Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ellerbe Would 'Love' To Make Gervonta Davis-Gary Russell Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok well I would 'love' if you would make ANY fight with any of the top ranked guys Tank's own size. The long layoffs and one after another fights with guys moving 1 or 2 weights up even coming off losses and 2 year layoffs. Phuk when is Tank going to fight any 130 ranked fighters? Meanwhile every fight you have to cross your fingers that Tank actually even make the 130 weight limit. He won't move up to 135lb and still doesn't at least fight guys who are 130lbers. Instead dragging up featherweights and career super bantamweights. So how does he plan on getting the critics off his back by his promoter saying he wants to him to fight yet another featherweight. SMH

Comment

**** Ellerbe. Dude is a rat-piece of ****. I don't like Broner, but I appreciate the fact the roasted Ellerbe on the mic before.

Anyways, Davis needs to not fight 126 lbers, anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by cotto#1p4p View Post
        The strategy is pretty clear. Keep Gervonta away from punchers, there's something fishy with Gervonta's chin. Farmer and Russell don't stand a chance.
        How do you work out something fishy about his chin, have you ever boxed nothing wrong with his chin, people like Farmer, who got a draw with Perez.

If you dont have anything that based on facts keep your mouth shut.

Cotto is done stop being a nut hugger ***

Comment

The LBDC is going to love this fight if it happens. Davis is going to be p4p king after stopping a featherweight who fights once a year... Russell is among the cream of the crop at feather in a stacked division, I find it hard to see this fight on anyone’s wishlist. Why not make a fight with farmer or berchelt and unify?

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            NOOOOOOO!! Santa Cruz/Russell the main event. Davis/Farmer semi main. Make the card in either LA or Maryland. Geez it isn't that f-cking difficult.
            Both of those fights are MGM National Harbor fights since GRJ and Davis are from Bmore. Plus, Farmer being from Philadelphia, which isn't far from Washington, DC.

Comment

I was hoping to see Gary vs. Rigo, but Rigo likely isn't interested. Gary vs. Tank at 130 is a good fight, but Tank might be too big, he is draining himself to stay at 130 to avoid Loma at 135 and Mikey at 140. Gary vs. Berchelt is another good one, but I was hoping we could see Berchelt vs. Tank. Looking around, it seems Tank isn't interested in fighting anyone competitive.

Comment

Gayvonta will keep up on fighting bums until Mayweather feels he can shine on it's own, then it will be time to feed him to a live body.

Comment

Tank Davis is a little fairy. When is he going to start fighting the bigger fights in his own division. Just another protected fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
                    Both of those fights are MGM National Harbor fights since GRJ and Davis are from Bmore. Plus, Farmer being from Philadelphia, which isn't far from Washington, DC.
                    If they do 2 cards then Tank/Farmer is definitely an MGM Harbor fight. If they do 1 card or if they combine and Leo/Russell is the main, then LA would be the better option.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                      Yes, you could make 2 cards with each fight headlining but IMO each is like BAD level while putting them on the same card is a WCB level card that would create a ton of goodwill with fans by giving them the best card of the year to date.

It would make goodwill, but we get so few good cards I'd hate it all get stacked on one. Especially if one fight outshines the other to the point you don't even remember it.

Comment

Working...
                      X