No announcement yet.

Not making fun of Juanma but.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
    I agree but he did look impressive early in his career against decent comp.
    Early in his career? His career IS early. If you go any earlier, you're talking about the journeymen with barely winning records that he fought, that every up and comer fights. This IS Juan Ma in his early career. And he's shown he's just not that good against opposition who are placed in front of him to build his name up. He couldn't even do his part in building up a fight against Gamboa, getting knocked around from left to right..

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      Early in his career? His career IS early. If you go any earlier, you're talking about the journeymen with barely winning records that he fought, that every up and comer fights. This IS Juan Ma in his early career. And he's shown he's just not that good against opposition who are placed in front of him to build his name up. He couldn't even do his part in building up a fight against Gamboa, getting knocked around from left to right..
      because gamboa has been flawless the minute he turned pro?

i love it.

i remember when gamboa was getting knockdown everyone when off on how juanma was gonna destroy him.

boxing fans are so fickle.

Comment

Originally posted by AntonTheGreat View Post
        because gamboa has been flawless the minute he turned pro?

i love it.

i remember when gamboa was getting knockdown everyone when off on how juanma was gonna destroy him.

boxing fans are so fickle.
        neither one will be great. with that said, gamboa is more ready than juanma is, that much is clear.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
          neither one will be great. with that said, gamboa is more ready than juanma is, that much is clear.
          now. he didn't have half the people currently on his dick back when he was getting knocked down.

we're not talking about who's great or not.

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
            He was never that good. I remember that fiht with Mtagwa in which he survived the last rounds by moving around and he wasn't knocked out just because he at least showed a good chin to survive. Then he was knocked down against Concepcion, but he was able to knock him out because he was more powerful than the Filipino boxer. Then he was finally beaten by Salido, a hard guy with good punching power and a great chin. Yeah, a clumsy boxer with B level skills, but that was certainly enough to take advantage of JuanMa terrible defence, which by the way was already exposed before by some boxers who were even worse than Salido.

All the credit for Orlando, he gave everything and fought like a warrior, and for Juanma, well as I've said, he just wasn't as good as lots of guys were saying.
            Gotta agree with you here. To make matters worse look at what Gamboa did to both Mtagwa and Solis in comparison to Juanma.

Comment

someone should make a poll if juanmas legit or just a hype job.
              i'd vote for the former.

Comment

Working...
              X