Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kovalev's Promoter: Ward's Side Not Responding, Deadlines Loom

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Oakland GIFT Receiver is running for the hills, IF HE TRULY BELIEVED HE WON AND CAN BEAT KOVALEV, he would sign a contract there is money to be made, coWard knows he lost. SMH

Comment

• There is a time when every man should stand behind his words, if he is a man that is... Signing a contract with a rematch clause is as good as man's word... if you are a real man that is.. coWard is a PANSY HOE if he does not stand behind his word and fights Kovalev, especially if you know you got a GIFT.
      Last edited by MantisToboggan; 02-10-2017, 07:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
        ward is holding tight on that gift he got

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
          Andre Ward knows he lost the first fight, and he's afraid the officials may be fair next time.

He obviously doesn't want the rematch.

I don't think he'll retire, he'll just hold the titles hostage and fight soft opposition for as long as he can.
          Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post
          Hope he retires if he gonna duck this fight, judges saved him last time he knows he cant count on that again.
          Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
          A champion of the People. Maybe Ward could also try sending him some premium vodka at the bar 'on the house' and then convince Kovalev to drive once he's ****faced, so that he crashes into a hospital for baby puppies and kittens, killing many innocent animals and tearing both his ACL's.

I think Ward could definitely benefit from Kovalev being physically impaired with two torn ACL's, and mentally distracted from the guilt of running over baby puppies and kittens. I would applaud Ward if he did this because a true champion always finds new advantages to exploit. That's what the sweet science is all about. Hell Shannon Briggs is amateur waiting for Klitschko to go paddle-surfing, then knocking him off the surfboat. I say wait for the other contenders to go skydiving, then cut the parachute. That definitely gives you a better chance on fight night. Lets go champ!

I am obviously being sarcastic, and I obviously don't mean any of that literally, and anyone who did any of that would be a crazy person. I'm just pointing out that Ward is being a douchebag. What happened to the whole S.O.G thing?
          Originally posted by A.K View Post
          Roc nation is too busy signing bum old rappers, losing money at all costs should be their motto.
          But Ward 115-112 doe.

Comment

• ......what can kov do to Beat ward n improve.... I see y'all ducking my thread Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
              ......what can kov do to Beat ward n improve.... I see y'all ducking my thread Lol.
              Ward don't even have the balls to rematch Kov. That's like trying to cook something with no ingredients.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
                Ward don't even have the balls to rematch Kov. That's like trying to cook something with no ingredients.
                "Ward need 2 more tune ups"

"He will duck him and the fight won't happen"

"He be clinching doe"

"He never fights outside Oakland!!!!"

"He'll fake an injury!!"

Did you guys say this before November or not?

Y'all crybabies got everything you wanted

Fight was in Vegas, Kov did a lot of clinching, headlocks, rabbit punching

Ward fought in November like it was planned

What injury Lol?

Fight happened, kovalev lost....what can he do better in the rematch to ensure a clear victory? Either you have a logical tactical answer or you don't.....say so.....I do

I think you need to check your cupboard Sir, and frig Cuz your Pot is empty and burning on the Stove.....

Comment

• The hate for Ward is ridiculous. First he was hated and being labeled a coward for not moving up and facing Kovalev. Now after already facing and beating Kovalev. Now his being hated and being a coward for not giving Kovalev a rematch. Like Ive said before. The Kovalev fanboys are really not going to stop crying until Ward gives Kovalev a win.

Comment

• JoeMan Why should they move on? If they have a contract Ward will eventually honor it or pay the price.

Comment

• DeLorean "...the rematch happens whenever he feels like it. There's nothing ironed out yet.'

Really? You know that? Have you read the contract? No you haven't. And neither have I. So all we have to go on is typical business/legal practice in cases of this kind.

If there is a rematch clause - and evidently there is - it is vanishingly unlikely that there is not a timetable with clearly articulated (a) notice periods (b) deadlines (c) penalties for non-performance.

I'm sure there are many issues that do indeed have to be ironed out. But I am extremely confident that the fight won't happen '...whenever he feels like it" Any lawyer who agreed to a contract that had a rematch that could happen whenever the winner felt like it wouldn't be a lawyer very long. There may be loopholes in the contract but that is extremely unlikely to be one of them.

Contracts exist for a reason. Lawyers are used to draft them for a reason. Lawyers who specialize in contracts of this kind know these kind of situations - they've seen them before.

Comment

Working...
                      X