Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What survives longer, Lavar's JBA or Vince's XFL?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What survives longer, Lavar's JBA or Vince's XFL?

Me and Build That Wall a.k.a BrushTrumpsWig had this debate on what would last longer. Lavar Ball's Junior Basketball Association or Vince McMahon's sequel of the XFL.

Both allow players to come out of high school, Lavar's will be a feeder league for the NBA they hope while the XFL with their trump like no social justice warrior approach hope to compete with the NFL.

I'm going with Ball. HS players from poor backgrounds get a chance to get paid while showcasing for the NBA. While I think the XFL is Vince trying to cater to Trump supporters on the anthem stance which I don't think will work out well at all. Like a reboot of the American gladiator I don't see it lasting past a season or 2.
    XFL
    22.22%
    JBA
    22.22%
    Can't focus with trumps diiieeck in my ass
    33.33%
    Lavars a ****ing retard
    22.22%

Tough call. I think XFL but people are starting to get tired of football anyway.

Lavar is a ******.

Comment

Is the JBA a real thing or is it just an idea at this phase? I'd rather see that than the Big 3 league

With all these scandals going on in the NCAA it' time to get rid of that farce and make the NFL and NBA pay some money for a farm league since essentially that's what the NCAA is to those leagues.

Comment

F#ck.....both seem like they have a high chance to be a race to broke to me for different reasons. But I guess the fact the XFL is gonna be more costly makes me think they'll close the doors first. The XFL will have less margin of error & if things don't light up the sky real quick the expectation is they'll be one & done like last time.

This Ball league would seem less expensive to run & bankroll for several years even if it sucks. I mean they could get 2-3 solid sponsors that could guarantee them a 2 to 3 year run out of the gate potentially.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          Is the JBA a real thing or is it just an idea at this phase? I'd rather see that than the Big 3 league

With all these scandals going on in the NCAA it' time to get rid of that farce and make the NFL and NBA pay some money for a farm league since essentially that's what the NCAA is to those leagues.
          Its a real thing, they have already gotten some sponsors. Its just about getting the youth to believe in them.

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          F#ck.....both seem like they have a high chance to be a race to broke to me for different reasons. But I guess the fact the XFL is gonna be more costly makes me think they'll close the doors first. The XFL will have less margin of error & if things don't light up the sky real quick the expectation is they'll be one & done like last time.

This Ball league would seem less expensive to run & bankroll for several years even if it sucks. I mean they could get 2-3 solid sponsors that could guarantee them a 2 to 3 year run out of the gate potentially.
          I honestly don't care for either as Ball gets on my last fn nerves too but I'm all for poor kids with nothing but a scholarship going for them being able to make a couple grand while they await the NBA.

They listed the payouts before, I think the top tiers get like 10,000 a month while the lowest get 3,000;
          Last edited by $Bullsfam$; 02-02-2018, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by $Bullsfam$ View Post
            I honestly don't care for either as Ball gets on my last fn nerves too but I'm all for poor kids with nothing but a scholarship going for them being able to make a couple grand while they await the NBA.

They listed the payouts before, I think the top tiers get like 10,000 a month while the lowest get 3,000;
            You got a good link to this. I'd like to read up on the structure/plans more.

As long as they got minimal teams + only paying kids 3-5mos a year or something like that I don't see this breaking the bank for anyone.

I mean the biggest problem to me for this & this XFL Jr thing is I tend to believe people wanna see THE BEST of w/e sport they chose to watch. They don't wanna see the 2nd or 3rd tier of talent. Thats why I believe womans sports suffer for the most part.

The way around that is to get the locals involved. Minor league baseball teams around the US are a great example of building a solid audience at the local level. If they can develop that audience base in several regions I think both can become something.

Although I still tend to think Ball's league has more ability at lasting cuz I do believe in 2nd rate leagues there is still some appeal in seeing the "next" whoever or some "future NBA guy". Idk that the XFL will be able to offer that appeal so they'll need to live or die on the competition, entertainment value & local appeal cuz I'd assume most of their roster will be failed NFL guys or undrafted NCAA athletes.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              You got a good link to this. I'd like to read up on the structure/plans more.

As long as they got minimal teams + only paying kids 3-5mos a year or something like that I don't see this breaking the bank for anyone.

I mean the biggest problem to me for this & this XFL Jr thing is I tend to believe people wanna see THE BEST of w/e sport they chose to watch. They don't wanna see the 2nd or 3rd tier of talent. Thats why I believe womans sports suffer for the most part.

The way around that is to get the locals involved. Minor league baseball teams around the US are a great example of building a solid audience at the local level. If they can develop that audience base in several regions I think both can become something.

Although I still tend to think Ball's league has more ability at lasting cuz I do believe in 2nd rate leagues there is still some appeal in seeing the "next" whoever or some "future NBA guy". Idk that the XFL will be able to offer that appeal so they'll need to live or die on the competition, entertainment value & local appeal cuz I'd assume most of their roster will be failed NFL guys or undrafted NCAA athletes.
              https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mor...ege/ar-BBH5lCv

It's definitely feasible but the major obstacle is getting top young talent to bite, They might have to settle with bottom of the barrel at first just to show they can survive or legit.

The biggest problem is lavar's clothing company has gotten mixed reviews so people will want to see it legitimized first based on first hand experience.

Comment

Originally posted by $Bullsfam$ View Post
                https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mor...ege/ar-BBH5lCv

It's definitely feasible but the major obstacle is getting top young talent to bite, They might have to settle with bottom of the barrel at first just to show they can survive or legit.

The biggest problem is lavar's clothing company has gotten mixed reviews so people will want to see it legitimized first based on first hand experience.
                I don't love the idea of it being in NY, LA, ATL & DAL in NBA arenas I gotta say. I think he'd likely do better business in smaller venues (less expensive) in small cities that'd appreciate seeing higher level basketball talent then they are used to.

Don't love the distance & all the airline miles you're racking up either assuming they are flying all over playing against each other or just being a traveling league as a whole. I think I'd square up in a smaller region or maybe one specific state & put these mfers on buses.

Probably be saving money doing both of those things. With the payouts mentioned it seems like the median expectation on the full roster payroll would be $520k & I imagine a lot of these guys won't be used to be paid at all so I suspect you'll get solid talent.

Not sure what the NBA developmental league pays so not sure if they'd be competing with them for the best guys or not, but they'd likely get the cats just beneath that league if nothing else which can't be THAT far of a drop off since these are all speculative talents that the NBA didn't quite see enough in to let immediately in the league.

Comment

Lavar ball isn’t getting a real league up and running..

The dude can’t even handle shoe orders, let alone a ****ing league.

XFL will probably fail again, but I have faith that Vincent Kennedy McMahon will at least have operations

Comment

Vince has a creative mind, he just lets his ego get the best of him.

I think XFL will outlast anything Lavar will come up with.

Both will end up failing. People really are getting tired of football. This season was the least interesting for me in the last 15 years. I hate the Patriots, but I hope they win and dominate just to piss everyone off. Haha

Comment

Working...
                    X