Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Thurman Wouldn't Have Much of a Chance Against Crawford

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't see Crawford losing to anyone until he goes up to 154. Brook was handling Spence for at least 7 rounds before that body work and size wore him down. Bud might KO him. Thurman bounces around then attacks. Predictable. Bud will walk him down, stifle that bad elbow and finish him late.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetPbfAli View Post
      And telegraphed. It's amazing how much he does it and gets away with it for a fighter at his level.
      It's funny how many people on this site haven't ever boxed.

Keith doesn't really telegraph, it's a bit of a feint he does. He's chopping up his timing.

I've sparred Keith and that's how I interpreted it. He'd look like he was going to throw a straight right but he just doesn't throw it when you think he's going to throw it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
        Garcia I agree with, but how is a win over Shawn Porter levels beyond Gamboa or Postol.
        Porter was the bigger stronger fighter. Porter started as a MW and is now a WW. Gamboa is skilled but way too small for Crawford.

Comment

Originally posted by ceylon mooney View Post
          i hate it but i totally agree with bob here. thurman be no problem for bud.
          You have a problem seeing the reality....it would be a good fight but to say it would be no problem for Bud is asinine. Thurman has skills & has a good head on his shoulders in & out the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            he really wasnt...he countered khan ok who doesnt? rod salka? other fighs like peterson and herrera he couldnt do much. crawford is much more advanced. he took apart felix diaz who easily beat peterson and im sure diaz would beat garcia as well. he did so because he knew what diaz was doing and exploited it. just like he knew what postol was doing. thurman is a pattern fighter and once crawford figures out what that is...its probably over. thurmans never really adjusted in fights. thats why against porter it was nip and tuck the whole way and against garcia, even slow garcia came on strong last 3-4 roudns when thurman kept doing the same thing it was just too late
            What Thurman v Garcia fight did you watch? Thurman changed up his gameplan after the 4th round.

Comment

Originally posted by KayDub View Post
              It's funny how many people on this site haven't ever boxed.

Keith doesn't really telegraph, it's a bit of a feint he does. He's chopping up his timing.

I've sparred Keith and that's how I interpreted it. He'd look like he was going to throw a straight right but he just doesn't throw it when you think he's going to throw it.
              You sparred with Keith?!? If you did, that's awesome! Wish I could.

Comment

I remember when this potential match up was brought up months ago. I'd still favor Bud to beat Thurman since I last posted about this.

Originally posted by North Star View Post
                I like Thurman, have been a fan of his for a long time. But I actually think stylistically, Crawford is a nightmare for him. The best way to beat Crawford is to spark him out early. He can be hit flush early, but he has a good chin. He can be knocked down, but he will get up and get meaner. Once that early window closes, it's Bud time until he either stops you or the final bell rings. I'd favor Crawford over Thurman if the fight were made tomorrow TBH.

Comment

and floyd got rocked vs corley. it happens. crawford made adjustements and destroyed him. difference is gamboa was one of the best fighters in boxing and corely was just a fringe contender. if thurman can knock out crawford then so be it but crawford is going to adjust to what thurman offers and i dont see thurman doing the same when crawford starts finding the holes. he might fight harder but not smarter. and thurman is not technically good at all...
                  I'm not saying Thurman beats Crawford, im simply saying that Thurman has a chance, even a good chance I would say and to suggest otherwise is stupid.

Both are intelligent fighters so I wouldn't see it being a one sided-beating either way.

Comment

he really wasnt...he countered khan ok who doesnt? rod salka? other fighs like peterson and herrera he couldnt do much. crawford is much more advanced. he took apart felix diaz who easily beat peterson and im sure diaz would beat garcia as well. he did so because he knew what diaz was doing and exploited it. just like he knew what postol was doing. thurman is a pattern fighter and once crawford figures out what that is...its probably over. thurmans never really adjusted in fights. thats why against porter it was nip and tuck the whole way and against garcia, even slow garcia came on strong last 3-4 roudns when thurman kept doing the same thing it was just too late
                    That's pretty much how I see it too.

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
                      Crawford is the quicker fighter and a little more versatile but Thurman is huge and can box. He's not slow as Postol or Indongo and definitely not a mini fighter like Gamboa. People forget Gamboa was doing very well against Crawford for quite a few rounds. The same Gamboa that looked like crap one fight before Crawford and no better since. Crawford has a lot to prove at WW before making those kinds of claims against the top guy in the division.
                      I think Bud ruined whatever was left of Gamboa that night. He beat him up pretty bad until the stoppage, early scare or not.

The thing with Thurman is, he rarely throws combinations. Pot-shotting is not the way to go versus Crawford. Thurman has been a back foot fighter for a minute now and hardly applies pressure. This is a bad style match up for Thurman IMO. Bud does everything better. The only question I have is if Bud can bring up his power to 147. If he does, nobody short of Spence will be an even fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X