Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Stevenson's Lawyer: Gonzalez's VADA Story 'Flat-Out Lie'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Stevenson's Lawyer: Gonzalez's VADA Story 'Flat-Out Lie'

Shakur Stevenson's handlers have heard and read just about all they can stomach from Joet Gonzalez. Josh Dubin, Stevenson's attorney and co-manager, told BoxingScene.com that Gonzalez's charge regarding Stevenson not wanting comprehensive Voluntary Anti-Doping Association testing for their upcoming featherweight title fight is "a flat-out lie." Gonzalez told BoxingScene.com in an interview September 13 in Las Vegas that Stevenson's team didn't want VADA testing for their October 26 bout in Reno, Nevada (https://www.boxingscene.com/joet-gonzalez-shakur-stevenson-want-vada-testing--142718).
    [Click Here To Read More]

Josh Dubin, that's Ward's attorney isn't it? I remember Ward missed the VADA deadline for the Kovalev rematch that he agreed to as part of the rematch clause from the first fight, so it wouldn't surprise me if Stevenson is on PEDs.

Dubin is probably trying to use technicalities to fool boxing fans. When Gonzalez said Stevenson wouldn't agree to VADA, he means full VADA for 8-12 weeks before the fight, not just the CBP. Dubin must know this but he may be relying on public ignorance to muddy the waters.

Just my opinion based on a pattern I perceive, which involves what I remember as well.

Comment

SMH Vada black-mailing fighters into Singing in their all year around drug program

Comment

Originally posted by The Problem View Post
        SMH Vada black-mailing fighters into Singing in their all year around drug program
        Blame people like Miller, Whyte and others for failing and making it where you gotta sign up or your automatically a cheat.

Comment

That idiot lawyer has his head so far up Stevenson's ass he would say anything to defend this punk. Before Guevara, Socarras and Manzanilla declined to fight Stevenson because of Stevenson's refusal to agree to VADA testing. I call Dubin's bluff on taking legal action against Gonzalez and is only trying to create a distraction to Gonzalez to lose concentration on his training. Try harder you sorry excuse of a corrupt lawyer

Comment

I think Joet was saying that Stevenson didn't wanna do the full random VADA testing leading up to the fight.

This lawyer is always defending people who don't wanna take VADA or people who simply miss VADA testing.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Hero View Post
              I think Joet was saying that Stevenson didn't wanna do the full random VADA testing leading up to the fight.

This lawyer is always defending people who don't wanna take VADA or people who simply miss VADA testing.
              Didn't the lawyer say that he was already subject to random testing since which is almost 90 days before the fight. I mean, what is your interpretation of "full random VADA testing"?

Comment

Joet wit the shyt.. he won’t be intimidated by no clown like Dubin.. Stevenson has to do the fighting in the RING..

Comment

Who gives a damn, he's taking the test. The end.

Comment

There are different "types" of VADA testing. Just being enrolled in CBP/365/VADA lottery doesn't mean much. Yea, it's better than nothing, but not much.
                    Btw, who is paying, how much and for what period of time is Stevenson enrolled in (that VADA testing)?

Comment

Working...
                    X