Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friend had a motorcycle accident.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still riding to be honest, a good family friend of mine works specifically with bikers who've suffered permanent injuries from riding, which opens up a new perspective. It sucks when you see a guy who lost his life or the ability to walk at a really young age.

And like a lot of people said already the biggest threat is other drivers, riding a motorcycle is having your senses maxed out at all times, no distractions. No exceptions. Hell I still lane split at red lights even though I've been ticketed a few times because no way am I gonna let myself get rear ended by some idiot...

Comment

My older brother had a motorcycle accident 2 years ago, he lost a small portion of the bottom foot (in the middle area), and lost cells which means that section won't grow anything.

The doctors thought they were going to amputate his feet, but the bottom feet showed signs of improvement, so what he did was remove small part of skin from his upper thigh in surgery and placed it on the bottom feet to cover that area missing tissue.

2 years later and he's walking, but not as 100% accurate as a normal person. The bike caught on fire at the accident scene. Now he wants no part of any bike. Sorry about your friend OP, I can't imagine living without my feet .

Comment

Beer, sorry to hear about your friend. I guess it is hard to hear 'he is lucky to be alive' right about now.

Comment

Motorcycles are so dangerous. Even if there were no cars on the road.

Comment

Fu*ck motercycles!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
              Motorcyclists are some brave ass mofos, I'm sure he's toughing it out as best he can. Best of luck to your friend man, I can't imagine losing any limb.
              No no no, i own 3 bike. doesn't feel brave at all

Originally posted by Genius~ View Post
              I have not known a single motorcycle owner that hasn't got into an accident.

Literally everyone I know with a motorcycle has crashed at least once. Those things have a 100% crash rate.

I split my leg open myself.
              this is so true, my worst crash are when i still work at palm plantation. 2nd month at the job i go this farthest transmigation village. driving on red clay road found downslope road with stiff turn to the left, what i dont see is the big hole at the start of the turn. manage to avoid the hole but my rear wheel lose the grip so my bike go straight crashing to the wall. 2 broken fingers, dislocated knee, bruises chest. my helmet literally broken in half.

Helmet is the key if you want to stay alive

Comment

Very sorry to hear, Beerbro. Seriously.

Like others have said, I've lost friends to motorcycle accidents.

I could never own one.

My fast happens on four wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by 2ofEverything View Post
                  I'm still riding to be honest, a good family friend of mine works specifically with bikers who've suffered permanent injuries from riding, which opens up a new perspective. It sucks when you see a guy who lost his life or the ability to walk at a really young age.

And like a lot of people said already the biggest threat is other drivers, riding a motorcycle is having your senses maxed out at all times, no distractions. No exceptions. Hell I still lane split at red lights even though I've been ticketed a few times because no way am I gonna let myself get rear ended by some idiot...
                  i feel quite the opposite, when i ride a bike my ear always sealed with mp3 player. cant even hear bus/truck horn. never had accident with another vehicle, all my accident are because bad roads.

on the other i feel i have to maxed out all of my sense when driving a car

Comment

Originally posted by betmen View Post
                    i feel quite the opposite, when i ride a bike my ear always sealed with mp3 player. cant even hear bus/truck horn. never had accident with another vehicle, all my accident are because bad roads.

on the other i feel i have to maxed out all of my sense when driving a car
                    and which is why you dont need to ride a bike!

Comment

Hookers and alcohol ..

Thats what is to look forward to.. maybe heroin. sucks.

Comment

Working...
                      X