Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cotto Jabs The WBC, Tells De La Hoya To Pay $1.1 Million

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Cotto has to pay a step aside fee to Golovkin. And he wants to determine how much it will be? That said $800K is too much.
    So when he pays that $800,000 to WBC do they pass all of it along to the receiving fighter. Or take a slice of it.

Wouldn't it be the promoter who collects the 3% and passes it on to the WBC? Seems like not - who knew?

$300,000 ? So Cotto pays 1.5% and Canelo 1.5% or both fighters pay 3% each?

Somebody explain to me the way it is divided please.

Comment

• Cotto made the agreement, this is his way to duck GGG should he win, LOL, WOW> War

Some are reporting GGG already got paid, others are not.

But Rafael seems to think that if GGG hadn't gotten paid, then Canelo could not have a shot at title.

This was an agreed upon thing by Cotto, and it is such a ***** move.

No wonder this guy sucks.

There goes talks of a trilogy. What a ***** move.

War Cotto my ass.

No wonder why Cotto wears pink gloves, he is a *****.

Originally posted by ChampBox@PR View Post
      Where are the people dayong he already paid GGG ?? Lmao!
      Its been reported he has, and I don't think they would be letting Canelo get a shot at it unless it was.

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
      If Cotto wins he is still the Ring/Lineal champion at 160
      Not for long, they will strip him too. De La Hoya runs that **** afterall.
      Last edited by Progrssive_Jedi; 11-17-2015, 09:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP. View Post
        Cotto just held the title to get the upper hand in negotiations. He doesn't need the belt at this stage. He's getting a $20 million purse and saved $1.1 mil.

The boxing world wants Canelo vs Cotto. The biggest fight that can possibly be made in the sport right now. The WBC tried to stick their hand in the cookie jar and Cotto told them **** off. Respect to Cotto.

The WBC has gotten better but they pick and choose when to enforce their rules. Cotto should have been stripped months ago but their greedy asses wanted a slice of the big fight. Now they are trying to bully dude for $1.1 mil? **** that ****. Hand the belt to GGG and let them take a cut of the Tureano Johnson defense next year.
        he's only getting 10m, cant you do math? 3% of 20m is 300k?

Comment

• Good for Cotto. No point in holding on to something that he's already going to lose to Canelo or have to give away to GGG, because he's afraid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pain~Lucy View Post
            he's only getting 10m, cant you do math? 3% of 20m is 300k?
            Who gives a ****? Change my number to 10 and everything I said remains the same.

Comment

• Awesome. People can quit whining and crying, always making excuses for ggg.

Comment

• After you pay your taxes and your manager and all that, that $1.1million dollars is not some chump change. If your purse was like Floyd's in the Pac fight, $1.1mill is nothing. But $1.1mill for anyone else is some money. That's like a whole purse for some top fighters. Most fighters make less than $1.1m in a year. Good move by Cotto, just cause they see he is making some money they want ot be leeches but he is not allwoing that. Lol the line where he can buy any belt with $1.1m and be the champion of anything he wants in his house

Comment

• Originally posted by icha View Post
                  not a GGG fan , but i agree with you, i even warned barchman something like this was going to happen and GGG was going to get screwed...

ggg should be champion already, and canelo has done nothing to be fighting for a vacant MW title, but the WBC just wants the canelo money...

at the end of the day 1.1m is a lot of money and i understand cotto, but GGG ended with the short end of the stick again, and it aint funny anymore..
                  GGG probably has his money already. If not, he will certainly be paid after the fight. You can't give a man a signed contract for a business deal, which is what this is, then just walk away without honouring it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
                    It's ok bro. Cotto gonna whoop Canelo and then Golovkin is gonna be the new champion. WBC will announce it on their Facebook page and Gi Gi will finally become a super star.
                    Negative

The WBC strap will not make Golovkin a superstar

Comment

• sound like extortion to me. how DF are you the champion yet to keep the belt you gotta cough up $1.1 Million. . WBC are nothing but crooks. belt or no belt Cotto is right, this fight sells on the strength of the fighters involved. it will not affect PPV sales one bit. and why is Oscar so damn pissed, he keeps saying Canelo is not yet a middleweight, so why do you want your fighter to have a MW belt so bad?

Cotto is on the last leg of his career, he don't got time for this ****ery. already a HoF worthy resume and one of the greatest boxers out of PR.

Comment

Working...
                      X