Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adonis Stevenson: Andre Ward is Playing Games, He's Not Retired

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ward teased the possibility of a third fight with Kovalev tonight.

Comment

Unless one retires, he and K should be mandated to fight in 2018.

Comment

Adonis is afraid to face Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by Travycat View Post
          Unless one retires, he and K should be mandated to fight in 2018.
          They were already mandated. Kovalev vacated and refused to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Barristan View Post
            Adonis...the man Kovalev wants no part of
            You gotta be ****ing kidding me. You're about the only person in the world who thinks Adonis Stevenson isn't completely irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Scene View Post
              You gotta be ****ing kidding me. You're about the only person in the world who thinks Adonis Stevenson isn't completely irrelevant.
              If you believe Stevenson avoided Kovalev = You Stupid
              If you believe Stevenson avoided J-Pascal = You Stupid
              If you believe Stevenson avoided Hopkins = You Stupid
              If you believe Stevenson avoided Alvarez = You Stupid
              If you believe Stevenson avoided Ward = You Stupid
              Most boxing fans wants to believe these twisted versions, which paints the 5 years lineal champion as the one failing all the negociations.
              The problem is, most fans knew Hopkins swaped boat from Showtime to HBO at the very moment he was in negotiation to fight Stevenson on Showtime.
              The fans knew Jean Pascal was mandatory to Stevenson, and Pascal went to Kovalev with the WBC diamond belt, because Stevenson didn't agree to give him a better purse cut than 30%.
              The fans knew Kovalev signed his 1st deal with HBO right AFTER Stevenson signed a more lucrative deal with Showtime to persue Hopkins. The fans knew Kovalev was mandatory to Stevenson when he won the WBC diamond belt after beating Jean Pascal. But also, fans knew Kovalev had no HBO contract when he rejected the 1st WBC purse bid to fight Stevenson. Fans knew Kovalev also rejected the 2nd purse bid when his contract was renewed with HBO. I mean, people didn't realize Kovalev rejected 4 purse bids in total before being stripped from his WBC Diamond belt.

Since Stevenson team realized K.Duva was rejecting every purse bid attempts, Stevenson clan tried to set a 2 network deal to help the negotiation process between both parties. Which was once again, rejected by Kathy Duva.
              Fans knew Stevenson made another confrontation attempt, by forcing Kovalev to make a Live face-to-face on HBO, and Kovalev fled his own interview. Leaving Max Kellerman and Stevenson standing still with the mic and cameras.

The fans knew Alvarez claimed he wasn't ready to fight Stevenson when he won the WBC Silver belt after defeating Chilemba. At the time Kovalev was still the mandatory challenger with WBC Diamond belt. The fans knew Alvarez trainer claimed they needed to fight more southpoles to get ready to fight Stevenson. Alvarez fought southpoles R. Berridge 07/2016 and fought L. Bute 02/2017, then he finally claimed he was ready for Stevenson. For media exposure, Alvarez fought Jean Pascal and defeated him. But in facts it's been only a year since Alvarez team says they were ready for Stevenson, even if he rather take step aside money instead of trying to become a WBC champion.
              Fans knew Andre Ward was one fight away to become Undisputed, but Ward played everybody with his heavyweight statements. He removed the attention from the logical path of fighting an available Stevenson, to add the most significant belt to his collection. Fans noticed that Ward and Hunter were putting a lot of effort in avoiding saying the name of Stevenson in public, fans knew Ward body weight was stuck at 183Lbs, fans knew Ward tried to fight an Eddie Hearn guy "Frank Buglioni" to milk his titles, fans knew he wasn't really aiming to fight Tony Bellew. Fans couldn't believe Ward retired to avoid Stevenson. This weird feeling couldn't be right in most fans head, fans knew the truth, but couldn't accept it. And now, 5 months after claiming his body couldn't maintain with the rigor of the sport, Ward's suddenly okay to come back. (5 months)...
              Even if he now claim his body weight is at 195Lbs, the LHW division is too strong for him, and Ward will go back to SMW challenging GGG or Canelo.
              Ward will never fight at heavyweight or cruiseweight, and as Hopkins and Kovalev, Ward ducked Adonis Stevenson, but by way of retirement.
              Fans already knew all this...

But it all started when (ESPN Dan Rafael) “which plead allegiance to HBO”, started his “duck campaign” against Stevenson right after Stevenson accepted the Showtime deal. At the time, the other boxing medias followed, occasionally fans followed, Kovalev-Hopkins-J.Pascal-Ward had it easy to point their finger on Stevenson, reversing every blame on him. Harcore fans followed the bias popular opinion, and now, it’s just mentally hard for common fans to accept the truth, that Stevenson is the most feared Champion from the division.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Scene View Post
                Boxing nerds on the internet like to pretend that's the case, but in the real world, Stevenson is more popular than Kovalev, sells more tickets than Kovalev, makes more money than Kovalev, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
                  Wards just attention whoring as always and we all know what Stevenson is...
                  Correct!

Btw - I do not believe that Ward is retired either; just a touch of the David Hayes i.e. juice up without worrying about random drug testing and will make a "comeback" at a heavier weight. I'm sure his friend Mr "once a cheater always a cheater" Conte can help him out here . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post
                    Correct!

Btw - I do not believe that Ward is retired either; just a touch of the David Hayes i.e. juice up without worrying about random drug testing and will make a "comeback" at a heavier weight. I'm sure his friend Mr "once a cheater always a cheater" Conte can help him out here . . . .
                    The only reason Ward retired is because HBO didn’t offer him the new deal that he wanted. All he cares about is money. What a great Christian����
                    Last edited by RJJ-94-02=GOAT; 02-25-2018, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
                      Don't think he struggled in the second fight, low blow or not. He was fighting at a much higher tempo in the second fight and Kovalev couldn't handle it. He was already gassed in four rounds in the second fight and Ward was just coming on strong.

His retirement strategy, I wouldn't worry about that if I were you.

Ward thinks he can pull the Mayweather but he can't. Their bodies are not made the same.

Mayweather could retire for two years and comeback like looking like he just fought 3 months ago.

Ward took 3 or 4 fights to be ready for Kovalev and he still wasn't even ready.

It took him time to adjust to Kovalev's elite speed and power in the first fight and he himself didn't look as fast and explosive as he was before the lay off.

It was only in their second fight that you could see the old Ward coming to the fore. His speed, his timing, his energy, his movement, everything was on point in the second fight.

If it takes him that long however to get back in top gear then this retirement strategy of his will get him beat badly.

He actually should have stayed active coz then he would have gotten better and with every fight.

Won't be surprised however if he loses his next fight, this strategy will definitely backfire IMO.
                      comment is real bru...
                      if someone beats ward they wont get any credit yet ppl keep him relevant..his fans will say well ward was only a part time boxer blah blah blah blah you know.

Comment

Working...
                      X