Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has all the tickets been sold for WILDER VS ORTIZ??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
    How many does the place hold? I can understand not selling most the bums he's fought before but I thought Americans view of Ortiz was that was decent?
    Capacity is 19,000, but with less than 1,500 tickets remaining, I'm going to guess that the venue wasn't configured for the full 19,000.

Ortiz is not a big star. To give a comparison, he has 80,000 instagram followers. Wilder has 617,000.

The boxing nerds know Ortiz is dangerous, but he's mainly been an undercard fighter. Which is why nobody has wanted to fight him. Probably the highest risk/lowest reward fighter in the division.

The only reason this fight is happening is because Wilder is so desperate for a signature win. This fight makes zero business sense for him and if he gets knocked out, he should feel like an idiot for not playing it safe until it was time to cash out against Joshua.

But, from a pure sporting perspective, it's very refreshing that this fight is happening. You very very rarely see a heavyweight champion make a voluntary defense against such a dangerous opponent with such little name value.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
      Wilder asking for 50% is like a car dealer pricing a car at 5x it's worth, nobody is going to bother negotiating because it's ridiculous.
      50/50 for AJ-Wilder is no more ridiculous than 60/40 for AJ-Parker. And Parker's initial stance was 50/50, before issuing an ultimatum at 60/40.

Why not just admit you're a fanboy that believes everything Hearn tells you? Why pretend to have any concept of how multimillion dollar negotiations work?

Honest question, what is the biggest negotiation you've been a part of? If you haven't been a part of multimillion dollar negotiations, why would you act like you have any idea how this stuff works?

Wilder also said "50/50 or no fight" that's not negotiating, that's an ultimatum.
      And Parker said 60/40 or no fight. Guess what happened? They're fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
        50/50 for AJ-Wilder is no more ridiculous than 60/40 for AJ-Parker. And Parker's initial stance was 50/50, before issuing an ultimatum at 60/40.

Why not just admit you're a fanboy that believes everything Hearn tells you? Why pretend to have any concept of how multimillion dollar negotiations work?

Honest question, what is the biggest negotiation you've been a part of? If you haven't been a part of multimillion dollar negotiations, why would you act like you have any idea how this stuff works?

And Parker said 60/40 or no fight. Guess what happened? They're fighting.
        You don't have to have been a part of multi million negotiations to know how negotiations work.

YOU DON'T ASK FOR WAY MORE THAN THE WORTH
        YOU DON'T GIVE ULTIMATUMS ON THE FIRST OFFER WHICH IS WAY MORE THAN THE WORTH
        Last edited by Robbie Barrett; 02-25-2018, 02:13 AM.

Comment

You don't have to have been a part of multi million negotiations to know how negotiations work.
          Why are you so confident that you know how multimillion dollar negotiations work when you've never been a part of them and are just a nerd on the internet believing everything the promoter of your favorite fighter is telling you?

YOU DON'T ASK FOR WAY MORE THAN THE WORTH
          How would you know?

YOU DON'T GIVE ULTIMATUMS ON THE FIRST OFFER WHICH IS WAY MORE THAN THE WORTH
          How would you know?

Comment

Why are you so confident that you know how multimillion dollar negotiations work when you've never been a part of them and are just a nerd on the internet believing everything the promoter of your favorite fighter is telling you?

How would you know?

How would you know?
            How would you know? Is that all you got?

I could flip this and say how can you defend the negotiations if you've never been part of a multimillion dollar negotiation.

Negotiations are negotiations. Doesn't matter if it's 10 thousand or 10 million. The same rules apply.

Comment

How would you know? Is that all you got?
              It's a valid question. What knowledge, experience, education or insight do you have on the subject? You're making authoritative declarations about an area you have no expertise in.

I could flip this and say how can you defend the negotiations if you've never been part of a multimillion dollar negotiation.
              And that would be a valid question. But I have been a part of multimillion dollar negotiations many times, including specifically in combat sports. Which is why I keep rolling my eyes every time you get hung up on 50-50. Parker's initial position was 50-50. The fight still happened. Hearn's initial position was 80-20. The fight still happened. Parker's side repeatedly said 60/40 or no fight. The fight still happened. If Parker got a third, despite having the least valuable belt and coming from a very tiny country with little economic upside, Wilder getting 40% is realistic considering he has the most valuable belt and comes from a very large country with huge economic upside.

And if Wilder is hopeful of 40%, he has no choice but to very strongly insist it's 50/50 or no fight. If he comes in any lower than 50%, ending up with 40% becomes impossible. Hearn is going to demand 70/30. They're not even in negotiations yet. So if Wilder is asked about the fight, he must posture strong on 50/50. It's all a game. Stop taking it so seriously.

Negotiations are negotiations. Doesn't matter if it's 10 thousand or 10 million. The same rules apply.
              #1 - You're wrong. #2 - How would you know?

The more at stake, the more each percentage is worth, the more dancing there will be.

If you've never been involved in a negotiation with more than 10,000 involved, why are you so convinced that you know exactly how things work when 10 million is at stake? Don't you see how silly that makes you look? It's one thing to have an opinion. It's another to be so convinced about something you know so little about.

I have no experience roasting a pig. I have microwaved leftover pizza. Both are technically cooking, but I'm not an idiot, so I wouldn't automatically assume I'm an expert on roasting a pig even though I've never done it just because I've microwaved leftover pizza.

This is what you always do. For some strange reason, you're so delusional that you constantly convince yourself that you're an expert on things that you simultaneously admit you know nothing about. It's fascinating really.

Comment

It's a valid question. What knowledge, experience, education or insight do you have on the subject? You're making authoritative declarations about an area you have no expertise in.

And that would be a valid question. But I have been a part of multimillion dollar negotiations many times, including specifically in combat sports. Which is why I keep rolling my eyes every time you get hung up on 50-50. Parker's initial position was 50-50. The fight still happened. Hearn's initial position was 80-20. The fight still happened. Parker's side repeatedly said 60/40 or no fight. The fight still happened. If Parker got a third, despite having the least valuable belt and coming from a very tiny country with little economic upside, Wilder getting 40% is realistic considering he has the most valuable belt and comes from a very large country with huge economic upside.

And if Wilder is hopeful of 40%, he has no choice but to very strongly insist it's 50/50 or no fight. If he comes in any lower than 50%, ending up with 40% becomes impossible. Hearn is going to demand 70/30. They're not even in negotiations yet. So if Wilder is asked about the fight, he must posture strong on 50/50. It's all a game. Stop taking it so seriously.

#1 - You're wrong. #2 - How would you know?

The more at stake, the more each percentage is worth, the more dancing there will be.

If you've never been involved in a negotiation with more than 10,000 involved, why are you so convinced that you know exactly how things work when 10 million is at stake? Don't you see how silly that makes you look? It's one thing to have an opinion. It's another to be so convinced about something you know so little about.

I have no experience roasting a pig. I have microwaved leftover pizza. Both are technically cooking, but I'm not an idiot, so I wouldn't automatically assume I'm an expert on roasting a pig even though I've never done it just because I've microwaved leftover pizza.

This is what you always do. For some strange reason, you're so delusional that you constantly convince yourself that you're an expert on things that you simultaneously admit you know nothing about. It's fascinating really.
                No you haven't. Nobody believes your bull****. Just stop it.

Wilder priced himself out with a ridiculous ultimatum. That's all their is to it. Ultimatums are a sign that that's you final offer and aren't going to budge.

Should i pretend to be an expert and have negotiated multimillion dollar deals like you are pretending.?

Comment

No you haven't.
                  Can be very easily proven if you make it worth my while. Put your money where your mouth is and I'll be happy to provide proof of countless 7 figure deals I've negotiated over the years.

Wilder priced himself out with a ridiculous ultimatum.
                  False. You've been brainwashed into believing that by your favorite fighter's promoter so they can stall without their fans turning on them. The truth is that Hearn didn't want the fight yet, because the fight will be worth so much more later. Haymon & Finkel agreed the fight would be worth so much more later, so they agreed to revisit the fight later.

Over and over and over you are dead wrong, but absolutely convinced you are right even though you admittedly have no way of knowing what's true.

That's all their is to it. Ultimatums are a sign that that's you final offer and aren't going to budge.
                  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE SO ****ING WRONG I CAN'T EVEN BELIEVE YOU'RE THIS STUPID. Seriously. I try to hard not to call you stupid, but you just make it absolutely impossible. Nobody believes 50/50 is Wilder's final offer except for you and other AJ fanboys being manipulated by Hearn.

Stop it. Just stop it. Enjoy being a fan and stop pretending you know a single ****ing thing about business. You're humiliating yourself at this point.

Should i pretend to be an expert and have negotiated multimillion dollar deals like you are pretending.?
                  If you really believe I'm pretending, you should be very eager to place a large wager on it. I beg of you. Put your money where your mouth is. You'll find out exactly who I am. You'll find out exactly who my friends are. You'll find out exactly who I've worked for. I can make you a very wealthy man if you are right. So if you truly believe what you're saying, let's go all in and show our cards.

Comment

Can be very easily proven if you make it worth my while. Put your money where your mouth is and I'll be happy to provide proof of countless 7 figure deals I've negotiated over the years.

False. You've been brainwashed into believing that by your favorite fighter's promoter so they can stall without their fans turning on them. The truth is that Hearn didn't want the fight yet, because the fight will be worth so much more later. Haymon & Finkel agreed the fight would be worth so much more later, so they agreed to revisit the fight later.

Over and over and over you are dead wrong, but absolutely convinced you are right even though you admittedly have no way of knowing what's true.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE SO ****ING WRONG I CAN'T EVEN BELIEVE YOU'RE THIS STUPID. Seriously. I try to hard not to call you stupid, but you just make it absolutely impossible. Nobody believes 50/50 is Wilder's final offer except for you and other AJ fanboys being manipulated by Hearn.

Stop it. Just stop it. Enjoy being a fan and stop pretending you know a single ****ing thing about business. You're humiliating yourself at this point.

If you really believe I'm pretending, you should be very eager to place a large wager on it. I beg of you. Put your money where your mouth is. You'll find out exactly who I am. You'll find out exactly who my friends are. You'll find out exactly who I've worked for. I can make you a very wealthy man if you are right. So if you truly believe what you're saying, let's go all in and show our cards.
                    You want me to pay you to back up your claims? What backwards world do you live in? You can claim to be whatever you want on the net, without the evidence to back it up it doesn't mean ****.

Ultimatums are a sign that it's the final offer. Everyone knows this. Wilder didn't want the fight. Maybe he will in future.

Comment

You want me to pay you to back up your claims?
                      No. I want you to back up YOUR claims. Your claim is that I'm lying. I say we bet and find out who is telling the truth. If you really believe what you're saying, you should be very very eager to take my money.

What backwards world do you live in? You can claim to be whatever you want on the net
                      Very true. So let's place a large wager and find out who is telling the truth. If you're so convinced that I'm lying, you should be very eager to accept this offer.

Ultimatums are a sign that it's the final offer.
                      How would you know?

Everyone knows this.
                      Who is everyone?

Wilder didn't want the fight.
                      You're lying. Hearn didn't want the fight. Yet. We'll see if he wants it in the future. Wilder wanted it ASAP. Hearn correctly believed that it would be a poor business decision for AJ to rush into the most dangerous fight, especially when the most dangerous fight would be worth so much more with another 6-12 months of build.

Comment

Working...
                      X