No announcement yet.

Martinez: "Golovkin will be the middleweight king in a few years"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
    OMG Golovkin had a puffy eye? No way! I guess since Martinez had a busted up nose against Darren Barker that must mean he would lose to [insert random name]. Donaire had a puffy face against Vazquez & Mathebula there for he'd lose to [insert random name]!

Man, this is boxing. You're going to get some lumps & bruises. And let's not just say "oh well rosado had a cut that's why he lost" Rosado got the sh%t beat out of him. His face was a mess. Oh the blood made it worse right? Yeah that's why they threw in the towel and his trainer said "I don't want him to die!". Get real.

Golovkin is a real threat to anyone at 160, including Martinez. So his eye got marked up, big deal.
    Alot of what you said had merit i will admit, but his trainer threw in the towel because he couldn't see from the blood in his eye, not the punishment. If your vision is impaired and you're in the ring with a guy like GGG than that is a death sentence. Zaveck vs. Berto, and Paulie vs. Senchenko were both ended because of impaired vision not necessarily the punishment they were taking.
    Last edited by hhwff3000; 02-12-2013, 02:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by x2sasa View Post
      the fight did not last 12 rounds, so your reason is not valid, what do you think will happen if the fight was not stopped? what will happen to the busted rosado? lets be realistic here bro
      My main argument is that Golovkin's performances against mediocre opposition does not reflect how he would do against Martinez--if anything it shows that he's relatively untested at the elite level when compared to Martinez. Therefore, if you argue that because he's KO'ing bums he'll stop Martinez, I can also say that those same performances reflect flaws (poor if not untested stamina in the late rounds, little to no head movement, etc.) in GGG that a fighter of Sergio's quality can surely exploit.

Don't get me wrong though, I'd love to see this fight. Hopefully it happens by late 2013 or early 2014 and hopefully by then GGG will have a few decent names on his resume.
      Last edited by BafanaBafana; 02-12-2013, 02:21 AM.

Comment

i dont think so, he has no head movement and is very limited..........

Comment

Theres no way that golovkin could beat martinez

Comment

I agree wit everything Natas posted In this thread. Some of you are just being plain silly....comparing Chavez Jr to GGG? HA. as he put it, JCC Jr is nothing more then a mediocre boxer with a big name/following.

The MW king himself said that GGG is legit. what more do you keyboard warriors want? lol. The good thing is nothing you guys say matters......only time and results will tell, and in my opinion GGG is going to be a destructive force to be reckoned with, just wait and see.

Comment

Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
              My main argument is that Golovkin's performances against mediocre opposition does not reflect how he would do against Martinez--if anything it shows that he's relatively untested at the elite level when compared to Martinez. Therefore, if you argue that because he's KO'ing bums he'll stop Martinez, I can also say that those same performances reflect flaws (poor if not untested stamina in the late rounds, little to no head movement, etc.) in GGG that a fighter of Sergio's quality can surely exploit.

Don't get me wrong though, I'd love to see this fight. Hopefully it happens by late 2013 or early 2014 and hopefully by then GGG will have a few decent names on his resume.
              Okay. So just from reading your first sentence....... What's to stop me from saying Martinrz got rocked by a Mediocre opponent in JCC Jr? If he gets rocked by JCC, I can say GGG has more power and he'll knock him out.

Sturm gets so much crap for his opposition... Yet Two of Martinez past few fights have been against Macklin and Murray, two guys Sturm fought recently as well! So you wanna talk about resume....... Yet Martinez hasn't exactly been lining up fights with The GGGs, Pirogs of the division..

GGG hasn't done anything to earn a Martinez shot, resume wise.....but Martin Murray has? Macklin too? You have no idea what you're talking About, sorry.

Your logic: brb beat Jorge Navarro.... Earn title shot against Sergio Martinez...
              Beat Proksa, Ouma and Rosado.......step your résumé up and then we'll talk about even CONSIDERING you.

Okay bro.
              Last edited by King_; 02-12-2013, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Props to Sergio....

At least he didn't tell him to become his own CEO first

Comment

All I have to say to people crapping on Chavez, let 3G get in the ring with that cruiserweight "bum" and see what happens. I don't care what sparring partners have to say because 3G's punches aren't going to be knocking him out. When 3G gets pinned against the ropes and has that 185 pound dude punching his guts out, people will see why there are weight classes.

Beating up on career LMW's and fighting cruiserweights are two totally different ballgames.

Comment

Respect to Martinez for actually acknowledging Golovkin, but people would still make it look like he is ducking him no matter what. I hope after the Murray and if the chavez rematch doesnt happen then the GGG fight can happen, sadly it wouldnt IMO. and even if it does then it would be an easy UD win for Martinez.

Comment

Whatever about Sergio, comparing 3G to Chavez Jr is just silly. Golovkin is an excellent boxer, an Olympic Silver and World Gold medalist, not a plodder who never even had an amateur career. His footwork is top notch and it's not often such a technically solid fighter comes along with such brutal power.

I fully acknowledge that Sergio is a different proposition entirely however and Golovkin's leaky defence would be a major factor in the fight. He's shown a good chin to date though, and I find it hard to imagine him not giving a very good account of himself, even against a truly elite operator like Martinez.

Comment

Working...
                      X