Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo: I've Done What I Had To Do Against Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yeah you had the judges paid off to give you two gift decisions..

Comment

• Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
      None of what you said negates the FACT that they fought twice already. Think about how silly it sounds to say a guy who is scared of a guy he fought twice already and in the 2nd fight stood toe to toe and delivered heavy punches. What is he scared of?
      Those 2 fights have been by far canelos most gruelling fights, that's why, everything he has said has been an excuse, he doesn't want to fight him because he doesn't like him, that alone should be more reason to fight him. Canelo doesn't like the pace that GGG sets as a workrate, I don't think you understand what being in the ring is actually like

Comment

• Yeah cheating and bribing the judges is doing what he had to.

Comment

Why and how would they define him. The guy has a HOF resume without GGG on his resume. He has wins at 154 (multiple quality wins), 160, and 168.

Besides that...if GGG is as good or great as people make him out to be, how does losing to him tarnish anyone's legacy. That's why I say it's a stretch. Why is anyone afraid to lose to this supposed ATG?
          I think Nelo has some solid wins/fights at 154, and at 160 so far. 168 with just the one fight, and I think was a pretty good example of a 'cherry-pick' to get the regular title from Fielding...Chavez at 164 doesn't really do anything for me either...but he does have a solid resume even without GGG...but the GGG fights are pretty clearly Canelo's defining moments so far.

To put it another way, if someone was going to list Canelo's official greatest accomplishment right now, most people, or certainly a majority percentage of people, would say officially beating GGG was his best win/moment.

Also my was point was just that since Canelo already has an official 'win' against GGG right now, there is downside to him facing him again...especially since many feel he may have lost one or both of those fights...right now he officially has the better of GGG...if they fight again he may lose and that would negatively impact his legacy.

Just as Floyd losing to Pac would have impacted his legacy if they had fought again...it wouldn't make him a 'bum' to lose to someone like that, but when you already have the official win then there is a bit more downside to fighting again, relative to say GGG's position right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Burt Henning View Post
            I think Nelo has some solid wins/fights at 154, and at 160 so far. 168 with just the one fight, and I think was a pretty good example of a 'cherry-pick' to get the regular title from Fielding...Chavez at 164 doesn't really do anything for me either...but he does have a solid resume even without GGG...but the GGG fights are pretty clearly Canelo's defining moments so far.

To put it another way, if someone was going to list Canelo's official greatest accomplishment right now, most people, or certainly a majority percentage of people, would say officially beating GGG was his best win/moment.

Also my was point was just that since Canelo already has an official 'win' against GGG right now, there is downside to him facing him again...especially since many feel he may have lost one or both of those fights...right now he officially has the better of GGG...if they fight again he may lose and that would negatively impact his legacy.

Just as Floyd losing to Pac would have impacted his legacy if they had fought again...it wouldn't make him a 'bum' to lose to someone like that, but when you already have the official win then there is a bit more downside to fighting again, relative to say GGG's position right now.
            That's an accurate assessment of what's going on with Canelo.

Comment

None of what you said negates the FACT that they fought twice already. Think about how silly it sounds to say a guy who is scared of a guy he fought twice already and in the 2nd fight stood toe to toe and delivered heavy punches. What is he scared of?
              I think he is 'scared' in the sense that he knows how tough both of those fights were for him, not only in terms of winning, but also in terms of physically how much they demanded of him, and how hard he had to work in there vs GGG just to go 12 rounds each time...once Canelo got to the late-middle rounds in both fights, his stamina starts to run out, and that is where imo GGG took over both times and sealed the deal on the W.

Imo I don't think Canelo likes/liked the feeling of those late-middle rounds where his stamina is running out and GGG is still going strong...imo he just feels a bit vulnerable vs GGG in the sense that at some point if they keep fighting, one guy will likely get through and hurt the other...those were very physical fights for both guys and not exactly something you would want to sign up for, if you didn't have a great reason to do so...if Canelo already has the legacy enhancing 'win' and is getting paid with or without GGG...it just makes sense that he would look elsewhere imo.

I do think they will end up fighting again though...at some point soon the GGG fight will again make too much sense for Canelo to pass up...I think the public will end up wanting it and Canelo will probably follow suit.

Originally posted by chirorickyp View Post
              Ken doll? Why are Ken dolls on your mind? What the hec are you into? Or what's into you? This is a boxing site not something for NAMBLA. Go put your Ken doll right back where you like it.
              Originally posted by texasboi15 View Post
              More corny shit you dork
              Idk Texas he got you pretty good there lol

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                That's an accurate assessment of what's going on with Canelo.
                Thanks Tony I appreciate it...I hope they mix it up once or twice more...would like to see them fight until one gets KOed to be honest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shape up View Post
                  Those 2 fights have been by far canelos most gruelling fights, that's why, everything he has said has been an excuse, he doesn't want to fight him because he doesn't like him, that alone should be more reason to fight him. Canelo doesn't like the pace that GGG sets as a workrate, I don't think you understand what being in the ring is actually like
                  I don't think you understand how much more comfortable you get fighting a guy after the first fight. So the 2nd fight was easier on Alvarez than the first. Why would the 3rd be harder than either of the first two. You seem to be speaking from the perspective of someone who hasn't gone through anything hard in life. It doesn't make you afraid...it fortifies you. It takes you to another level.

Comment

• Originally posted by Burt Henning View Post

Every time you step in the ring there is potential to lose, so the "downside" argument applies to every subsequent fight regardless of who it is. Where do you get that GGG was Canelos defining fight. He was Canelo before GGG. He was considered one of the best BEFORE GGG. Not to say fighting GGG wasn't gonna add to his legacy, just saying that fighting GGG didn't or doesn't define him, particularly in the way fighting Canelo defines GGG career. Why, because outside of Jacobs, GGG had never fought anyone considered one of the best in their respective divisions where he could showcase his skills.

Comment

• Not a fan of canelo but as a boxing fan i got nothing but respect for this young man, who fought the best and won most of his fights against them..when he got schooled by mayweather he took the L like a champ unlike that over hyped bum fraud bumlovkin..fought the c level bums such as monroe jr, geale, wade..and some even more unknown bums ...yea he could fool the casuals but not true boxing fans...he lost to canelo two times and he keeps crying like a lil girl..well to be honest even tho canelo smashed him i give him credit for lasting 12 rounds I mean just look at his past opponents lol..what a joke of guy. But hey his fan boys here on boxingscene show us every day what kind of followers and fan base he has

Comment

Working...
                      X