No announcement yet.

43 Press Scores for the Quigg-Salinas Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 43 Press Scores for the Quigg-Salinas Fight

Only on the Boxing News Mag Website http://boxingnewsonline.net/latest/f...boxing-writers

How did you guys have the fight. I was a little Surprised that very little voted for Salinas in what was a very close fight. My full card is on the BN page too, i scored 115-113 Quigg and gave him the last 5 rounds , as did all 3 judges.

Comments Welcome

I had Scott 3 points up, there was a case for 4 imo. This was a classy performance and good game plan from team Quigg it's just a shame the judges took it from him. Really put a dampener on the night....
    One thing though, at least this wasn't another home town decision just a poor call!

Quigg Could have starter earlier but his game plan was sound and so was his execution, again for me Scott's stock goes up. He kept his belt and won it in the ring despite what those cards read. Class fighter, bring on Framps!

Comment

I thought Quigg won the fight by 2-3 points.

He said he had loads in the tank at the end of the fight which is disappointing as he could/should have put together combinations earlier in the fight.

The Cuban was tricky but when Quigg got going he had no answer.

Comment

I had it a draw.

Comment

Like most, I had Quigg winning by 2 points, I can see it being 3 on some cards.

Salinas did very well early on but like so many Cuban pros, he just couldn't maintain the pressure late in the fight, it's not a stamina issue, it's a mental issue with them. They don't like to go to war. I felt bad for Quigg with the draw but in all honesty, if Quigg wants to claim to be champion, he has to rematch Salinas ASAP or fight someone worthy of being labeled world class.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
            Like most, I had Quigg winning by 2 points, I can see it being 3 on some cards.

Salinas did very well early on but like so many Cuban pros, he just couldn't maintain the pressure late in the fight, it's not a stamina issue, it's a mental issue with them. They don't like to go to war. I felt bad for Quigg with the draw but in all honesty, if Quigg wants to claim to be champion, he has to rematch Salinas ASAP or fight someone worthy of being labeled world class.
            I noticed that myself.

I was saying to myself, "What are you doing" when Salinas had a nice lead and was just standing infront of him letting him tee off whilst doing literally nothing.

He really gave that fight away in the second half of the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              I noticed that myself.

I was saying to myself, "What are you doing" when Salinas had a nice lead and was just standing infront of him letting him tee off whilst doing literally nothing.

He really gave that fight away in the second half of the fight.
              yep, Salinas was posing more than he was actually boxing and then kept complaining to the ref at the slightest infringement. Is there something in the psyche of Cuban fighters that stops them form going to war or finishing guys off? Is it because they spend so much time in the amateur system? I think that's a great discussion point, as a larger number of Cubans enter the pro ranks, I think we'll see extremely gifted outside fighters/posers who lack the killer instinct to go to war when necessary.

Comment

I didn't score it but when I was there I thought Quigg would have got the win based on his activity on the later rounds.

Comment

I scored it to Quigg by two, I think, but I could have easily scored it by one to Salinas if I remember correctly.
                  For my own purposes I rarely score a round a draw.
                  I still think there needs to be reform in the scoring system, is this something on your agenda fightscore??

Comment

Working...
                  X