No announcement yet.

It's been 1 year since that Thug want to be superhero killed Treyvon Martin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
    It's the reality not only for black kids but Hispanic kids as well. One thing that most white people don't understand and think black and Latino people are exaggerating about is the way we have had to live our lives in a white dominated society.

I look Mexican, have tattoo's all over my body. I have literally had people cross the street to not walk by me, women clutch their purses in elevators, and store owners follow me around a store to make sure I don't steal something.

It's something I have lived with my entire life and there's certain ways I carry myself to AVOID getting stereotyped and picked out of a group. For example, I have a group of white friends who I'm very close with. When I moved to Florida, we hung out a lot, it was a culture shock for me.

I never seen people act and treat each other the way my friends family treated them. They supported them, gave them money, encouraged them to go to college, got them jobs, looked out for each other etc. I wasn't used to that where I'm from and how (unfortunately and sad as it may be) we Latino's treat each other.

There were two incidents where they saw the difference in their face. First was boarding the plane when we went to Colorado for spring break one time, I got searched every time on the 4 planes we took, they were never even looked at.

Second was when we were pulled over and I was extremely polite to the cop because I already know the deal. He's waiting for me to say something smart ass to lock me up. On the other hand, my friends talked to him with no fear and when he asked to search the vehicle, they said "NO" and that shocked me.

I could never have that confidence to talk to the police that way or even think I could get away with it because of "rights" I may think I have. There are two America's and most people don't even know it.
    That seems weird to me. Hispanic families usually seem way more supporting of their family members than white people. Being tatted up also increases the likelihood people think you're a hoodlum regardless of color.

Comment

I'll stick with my theory:

GZ thought he was badass cop, saw "perp" & he figured he'd be the hero that cleaned up the neighborhood. Or at the very least, scare this kid and show him who's boss.

He confronted the "thug" & **** got real.

Trayvon turned out to be more than he could handle and he shot him.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K.A View Post
        That seems weird to me. Hispanic families usually seem way more supporting of their family members than white people. Being tatted up also increases the likelihood people think you're a hoodlum regardless of color.
        I should have been more specific. We are very supportive of each other but we also have a culture that shy's away from individuality. For example, I have a friend of mine who is Mexican and he went to college to become a doctor. His father got sick and he was forced to quit school and take care of his parents.

Now that may sound noble, and it is but a lot of that stuff goes on and it's a big reason a lot of young Mexican kids don't go off to college. Of course there's other reasons but that's just one.

Also I find that when you do well for yourself, it's like you're family hates on you or tries to put you down. There's a lot of jealousy I find in Latino families. It's like you're expected not to do well.

In white families, while they are colder and not as social or together, they have a plan for their kids. They put money away, they encourage them to go to school and do things the right way.

College was never even a thought for me when I was coming up. That didn't change until the next generation of kids in our family.

Comment

Originally posted by Alx. View Post
          Noone cares
          I used to, but there's so much ****ed up **** in the world that we can't do anything about so what's the point.

The only thing we can do is the good that's in front of us, and watch our backs and defend against those who want the opposite.

But Injustice for anyone opens to the door for injustice to everyone.

If even one man in the world is oppressed, the world will not be free.
          Last edited by DARKSEID; 02-27-2013, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SirTomJones View Post
            Has he still not be convicted yet?

What is the real story? Not a biased pro-black or pro-white version.
            all hoax for gun grab, nobody died and 1 year after this totaly manufactured story sheeps keep arguing whos guilty.....idiots

Comment

The only reason there's any debate as to Zimmerman's responsibility for what happened is because Martin was a black kid, that's the cold, hard reality of it.

Imagine it's a white woman instead. A guy gets out of a car, follows her, challenges her aggressively, and ends up shooing her dead. Is that guy getting off? Not a hope in hell.

But because Treyvon Martin's a black kid, he doesn't get to feel threatened. He is 'the threat'. And that characterisation of him goes a long way towards excusing his murder in the eyes of a lot of people.

Once you get people drawing those distinctions between murder victims as worthy or unworthy of sympathy depending on who they are, well then you've got a sick society on your hands. History shows us that.

Comment

There's a lot of **** mess up about this case. The media has mis reported and distorted it to a point of complete chaos. They showed old pics of baby trayvon, rather than pics of more grown up thug trayvon to drum up sympathy, the Kenyan Klown said if he had a son he'd prolly look like Trayvon, some NBC(i think) reporter got caught editing the 911 call, GZ obviously had injuries from a fight and it wasnt really reported that way until much later... not to mention how many black teens are killed in chicago every week without it being a big deal like this? It's pure propaganda.

Comment

Originally posted by Trigg Happpy! View Post
                  It's sad the the color of someone's skin is automatically a weapon. I wish more people would get to know someone before they judge them.
                  you obviously have never been to worldstarhiphop

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.
                    Yes.

Ever notice how Hispanic boxingscene members support Hispanic boxers on this site, and black posters (Burner, Larry, Big Dunn, ShoulderRoll, Brandish, etc) always support black fighters, while a lot of our white posters (Poet, DempseyRollin, ROSS CALIFORNIA, etc.) constantly bash and discredit white boxers?

From what I've seen, white people are the least likely to support each other.
                    true, plus REED only supports black fighters so add that to your list.

Comment

i hope george zimmerman dies a slow painful death.

scumbag.

Comment

Working...
                      X