Collapse
No announcement yet.

So is Canelo moving back to 154?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

154 is not a cakewalk for Canelito. JRock/Lara/Andrade/Charlo's/Lubin....

Comment

Originally posted by W eltschmerz View Post
      What about GGG - Eubank Jr. Great fight IMO.
      Eubank has beaten literally nobody....lost his only step up fight. unless by I want all the belts GGG also meant the British middleweight title lol.

Comment

Originally posted by LRcie03 View Post
        I feel canelo on the artificial deadline. But thats the WBC strap, lots of fighters would die for it, including Mayweather of old, thats his favorite belt. I'm pretty shocked he would vacate this fast, I mean If GGG's team was coming to GBP with weak business terms, thats one thing. I'd like to know the offer before and after the vacate. Either way I'm not too proud of Canelo, if GGG is giving bad terms for the fight ODLH should make that public because Canel looking like a real beezy right now. Understandable because GGG is a beast.
        I really thought the fight would happen. I don't like Canelo but I never thought he would do this.

Black eye for boxing IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Luiz View Post
          He was a champion at 160...

Comment

Originally posted by Luiz View Post
            Lucky for him he's now on the other side of the street so those fights most likely never happen. Then again, all those guys are on the same side of the street and none of them are fighting each other lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
              I really thought the fight would happen. I don't like Canelo but I never thought he would do this.

Black eye for boxing IMO.
              Why don't you like Canelo? Great fighter been doing it since he was a teen professionally.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                Canelo is big enough where he can literally fight anyone regardless of their network/promoter affiliation. Don't believe me? he just fought Khan who is one of Haymon's bigger name fighters despite the fact that Khan has fought exclusively on Showtime and PBC for the last 5 years. And Golden Boy is currently suing Haymon for hundred millions. Yet Khan crossed over to HBO to fight Canelo a golden boy fighter for a career high payday. Canelo can fight any fighter he wants because you make more money fighting him then anyone else.
                That was a one off. So what's next? If he's moving up a chinny WW to fight, do you really think he's going to offer one of the top dogs at 154 to fight him? Why would he risk losing to Andrade or Jermall when he can lose to GGG on PPV for a lot more money? So what's next? Pacquiao? Mayweather?

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                  He was a champion at 160...
                  "champion"

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                  Lucky for him he's now on the other side of the street so those fights most likely never happen. Then again, all those guys are on the same side of the street and none of them are fighting each other lol.
                  Khan is on the other side too.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                    Eubank has beaten literally nobody....lost his only step up fight. unless by I want all the belts GGG also meant the British middleweight title lol.
                    It's a good stylistic match up and IMO Eubank is on that level (potentially).

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
                      That was a one off. So what's next? If he's moving up a chinny WW to fight, do you really think he's going to offer one of the top dogs at 154 to fight him? Why would he risk losing to Andrade or Jermall when he can lose to GGG on PPV for a lot more money? So what's next? Pacquiao? Mayweather?
                      If you can make a one off fight with Khan who is a bigger name and draw then any of the other fighters why would you think he can't for the lesser named fighters? Point is if Canelo wants to fight anyone of them he will make them a offer likely 3X their career high payday and they will say yes regardless of their promotion situation. GGG is trying to dictate the terms to Canelo those guys just like Khan will not. Canelo told Khan how much he would be paid, the date, and the weight and he could take it or leave it. He took it. If GGG did the same he would be fighting Canelo in sept.
                      Last edited by bigdunny1; 05-19-2016, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X