Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are some of the reknowned gyms you'd train at?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are some of the reknowned gyms you'd train at?

Freddie Roach's "Wildcard" gym looks tight. Carpeted floors, hella posters and flag. A very cozy and positive working environment.

"Newbridge boxing club" looks fcukin cold and dank. Fcuk winter training. Their Bags look dope though...the color scheme.

Cus's Catskill gym looked desolate and empty. It was almost like a training facility soley for Iron Mike. Tyson usually trains in a really really big gym area with him only working.

"5th Street" gym in Miami (Ali and Dundee) looks like a pleasant training atmosphere.

Mayweather's camp always looks solid.

Pavlik's "Southside" gym looks hella small, but it works. That stable looks nice and tight.

Cotto's training stable....it's aiite.

DLH's Big Bear's basement gym looked like a private work out room. It didn't have the war factory ambiance to it.

McGirt's Boxing Gym in Vero Beach, nothing fancy and not very spacious, but it has the essentials. It's a real boxing gym kinda place.

Comment

One of those run down pavillion looking outdoor gyms over in Thailand. Not saying I'd want to live there, or even train at one of those places perminatly, but what an experience that would be.

Comment

Originally posted by Asian Sensation View Post
        McGirt's Boxing Gym in Vero Beach, nothing fancy and not very spacious, but it has the essentials. It's a real boxing gym kinda place.
        I like grimey ass stables. Makes you feel like a champion. Ya gotta live hard if you want to be a fighter, IMO.

Comment

i'd love to train at the original Kronk in Detroit before it got shut down... Big Bear, Mayweathers gym, up in Catskills, the Wild Card would be cool too

Comment

Originally posted by Squabbles94806 View Post
            I like grimey ass stables. Makes you feel like a champion. Ya gotta live hard if you want to be a fighter, IMO.
            Gleasons in NY looks like your best choice then

Comment

i'd like to check out Amir Khans new gym, the state of the art one.... although i prefer old school gyms

Comment

Yeah, i was just gonna mention Gleason's gym. Ain't that where LaMotta trained?

You know where i'd like to work for a little? In a New York boxing gym. Imagine what that would be like. Have all that history behind it and *****.

Comment

the gyms i've trained at in my career as a pro sparring partner (cant get my pro license to fight, legally blind but i CAN see) in vegas: Top Rank, jonny taccos, golden gloves, barrys boxing, nevada partners, prince ranch. elsewhere: tekkin in tokyo japan/mexico: neuvo jorden, jc superstar's gym, nachio b's gym in Mexico city/ england to many to list. (there are more gyms in england than any place i've ever been except mexico but most of those are not really gyms just places where boxers train not many bags and most have no ring)

Comment

Working...
                  X