Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

conditioning along with boxing training or seperate??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright "semi-pro" fighter. LOL. You are seriously delusional if you think you are "semi-pro". Lame.

Have fun with your toughman contests.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokin'
      Alright "semi-pro" fighter. LOL. You are seriously delusional if you think you are "semi-pro". Lame.

Have fun with your toughman contests.
      dude ur a ****ing idiot semi pro boxing is just boxing that doesen't count in any pro ranks but u can u can accept a purse... look at this website http://www.semiproboxing.org/

ur one ignorent mother****er

Comment

ok thanks for the replies, one other thing I want to know though is do you guys usually do EVERYTHING (pads,heavybag,skipping,sparring,shadowboxing,spee dbag,slip bag) in each and every workout?? or is it best to divide it up, and do more of each on different days or whatever?

Comment

Originally posted by kingdosia
          dude you are ****ing ******ed. An amateur can not accept $$ for fights. I have, I won a tournement that advertised a 2k purse for the winner of each weight division. After a tko in the 2nd round of the final HW bout, I found out that fact. I had to give up any further "amateur fights" and sign with TITLE INC. to accept the purse. I needed the money at the time. So, my uninformed friend without being licensed by any athletic committe I am SEMI PRO,
          I fight bouts that award a purse for the winner. not licensed for legal reasons at this time ie. A contract with a previosly named co. that I don't feel to be fair.
          any more questions forest?
          how much of a cut does this company take out of your purse?
          do you have to pay them a regular fee of any kind to keep them representing you?

Comment

Originally posted by warriorsingh84'
            ok thanks for the replies, one other thing I want to know though is do you guys usually do EVERYTHING (pads,heavybag,skipping,sparring,shadowboxing,spee dbag,slip bag) in each and every workout?? or is it best to divide it up, and do more of each on different days or whatever?
            I use an easy day hard day routine. Hard days Road work/conditioning, and then my skills training later in the day ie. bags, mits and 10rnds sparing, jump rope on easy days and as a warm up for sparing, Shadowboxing is for four rnds on hard days and (three min rnds) and a good five min rnd on easy days
            the rest of my easy days contains a lighter version of my road work abb training and strenght training. I don't do the exact routine everytime, variety is important. You also need completely off days. To recover.

Comment

How can u sign up for the semi pro bouts ?

Comment

Originally posted by Rain
                how much of a cut does this company take out of your purse?
                do you have to pay them a regular fee of any kind to keep them representing you?
                They get a 30% cut, I have to use there equipment (not so bad) have to attend a required amount of endorsement events. They wont even cover my gym fees unless I use certain gyms none of which are close. I pretty much ****ed myself, but I needed the money for my son. (the prize for winning the tourn) it was a split second decision, I felt I did the right thing the sound of Pro boxing was like music to my ears. This was over a year ago, They have not promoted one fight for me yet. I can compete in semi pro events with out there consent which is the only thing that worked in my favor I love to fight, if they would have took that away all together I'd a been crushed. I am working with a lawyer to try to buy out of the deal. The asking price is through the roof. I got a whoping 4yrs left with them.
                the bright side I love to train and help younger fighters avoid the same mistakes Lesson one. DON'T TAKE THE PURSE FOR THE AMATEUR TOURNEMENTS. It's not legal to accept money for amateur fights. Get a reputable manager, get licensed to fight pro and do it the right way.

Comment

Originally posted by shellroc513
                  How can u sign up for the semi pro bouts ?
                  www.semiproboxing.com

Comment

I went to the site and could not find out how to do it. I went to the .org one. the .com link does not work.

Comment

Working...
                    X