Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I went to a basketball game yesterday and they have a giveaway is it worth anything?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] I went to a basketball game yesterday and they have a giveaway is it worth anything?

So forgive me as I know nothing about professional basketball. The CEO of my mom's company got us tickets to a Lakers game last night. There was a huge ceremony prior to the game for a retired player (I forget his name) who they also erected a statue outside the arena for. It was a pretty big deal it seems.

Anyways, they gave everyone in attendance a replica model figurine of the statue. My question is, will this item be worth anything in the future? Should I keep it in the box and never open it for resale value? Or is it something that can be bought in stores? Because I'd like to display it in my bedroom if I can but I will avoid doing so if it's worth keeping pristine in the box.

Originally posted by Shaolin Sword View Post
    So forgive me as I know nothing about professional basketball. The CEO of my mom's company got us tickets to a Lakers game last night. There was a huge ceremony prior to the game for a retired player (I forget his name) who they also erected a statue outside the arena for. It was a pretty big deal it seems.

Anyways, they gave everyone in attendance a replica model figurine of the statue. My question is, will this item be worth anything in the future? Should I keep it in the box and never open it for resale value? Or is it something that can be bought in stores? Because I'd like to display it in my bedroom if I can but I will avoid doing so if it's worth keeping pristine in the box.
    That was the Shaq statue they unvieled last night! That was history. It's not worth much if you didn't get it signed by Shaq himself. You could probably get $50 for it on Ebay from a Lakers fan living on the other side of the country

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      That was the Shaq statue they unvieled last night! That was history. It's not worth much if you didn't get it signed by Shaq himself. You could probably get $50 for it on Ebay from a Lakers fan living on the other side of the country

Oh, thanks! I thought it was from a player of the black and white era. I was off by a couple decades haha!

But yeah I know it's not worth much now, well actually they're going for like $100 on ebay, but I'm talking about in the way future. There were about 18,000 fans in attendance last night, and employees and media also got some. So there are probably about 20,000 of those floating around right now in the entire world. With there only being 20,000 in the entire world, do you think many years from now it will be worth a lot?

Comment

Oh, thanks! I thought it was from a player of the black and white era. I was off by a couple decades haha!

But yeah I know it's not worth much now, well actually they're going for like $100 on ebay, but I'm talking about in the way future. There were about 18,000 fans in attendance last night, and employees and media also got some. So there are probably about 20,000 of those floating around right now in the entire world. With there only being 20,000 in the entire world, do you think many years from now it will be worth a lot?
        And in a couple of years a lot of people will lose theirs so there will be a lot less floating around. But if you ever get a chance to get it autographed by Shaq you should do it. Even if it's one of those autograph shows where you have to pay $50 for an autograph it'll still be worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          And in a couple of years a lot of people will lose theirs so there will be a lot less floating around. But if you ever get a chance to get it autographed by Shaq you should do it. Even if it's one of those autograph shows where you have to pay $50 for an autograph it'll still be worth it.
          OK thanks! So I will keep it in the box then since the actual figurine is packaged inside Styrofoam. I would have loved to take it and out and display it in my room though. I enjoyed that game so much, I know Lakers suck ass but it was very fun! I am a fan for sure.

Comment

OK thanks! So I will keep it in the box then since the actual figurine is packaged inside Styrofoam. I would have loved to take it and out and display it in my room though. I enjoyed that game so much, I know Lakers suck ass but it was very fun! I am a fan for sure.
            All live sporting events are fun. I'm not a hockey fan and won't watch it on TV but I love going to hockey games. Whenever you get a chance to see high level athletes performing live it's always a treat.

Comment

First there was that guy who didn't know who MJ was, now this guy who doesn't know who Shaq is?

WTF

Comment

In one hundred and twenty years it will be worth one hundred and twenty bucks...pass it on to your kids.

Comment

Nice! My brother will love it. He's a fan!

Comment

Originally posted by Sup View Post
                    First there was that guy who didn't know who MJ was, now this guy who doesn't know who Shaq is?

WTF
                    Must be trolling.

Comment

Working...
                    X