Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

7 million Americans are 3 months behind on car payments - dumbest people in the world

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will never get a car loan again unless it's under 7Gs.

Comment

Originally posted by BALLS DEEP View Post
      Buying a car on a payment plan is living above your means.
      I make a decent $77k a year base pay. Car payment $150 a month, my credit is excellent. Excellent amount in savings account. I think i’ll be fine lol.

Living above your means is all relative, it’s not something you just apply to anybody. If you have a good amount of money left at the end of the month that you can save, you’re fine.

If I was working in Micky D’s for min wage i’d say touche.

Comment

Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
        I will never get a car loan again unless it's under 7Gs.
        You said you're gonna skip on that corrections thing, how about the military? I recall you saying you want to join the Navy or something like that, how's that going?

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          You said you're gonna skip on that corrections thing, how about the military? I recall you saying you want to join the Navy or something like that, how's that going?
          The navy sent me to the medical facility in Massachusetts. I passed all the test. I just need an medical release form for my feet. I take the navy officer test in two weeks.

Comment

The navy sent me to the medical facility in Massachusetts. I passed all the test. I just need an medical release form for me feet. I take the navy officer test in two weeks.
            Nice. Congrats.

Do you have a bachelor's degree?

Comment

Nice. Congrats.

Do you have a bachelor's degree?
              Yup. I graduated with 3.58 GPA.

Business Marketing

Concentrations
              International Business
              History.

The CO job told me having a degree doesn't change anything. So I said f that let me see about this military thing. Navy Officer has great benfits. Pray for me family.

Comment

Yup. I graduated with 3.58 GPA.

Business Marketing

Concentrations
                International Business
                History.

The CO job told me having a degree doesn't change anything. So I said f that let me see about this military thing. Navy Officer has great benfits. Pray for me family.
                They are correct, for most corrections/law enforcement jobs you don't need a college degree. But for not requiring a degree they do pay very well. Some do require a degree for promotional purposes, or to do intra-agency transfers to positions such as case manager, unit manager, mental health (bs, master's degree or PhD required). Also parole requires a bachelor's, you can go from corrections to parole easily, happens all the time.

All in all in Columbus, law enforcement/corrections pay very well relative to the cost of living and not requiring a degree. You have departments (county jail/sheriff's, police dept) topping out at $95k, $93k, $89k, $82k, $77k, etc. with no degree required. I think i've seen some qualifications that, at most, say bachelor's degree "preferred but not required" or associate's degree preferred.

Comment

I know NYPD and NYDOC (corrections) require 60 college credits. Their hiring process is long though, by the time they called me I had a year in working in Ohio, and I scored 95 on their exams which is not bad

Comment

Living check to check and living off credit cards - middle class.

Bad credit , car payments, dead end job - middle-class.

Poor- free/ reduce housing , food stamps, state insurance , obama phone, dead end job.

It seems it's just better to be poor in the USA. It's hard out here.

Honestly i wish i didn't get a new car two years ago. I hate car payments.
                    wtf is an Obama phone?

Comment

I make a decent $77k a year base pay. Car payment $150 a month, my credit is excellent. Excellent amount in savings account. I think i’ll be fine lol.

Living above your means is all relative, it’s not something you just apply to anybody. If you have a good amount of money left at the end of the month that you can save, you’re fine.

If I was working in Micky D’s for min wage i’d say touche.
                      Smart move, try and keep it constant at 150+ (inflation obv) even as your salary increases. No idea how people pay 600$ on car payments. Fk impressing people who don't pay mah bills,

Comment

Working...
                      X