Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sor Rungvisai Decisions a Very Determined Juan Francisco Estrada

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Barristan View Post
    Sor fights without a jab....its crazy, especially from a southpaw. Estrada clearly won the fight...everyone swayed by dumb ass HBO commentators smh
    Fought without a jab, and still beat Estrada

Imagine if he learns to use it

Comment

• Originally posted by Barristan View Post
      Sor fights without a jab....its crazy, especially from a southpaw. Estrada clearly won the fight...everyone swayed by dumb ass HBO commentators smh
      Are you kidding me? Max was sucking Estrada's cawk all night while he got tagged by straight lefts. you are the one brain washed

Comment

• Fight was a draw

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          I had him winning 5 personally, but I thought AT LEAST 2 were close & I believe I said that during my scoring. So I get the 117-111 score. I'm quick to dog crazy scorecards, but I don't see this as one. Too many close rounds to complain here.

I think people get caught up in seeing 115-113 (2pts apart) & 117-111 (6pts apart) & don't realize those 4 points difference are created by two rounds being scored differently.
          I agree it was a very close fight with a lot of subjective rounds but I think Estrada was outboxing SRR in at least 4 or 5 rounds. I just can’t see a 9-3 situation, I’d struggle to see 8-4 tbh, 7-5 either way or a draw depending which way you score the swing rounds is fair IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strategic1 View Post
            Like to see Nietes in there.. Cuadras and Chocolatito need a break from the spotlight.

Nietes vs Higa
            Arroyo vs Yafai
            Estrada vs Rungvisai 2
            That would be badass as well, would love to see Nietes again. Higa has to make a successful defense in April and then you have to try to get him out of Japan, but that would be awesome if they can do it. They might default to Dalakian though, since he just won the belt on the undercard. Lots of good potential mixes and matches though, but gotta have SSR/Gallo 2 as the main event

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              I had him winning 5 personally, but I thought AT LEAST 2 were close & I believe I said that during my scoring. So I get the 117-111 score. I'm quick to dog crazy scorecards, but I don't see this as one. Too many close rounds to complain here.

I think people get caught up in seeing 115-113 (2pts apart) & 117-111 (6pts apart) & don't realize those 4 points difference are created by two rounds being scored differently.
              That fight was close but IMO it was a clear win for SSR. 117-111 means that Estrada won only 3 rounds. The Arroyo lost to Roman he was competitive but didn't win rounds. That was not the case here

Comment

• Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                WoW!! what do they see in the Thai?! I mean Estrada landed the more meaningful cleaner punches, I think even compubox had him up in the power stats! all Rungvisai needs to win on these judges scores is land one solid punch, meanwhile Estrada is giving him angles, counter-punching, movement and even out-brawling him in the end!

Unbelievable ignorance and a lack of appreciation for the science of boxing.
                Yeah except boxing is a round by round scoring system and Estrada didn't do that every round. He came on the last 4 or 5 strong but he got handled a bit 3-7

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  P4P = Skills + Resume.

Sor Rungvisai's resume is an 8 but his actual skills are like a 6. He looks clumsy in there even though he is very effective due to his size.

It's not how graceful you are it's how effective you are. Rungvisai was throwing feints, setting traps, and constantly countering.

Comment

• No Losers tonight. Really dont like what I heard from Estrada's corner. Everytime HBO let us hear what they were saying, it was some pointless and non-useful advice.

As a Thai person, I wanted Sri to win, but I also really like Estrada's boxing style and technique and actually prefer it compared to Sri's brawler style. But goddamn Estrada is always a little too patient. At many times during the fight I found myself just focusing on Estrada and waiting for him to throw some combos, but he seldom did and when he did, it was too late. That could've def been closer fight. I believe if Estrada has a new trainer, he could be even better than he already is. He could also use a couple more punches in his arsenal.

I also hope to see Sri use/develop his jab more as well, that could be a huge game changer if he starts throwing that with frequency. But when you punch that hard, its hard not to lead with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
                      Lulz uber sensitive woman are we. The crowd is filled with no class Mexicans, your vageen is bleeding because you know its true.
                      It was a close fight and the hometown crowd didn't like the result. I don't think that makes them low class?

Comment

Working...
                      X