Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the heavyweight division about to relive the glory days of the 90s?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

90's, 00's and 10's were all about comparable eras, but I think the 10's is shaping up now to be the best era on record.

Never before have there been so many good+strong contenders.

I think it's about time there was another division, hardly any past era boxers would want to compete today imo.

Carlos Takam would probably be Lewis's best opponent bar Klitschko. Fact!

Comment

Originally posted by Skilled Nation View Post
      No one else is hyped for Joshua and Wilder?
      I am bigtime!!

I like the HW division. It's true it's not 90's style yet but people have to give it time. These fighters are just entering their primes or not even there yet. But the crop coming up is as exciting as hell

Comment

Maybe,,, The key will be if everyone fights each other..

The 70s was the best cuz it was loaded with talent and everyone fought each other for the most part.. The 90s had great talent but the big fights never got made in timely fashion..

Comment

90's was an underrated era. This era has potential but that's all it is right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
            Maybe,,, The key will be if everyone fights each other..

The 70s was the best cuz it was loaded with talent and everyone fought each other for the most part.. The 90s had great talent but the big fights never got made in timely fashion..

yea...came in to say there...there is talent but what made the 90s HW scene fun was they all fought each other

except the one fight that needed to get made didnt

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
              yea...came in to say there...there is talent but what made the 90s HW scene fun was they all fought each other

except the one fight that needed to get made didnt
              Yeah but they ARE all fighting each other!

At the start of the 90's, not only did Bowe/LEnnox not happen, but neither did Holyfield/Tyson, or Tyson/Lewis and many of the other big fights didn't happen until later.

Look at the champ, it is only halfway through the decade and already Wladimir has defeated every opponent (again) or defeated someone who has defeated a top ranked opponent with the exception of Wilder and Fury mainly, whom he is scheduled to now fight. There are a few other guys unbeaten like Browne etc but have remained somewhat unestablished at the very top at this stage.

I think those that are claiming 90's fought everyone as opposed to now are doing so either with bias or prematurely or both!

Even the post-Wlad era is shaping up to be of the highest talent.

Comment

The athletes are there, they just need to fight each other.

Ali, Fraizer, Foreman

Fab 4

Roy jones, Hopkins, Calzaghe

Cotto, Floyd, Oscar, Manny, Mosley

2015/16/17:....

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
                  Yeah but they ARE all fighting each other!

At the start of the 90's, not only did Bowe/LEnnox not happen, but neither did Holyfield/Tyson, or Tyson/Lewis and many of the other big fights didn't happen until later.

Look at the champ, it is only halfway through the decade and already Wladimir has defeated every opponent (again) or defeated someone who has defeated a top ranked opponent with the exception of Wilder and Fury mainly, whom he is scheduled to now fight. There are a few other guys unbeaten like Browne etc but have remained somewhat unestablished at the very top at this stage.

I think those that are claiming 90's fought everyone as opposed to now are doing so either with bias or prematurely or both!

Even the post-Wlad era is shaping up to be of the highest talent.

in this modern era of fights not being made, you'll have to pardon me for having my doubts...

but with that said, i would love to be proven wrong and this division fully thrive once again

Comment

Working...
                  X