Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recent examples of 1st world military coups or coups stopped by the armed populace.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
    I for one fully believe my AR-15 is suitable for preventing government controlled drone bombs from killing me

And don't worry about tanks either I'll go all Tiananmen Square on them b1tches and then what will they do
    If you make a pick-em, I'm taking the tank by KO, and using my multiplier

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
      You're crazy if you think the US Military would engage in warfare against the general population. At least half would immediately defect. We're talking generals, bases, you name it. They're not going to fight their own families for globalism and ****holer rights.
      It wouldn't even be financially viable. Many of the same people who think the US government would crush armed American civilians are the same people who count Vietnam & Iraq as "losses" due to US inability to subdue those populations without endangering the US economy. Turn that into a self-eating organism that cut's off it's own funding and as you say very high-ranking officials defecting to the resistance... The US is in a very good position in this regard.

I do believe ethnic/ideological civil war remains a far greater threat. Very few examples of states/empires going through the extreme transformation we are currently going through without a wave of separatist movements.
      Last edited by ////; 02-19-2018, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
        I for one fully believe my AR-15 is suitable for preventing government controlled drone bombs from killing me

And don't worry about tanks either I'll go all Tiananmen Square on them b1tches and then what will they do
        This is not how wars are fought. I could see a dumb liberal sitting on their roof taking potshots at drones while trying to figure out which way the cartridge goes into the magazine...

Right-wing militia studs would be using their AR-15s to raid key targets and acquire their own drones & surveillance tech... Even starving third-world resistance movements have shown an impressive ability to do this once they're armed with basic infantry weapons, and American civilians would have nearly free access to the driving force of the US military (private tech contractors).

Just a hypothetical fantasy scenario of course.
        Last edited by ////; 02-19-2018, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Furthermore a reminder that the "extreme mass killing epidemic we are all gonna die! Please take our rights!" stuff is a media racket designed to pump ratings and create more copycat shooters.

There is no epidemic. Gun deaths are way down. What's really changed? 3/4 of CNN's viewership is foreign. They make their money making the US look like a circus and their coverage priorities, scapegoating of any unique political traits we possess reflects that. Stop thinking in pure political terms and research the business interests of these companies.

Countries with higher firearm ownership have a lower homicide rate because both are outcomes of greater social stability:

US hasn't differed significantly from other developed countries in mass shooting events in recent years (although the European rate has soared due to Afro-Islamic invasion and inheriting their religious extremism):

Firearm homicides have decreased dramatically while number of firearms in circulation has increased:

Anti-gun zombie responses:

"SO YOU CELEBRATE DEAD CHILDREN? PEOPLE ARE DYIN OUT THERE!"

"What will you do if ur up against an F-117 nighthawk and all u gots is ur ar15?"
          Last edited by ////; 02-19-2018, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
            Anyone trying to argue that US civilians could stop the full full force of US military is flat out ******ed. Which is a good enough reason to take their guns.
            It isn't about who would win or lose. Its the damage that would have to be done to win. The cost in lives,money and the psychological damage. And that damage would be done on US soil, not some third world country. We actually have a real world example to look at with the US Civil War. To this day, roughly half of all American casualties in wars are from the Civil War. Which leads me to my next point. People act as if it would be just a bunch of rednecks pulling up in their pickup trucks, yelling woohoo and getting mowed down by the military. If **** got that real you would see plenty of National Guard and other military personnel step up and organize people. Again we have a real world example of this with the US Civil War.

I honestly can't even believe people doubt the psychological power that comes with a well armed populace. It isn't the only thing that helps keep government at least somewhat honest, but it is a big part of the equation.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
              It's only the rednecks with their rifles that are preventing the coup. **** would go down if those yokels weren't there to defend everyone. All this disarmament talk is obviously a conspiracy so the government (that you all voted in) can take full control, they just can't do it yet cause the jets and the tanks are no match for Cletus and his hunting rifle.
              Anyone trying to argue that US civilians could stop the full full force of US military is flat out ******ed. Which is a good enough reason to take their guns.

Those jets and tanks really helped Americans win against the Vietnamese during the 1960's. Oh wait, we pulled out and lost that war despite having jets, tanks, and helicopters, while the Vietnamese red neck equivalents had hunting rifles.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
                It isn't about who would win or lose. Its the damage that would have to be done to win. The cost in lives,money and the psychological damage. And that damage would be done on US soil, not some third world country. We actually have a real world example to look at with the US Civil War. To this day, roughly half of all American casualties in wars are from the Civil War. Which leads me to my next point. People act as if it would be just a bunch of rednecks pulling up in their pickup trucks, yelling woohoo and getting mowed down by the military. If **** got that real you would see plenty of National Guard and other military personnel step up and organize people. Again we have a real world example of this with the US Civil War.

I honestly can't even believe people doubt the psychological power that comes with a well armed populace. It isn't the only thing that helps keep government at least somewhat honest, but it is a big part of the equation.

Exactly, they think because their country in Europe is filled with pansies who'd piss their pants at the first sight of government intervention that the same would happen in the USA.

People here would organize, ransack munitions depots in order to add heavier artillery. It would turn into guerrilla warfare where tanks and jets wont be enough to get the job done, just like they weren't enough in Vietnam.

Comment

What? Those numbers include the Iraqi army. Are you trying to claim Texans have better weapons than the Iraqi Army? Do Texans have tanks, RPGs, mortars?

Are you going to hide among the innocent that want no part like cowards?
                  If Texas decided to rebel, the military bases, munition depots, and everything else having to do with artillery on Texas soil would be confiscated immediately. The US military would be facing a state more capable of defending itself than 95% of the countries in the world.

Comment

Half the mfers in here avoiding the mfing question which tells the answer. Everyone knows the answer & everyone knows the military can be manipulated into a lot of sketchy things. I'm a little disturbed some of you are so brainwashed you think the military WOULDN'T kill US citizens (or w/e country) if the right angle was used to get them to do so. Sure some cats would AWOL, but if the stakes were this high they'd probably be shot in the back of the head as they were escaping the base.

Comment

It's not just the military that the populace might have to defend themselves against.

Look at Mexico...firearms are outlawed so gun-toting drug cartels moved in and now they do whatever they want to the people there.

Comment

Working...
                      X