No announcement yet.

Remember the Montreal screwjob?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
    Bret hart was on his last fight in wwe against Shawn michaels in Montreal. Mcmahon screwed bret for real before he jump ship to wcw.The way arum is talking about cotto and margarito gives me a bad feeling and reminds me of that event.
    Only the Montreal screwjob was just a work, I can't believe so many ppl think that was real to this day.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
      Only the Montreal screwjob was just a work, I can't believe so many ppl think that was real to this day.
      not according to all parties involved. Especially the extremely vocal Hart on the matter.

Comment

Originally posted by THE_BIG_HURT View Post
        not according to all parties involved. Especially the extremely vocal Hart on the matter.
        Of course not, but if you can't see how it benefited everyone involved IDK what to say, not only that but I think it was a mutual parting and a thank you from Vince for Bret's service to the company all those years by giving him a major ad leaving to WCW.

Comment

20 years Anniversary next month. I hope they televise the documentary. The screwjob gave birth to the attitude era, and turned McMahon into a great heel.

Comment

Lol I can't believe this an argument. Pro wrestling is scripted in general but the Montreal screw job absolutely was not and did not play out anything like normally scripted matches even including the last match wrestlers have. That was a business move to screw Bret Hart. I think that's the only op's point.

And to suggest boxing can't be compared to wrestling is ridiculous too. I can compare to boxing to rock em sock em robots if need be. They only need to share one charactistic in common to accomplish that which is a very easy thing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
              Of course not, but if you can't see how it benefited everyone involved IDK what to say
              Benefited all involved?

It ruined Bret's life.

Comment

Working...
              X