ESPN's Dan Rafael on latest PBC ratings

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN's Dan Rafael on latest PBC ratings

What do you guys think about this story I just read on ESPN:

The numbers just get worse and worse for Premier Boxing Champions. The ratings for this past Saturday night’s card on NBC in prime time sank to PBC’s lowest in prime time. The 2½-hour telecast, which was headlined by a fight that generated zero prefight buzz and was viewed as a mismatch (although unknown Joe Smith scored a first-round knockout of light heavyweight contender Andrzej Fonfara in a major upset), generated just a 0.8 overnight rating, down 20 percent from NBC’s previous PBC telecast in April (1.0) and down 39 percent from the card before that in December (1.3), according to Sports Media Watch. The 0.8 is the lowest for a prime-time PBC card on network television (there have been nine telecasts between NBC and Fox since PBC debuted in March 2015). According to Sports Media Watch, the 0.8 is one of the lowest metered market ratings ever for a sporting event on prime-time network television. Every NBC prime-time PBC telecast has had a worse rating than the one before it, likely due to several poor matchups on paper.

that's what happens when u put fonfora vs (literally who?) on NBC

what the hell was hymen thinking?

Comment

Yea, it's Fonfara. Congrats on figuring that out. If Thurman Porter fails, then you have something to talk about.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post

The numbers just get worse and worse for Premier Boxing Champions. The ratings for this past Saturday night’s card on NBC in prime time sank to PBC’s lowest in prime time. The 2½-hour telecast, which was headlined by a fight that generated zero prefight buzz and was viewed as a mismatch (although unknown Joe Smith scored a first-round knockout of light heavyweight contender Andrzej Fonfara in a major upset), generated just a 0.8 overnight rating, down 20 percent from NBC’s previous PBC telecast in April (1.0) and down 39 percent from the card before that in December (1.3), according to Sports Media Watch. The 0.8 is the lowest for a prime-time PBC card on network television (there have been nine telecasts between NBC and Fox since PBC debuted in March 2015). According to Sports Media Watch, the 0.8 is one of the lowest metered market ratings ever for a sporting event on prime-time network television. Every NBC prime-time PBC telecast has had a worse rating than the one before it, likely due to several poor matchups on paper.
        I don't care what the ratings are I'm tuning in. For those that don't for whatever reason you're missing out on some good fights.
        We may not know the opponent of the popular/known fighter but We know it once they beat the favorite. And that has happened more that once on PBC cards.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          Yea, it's Fonfara. Congrats on figuring that out. If Thurman Porter fails, then you have something to talk about.
          This fight is massive for PBC's reputation.

If it gets anywhere under 2M that would be a huge blow to PBC. By all accounts it should do very well. But that remains to be seen.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post

He's whining because he called it a horrible fight. He got **** from everybody because he called it a horrible fight. Now he's whining.

Did he write about those Lomachenko ratings? Or how it didn't sell out the small hall?

Comment

Read my post I directed to BigDunny 2 min ago about the Fonfara ratings Where that nutsack quoted that article.

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
                Read my post I directed to BigDunny 2 min ago about the Fonfara ratings Where that nutsack quoted that article.
                Keep my dyck out your mouth h0e

Comment

i feel like the big channels like NBC should be getting thurman-porter calibre headliners every single time. filling it with a bunch of industry fights and fluff is quite obviously not going to convert any casuals

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                    He's whining because he called it a horrible fight. He got **** from everybody because he called it a horrible fight. Now he's whining.

Did he write about those Lomachenko ratings? Or how it didn't sell out the small hall?
                    Nope....that doesn't fit Dan's agenda.

Comment

Working...
                    X