Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jermall Charlo-Sergiy Derevyanchenko - Official Scorecards

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jermall Charlo-Sergiy Derevyanchenko - Official Scorecards

Charlo-Derevyanchenko Official Scorecards - Mohegan Sun, CT. - WBC middleweight champion Jermall Charlo (31-0, 22 KOs) picked up the most significant win of his career with a twelve round unanimous decision over the ultra-game Sergiy Derevyanchenko (13-3, 10 KOs).
    [Click Here To Read More]

Jermall Charlo should unify with GGG in 2021.

Comment

Great match, Derevy was an absolute beast but Mall Charlo looked dominant and disfigured Derevy through the fight.

One of the best fights of the year for action packed yet fierce boxing.

Looks interesting for GGG considering many think he received a gift against Derevychenko. Haters pretending to be sleep today.

Comment

Haha those cards are pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by Fire4231 View Post
          Great match, Derevy was an absolute beast but Mall Charlo looked dominant and disfigured Derevy through the fight.

One of the best fights of the year for action packed yet fierce boxing.

Looks interesting for GGG considering many think he received a gift against Derevychenko. Haters pretending to be sleep today.
          i think most of us, that are realistic, have realized that golovkin is past it and on the real tail end....but hes still pretty good which is sort of impressive(and ive always been a very harsh critic of him)

he really only fought chenko because canelo told him to go get a belt...and he thought chenko was the lowest hanging fruit...it was him or andrade and we know golovkin doesnt want any part of a black, athletic, southpaw with pedigree that andrade has....

it was def a good test, the first good one, for charlo...hopefully charlo does eubank next then maybe danny(i think he has 1 fight left on matchroom deal)....then who knows

charlo/golovkin is never going to happen....golovkin is chasing one more canelo check and he will not take a tough/competitive fight from here on out without it....golovkin vs andrade/charlo would likely end up in embarrassment for golovkin at this point(who knows maybe im wrong) imo....which is too bad because golovkin wasted much of his career/prime....yeah he gets some points for the manner he defeated much of his resume...but his resume still stinks for the most part and we never really found out just how good he was

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
            i think most of us, that are realistic, have realized that golovkin is past it and on the real tail end....but hes still pretty good which is sort of impressive(and ive always been a very harsh critic of him)

he really only fought chenko because canelo told him to go get a belt...and he thought chenko was the lowest hanging fruit...it was him or andrade and we know golovkin doesnt want any part of a black, athletic, southpaw with pedigree that andrade has....

it was def a good test, the first good one, for charlo...hopefully charlo does eubank next then maybe danny(i think he has 1 fight left on matchroom deal)....then who knows

charlo/golovkin is never going to happen....golovkin is chasing one more canelo check and he will not take a tough/competitive fight from here on out without it....golovkin vs andrade/charlo would likely end up in embarrassment for golovkin at this point(who knows maybe im wrong) imo....which is too bad because golovkin wasted much of his career/prime....yeah he gets some points for the manner he defeated much of his resume...but his resume still stinks for the most part and we never really found out just how good he was
            The problem with analyzing GGG career is his slide happened at the exact time his competition got better. He has debatable loses to Jacobs, Canelo and now Derevychenko. Do I think he has gotten A bit older... yes. But part of me says he is more dynamic than a few years ago.

The problem with recent performances was as the competition stiffened he didn’t look like a monster. When they recently placed him in with Steve Rolls a small not active Vanes he was the same tank we witnessed once again. GGG looked as great as he did because of who was place in the ring with him. That will always be a problem with his legacy. And when he retires it will surely come to light.

Comment

Originally posted by Fire4231 View Post
              The problem with analyzing GGG career is his slide happened at the exact time his competition got better. He has debatable loses to Jacobs, Canelo and now Derevychenko. Do I think he has gotten A bit older... yes. But part of me says he is more dynamic than a few years ago.

The problem with recent performances was as the competition stiffened he didn’t look like a monster. When they recently placed him in with Steve Rolls a small not active Vanes he was the same tank we witnessed once again. GGG looked as great as he did because of who was place in the ring with him. That will always be a problem with his legacy. And when he retires it will surely come to light.
              i def agree for the most part.....you may be right...his age/slipping may be a built in excuse for not looking like a machine versus first rate compby his super fans(theyre good at excuses).....its been no secret he dominates C/D level comp like no other.....and thats exactly like you said will be a problem with his legacy.....too many wades, rolls etc...curtis stevens? that guy lost to legit D level club guys like primera and brinkley

i think its already come to light by message board boxing fans...the problem is the boxing media, who largely define a fighters legacy/career, are usually lenient on fighters and heap praise on them for too little...most scribes have never really laced them up and almost fawn over the "gladiators" who "put their health and life on the line"....which i understand...as fans we do that too....we understand how difficult and brutal the sport it is....at the same time when we compare fighters and judge them relative to other fighters some come up short....to me golovkins career has come up short....

Comment

Another scalp for Jermall, on to the next one

Comment

Originally posted by JERMELL_CHARLO_ View Post
                  Another scalp for Jermall, on to the next one
                  Some people mention Eubanks should be next. But a certain type of fan have said that the Charlos are scared of Mungia and Jermell is lucky he left 154. I think Oscar should go a head and cash the young fellow out. I would love to see Jermall do the honors. Mungia had issues with Hogan and didn't want that rematch. Jermall would show Jaime a very good time. A nice big opponent too. The harder they fall.

Comment

Originally posted by ecuasionz View Post
                    Some people mention Eubanks should be next. But a certain type of fan have said that the Charlos are scared of Mungia and Jermell is lucky he left 154. I think Oscar should go a head and cash the young fellow out. I would love to see Jermall do the honors. Mungia had issues with Hogan and didn't want that rematch. Jermall would show Jaime a very good time. A nice big opponent too. The harder they fall.
                    The bigger they are

Comment

Working...
                    X