• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Birthday to the last UNDisputed champ

Lennox Lewis is 46 years old today!

Happy Bday champ!

Happy Birthday, Greatest!

Comment

Happy Birthday to the new heavyweight champion of the world Alexander Povetkin!

Comment

Originally posted by BrooklynBomber View Post
        I didn't think he was undisputed, but unified. There were a few Champions that he didn't fight, like Ruiz and Byrd. I don't think he ever held the WBO title and held the WBA only for 3-4 months-you might say from the time he beat Holyfield, until his next fight when he already hadn't got it any more. Sooo he held 3 titles at the same time (WBC with the WBA and IBF which he'd won with the Holyfield victory) for a total of 4 months, and 2 titles (WBC and IBF) for 2.5 years.

For the vast majority of his career he was only the WBC Champion......that is....according to Boxrec........... So, to ME, that's not undisputed. I appreciate being corrected.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
          I didn't think he was undisputed, but unified. There were a few Champions that he didn't fight, like Ruiz and Byrd. I don't think he ever held the WBO title and held the WBA only for 3-4 months-you might say from the time he beat Holyfield, until his next fight when he already hadn't got it any more. Sooo he held 3 titles at the same time (WBC with the WBA and IBF which he'd won with the Holyfield victory) for a total of 4 months, and 2 titles (WBC and IBF) for 2.5 years.

For the vast majority of his career he was only the WBC Champion......that is....according to Boxrec........... So, to ME, that's not undisputed. I appreciate being corrected.
          Just found an interesting thing, the reason that Lewis held the WBA title for only 4 months was because he'd had an agreement to fight John Ruiz for that Title, which he reneged on, Ruiz sued and the WBA said he had to fight Ruiz or be stripped. He was stripped of the WBA the morning of the day of his next fight...against Michael Grant.

And forgot to mention that the WBO was held during much of Lewis's career by one or the other of the Klitschkos. Also, VK was the #1 challenger for Lewis's WBC for about a year before that unexpected opportunity came along.

Comment

Happy birthday champ

Comment

Originally posted by BrooklynBomber View Post
              I thought you were fcking around but it is indeed Povetkins bday as well.

September 2nd should be a holy day in boxing.

Comment

Working...
              X