Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chavez Jr vs Alfredo Angulo rumored for Fury vs Wilder undercard

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So we went from 2 good rumored undercard fights to this trash?
    Was gonna buy the PPv 100% with Tank-Mares and GRJ-LSC on it but now it's a definite pass for me. I'll catch the replay on YouTube or some s h I t.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
      Numbers don't lie bro.
      Chavez vs Martinez: 475,000 PPV Buys
      Canelo vs Chavez: 1,000,000 PPV Buys
      Wilder: Zero career PPV Buys
      LOL, but yea its not like you don't got a point.

Chavez is a very sellable name cuz this mfer has been a disappointment Pre-Sergio to many people & Pre-Canelo as well. And I believe Sergio vs JCC Jr is the biggest selling PPV with PPV virgins in the last 20 or so years. And 1M buys is some sh^t only like ~25 Boxing PPV's have reached in its history.

And honestly if this Chavez Jr vs Angulo fight is legit it seems kinda like it has fun fight potential. And Chavez being 2-2 in his last 4 & Angulo being 2-5 in his last 7 don't make it not a potentially fun matchup. I understand its got lil to zero relevancy to people, but a fun fight is a whole other dynamic that I appreciate more than a lot of fans. Hence my enjoyment of potential fights like Molina vs Ortiz that got canceled recently

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        LOL, but yea its not like you don't got a point.

Chavez is a very sellable name cuz this mfer has been a disappointment Pre-Sergio to many people & Pre-Canelo as well. And I believe Sergio vs JCC Jr is the biggest selling PPV with PPV virgins in the last 20 or so years. And 1M buys is some sh^t only like ~25 Boxing PPV's have reached in its history.

And honestly if this Chavez Jr vs Angulo fight is legit it seems kinda like it has fun fight potential. And Chavez being 2-2 in his last 4 & Angulo being 2-5 in his last 7 don't make it not a potentially fun matchup. I understand its got lil to zero relevancy to people, but a fun fight is a whole other dynamic that I appreciate more than a lot of fans. Hence my enjoyment of potential fights like Molina vs Ortiz that got canceled recently
        I agree. If Chavez has to fight somebody it should be a guy on the same level as him. I have no interest in seeing him fight somebody like Benavidez and getting beaten down in a mismatch.

Comment

this is trash Angulo is so washed up it's not even funny. He's coming off back to back losses and 5 losses out of his last 7 fights. And the only 2 wins in that stretch were against unranked club fighters with double digit losses neither of which were even in Boxrec top 500 rankings for their weight classes. He hasn''t had a credible win in like 6 years. And Chavez well....he's Chavez no interest in seeing that clown again.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            Are they trying to get me NOT to buy the fight?

For real, I love an all-Mexican slugfest but this fight is pure garbage.

Comment

If they want that kinda fight, why not do Chavez Jr-Rosado at 170lbs?

Rosado is far less washed up than Angulo (what a statement) and just won a crossroads fight against Tapia. But at 170lbs Chavez Jr would have a nice advantage. You could do the Mexico vs PR angle and everything.

Angulo is too small for 160lbs, let alone the 168+ this fight will surely be at, and hasn't beat a top 100 opponent in like six years. ****ing trash fight.

Comment

Working...
              X