked so this is just gonna bottle neck it more requiring guys to fight each other to stand out. Solid & smart move by Canelo if thats more or less the plan with this random ass move up in weight vs a non-player in the division.

I can see people just being glad to see Canelo back in the ring so soon regardless of the caliber of opponent & I can't argue with them cuz I get that angle. I'm still not excited for this fight cuz I don't think its a competitive fight. This is a 90/10 type fight to me, although as stated since Canelo just fought a month ago & will be fighting in 2 months I just can't b^tch about it THAT f#cking much.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
          I have no problem with the fight for 4 reasons.

1. This is obviously a tune up for a bigger fight in May.
          Whats the bigger fight in May in your opinion? Or your top 5 list of who it is anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            Whats the bigger fight in May in your opinion? Or your top 5 list of who it is anyway?
            Probably GGG again I assume.

Comment

Originally posted by DaBeastO View Post
              what title? fielding doesn't have a legitimate title.
              Same title GGG got credit for defending 20 times

Comment

It's a good fight, especially considering he just went through a war with GGG. He'll be back in May to fight at 160 after getting another belt in another division.

Comment

It's a shit fight, and I don't care for it.

I was hoping he'd face Charlo or someone worthwhile.

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
                  Same title GGG got credit for defending 20 times
                  Hmmm...I hope those that recognise the defences recognise this as a title in yet another division. We wouldn't want any hypocrisy.

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
                    It's a shit fight, and I don't care for it.

I was hoping he'd face Charlo or someone worthwhile.

Agreed with the bold.

Even a lower level contender at 160 would do before fighting Charlo or some other good fighters. Munguia would be more interesting too. Fielding is meaningless.

I don't get this random move of tuning up at 168 for future middleweight fights. Doesn't make sense. Canelo isn't even a seasoned middleweight champ yet.

Is Canelo really that overweight?

Comment

Working...
                    X