Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Beltran: Pacquiao Would 'Destroy Anybody' at 140; Horn Too Big

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by madsweeney View Post
    They act like Pac 1 punch KTFO those guys. In each fight mentioned he landed 800+ punches for ****s sake. None of them would take that many punches from a legit WW puncher. He had pop at 147 but as most of them have said, it wasn't how hard he hit, it was the volume and unexpectedness that hurt them.
    Exactly. It was the volume punching that eventually broke them down. Sure, Pacquiao can crack and more so under 147 but his volume punching is what overwhelms his opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
      Well Pac would be the same, he would just have to lose 7 more pounds for the weigh in.

Pac is not a welterweight, never was.
      Even at 130 he would gain 15-16 pounds on fight night..He isnt as small as ya'll try to make him out to be

Comment

Originally posted by larry mustafa View Post
        Even at 130 he would gain 15-16 pounds on fight night..He isnt as small as ya'll try to make him out to be
        he's still not a WW.. at ww, he gains 1-5lbs max. while the other ww rehydrate up to 10+lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
          he's still not a WW.. at ww, he gains 1-5lbs max. while the other ww rehydrate up to 10+lbs.
          I don't think Manny can make 140 and be strong and effective man.

Comment

Originally posted by larry mustafa View Post
            I don't think Manny can make 140 and be strong and effective man.
            he just fought at 144 not to long ago, he's not that big. he was 143 at the weigh in, 140 is not impossible. i believe he can still be effective at 140, might even perform better than at 147. at 135, no chance.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
              blood testing was brought up in 09-10, pac was still destroying fools during this time frame. aside from cotto, when he fought mosley and marg, blood testing has been brought up already and he was still destroying fools. you act like a mofo cant get old.
              ZERO stoppages since 09-10.

ZERO.

Made Oscar QUIT.
              Brutally 1 punch KOed Hatton.....

Then OST was suggested......he ducked......

ZERO stoppages since.

FAACCCTTTOOOO

Comment

I have tried drugs before, and then I realized it’s not good for the body. I accept it, I cannot deny it, that was before, and that’s [why] I strongly support the president, that he fights illegal drugs,” he said. The drugs included methamphetamine, locally known as shabu, marijuana and cocaine. Pacquiao said he used them “for years” but it was when he was a teenager and before he “became a champion”.

- Manny Pacquiao 2016
                http://globalnews.ca/news/2971958/bo...rug-crackdown/

METH is a banned PED AND Manny admitted he used it early on in his professional career on his way to becoming champion.

Comment

Manny hasn't technically made 140lbs since May 2009 when he KO'd Hatton. While Manny isn't a BIG Welter at all, I think it's kinda like Cotto where he's a small 154 but wouldn't make 147 healthy today. Manny's been clocking in 145-146 for some time now. At 38-39 to ask him to make 140? Revisit Oscar making 147 after not making it (ironically) 9 years prior. I think Manny is borderline zapped at 140.

Comment

Originally posted by Dosumpthin View Post
                    ZERO stoppages since 09-10.

ZERO.

Made Oscar QUIT.
                    Brutally 1 punch KOed Hatton.....

Then OST was suggested......he ducked......

ZERO stoppages since.

FAACCCTTTOOOO
                    i thought oscar was drained to shiiet?? and i thought hatton was already damage by floyd?

now you wanna admit that those wins are amazing?

random testing gets brought up, he went on to fight guys like mosley (who has stopped mosley before), clottey (who has stopped clottey before), margarito (tough as nail), these arent guys that are easy to stop, even though they're not at the top or is not consider top opponents, they're still tough as shiiet.

then 2012 he got slept by marquez. after that, its been all down hill for manny, add in age, damage he took over the years, and you have a shot manny. aint nothing to do with random testing.

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
                      Manny hasn't technically made 140lbs since May 2009 when he KO'd Hatton. While Manny isn't a BIG Welter at all, I think it's kinda like Cotto where he's a small 154 but wouldn't make 147 healthy today. Manny's been clocking in 145-146 for some time now. At 38-39 to ask him to make 140? Revisit Oscar making 147 after not making it (ironically) 9 years prior. I think Manny is borderline zapped at 140.
                      his fight against algieri was at 144, he came in at 143. 140 is not impossible.

Comment

Working...
                      X