Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did anyone else think Eubank was knocked down?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, the early one definitely looked like a KD but I can see how the ref would let it go. One of those that are hard to see and be definitive about it, but I think it was a KD.

Comment

Groves hit Eubank with hard, clean shots all night. He stiffened Eubanks legs 5-6 times and it was a legit KD in the third (or second) round. Eubank took the knee but the referee was blindsided.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post

Great find, clear KD.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
          Great find, clear KD.
          Clear knockdown. There were a couple others that I think were also legit. I think Eubank is finished at top level. Once a chin is cracked like that, he’s going down the next time he is hit by a puncher. I’ve seen it happen to Leonard, Hopkins, Bradley, Porter, Jermain Taylor, Sam Peter...the list goes on. Sorry to say but this is it for him. The Eubanks were humble in defeat though, I’ll give them that

Comment

That punk was definitely dropped at least two times and the ref gave him the BREAKS OF A LIFETIME. Dunno whether Eubank is that bad or Groves was that underrated but that fight was about as one-sided as it gets and those scores were atrocious.

Comment

My initial impression was that it was a KD that the ref was unsure of (maybe thought it was a trip) so he let it go because Eubank didn't see too hurt.

Comment

I cant stand Eubank, but he was humble i respect that today. Great fight, Groves dominated it to me though, but Eubank put up a great fight.

Comment

Originally posted by megh50 View Post
                  Clear knockdown. There were a couple others that I think were also legit. I think Eubank is finished at top level. Once a chin is cracked like that, he’s going down the next time he is hit by a puncher. I’ve seen it happen to Leonard, Hopkins, Bradley, Porter, Jermain Taylor, Sam Peter...the list goes on. Sorry to say but this is it for him. The Eubanks were humble in defeat though, I’ll give them that
                  ... Eubank is finished at top level?... he didn't even start to be top level...

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                  That punk was definitely dropped at least two times and the ref gave him the BREAKS OF A LIFETIME. Dunno whether Eubank is that bad or Groves was that underrated but that fight was about as one-sided as it gets and those scores were atrocious.
                  ... Michael Alexander had full hands in refereeing the fight -- Groves held a lot, smothered a lot...

Comment

Saw it in slow-mo, his knee hit the canvas

Comment

I thought one of those falls was a knockdown. I saw Eubank Jr get hit & his knee just get dropped down enough for it to touch the ground from the view I had of it. I would say the ref was pretty sh^t so not surprised.

I thought the ref was breaking up the inside action too quick (very Kenny Bayless in a Floyd fight-like) + let Groves get away with a ton of holding which he seemed to rarely if ever get warned about or have a point taken. I am a big proponent of shutting down holding doe & feel its excessive if its happening at all so take that for what its worth. For me I feel like that holding bs should be saved for MMA.

But yea he missed a few things as far as I'm concerned so not shocked he missed calling a KD too.

Comment

Working...
                      X