No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Darmani Rock Stays Busy With Hometown Return in Philly

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Darmani Rock Stays Busy With Hometown Return in Philly

Roc Nation Sports today announced heavyweight boxer Darmani Rock (14-0, 9 KOs) will return to the ring in a six-round bout on Friday, April 26th at The Met in Philadelphia, Pa. where he will take on challenger Mike Bissett (15-11, 9 KOs) of Tampa, Fla. The event is being promoted by Hard Hitting Promotions.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Been following Rock for a while now, he's sort of like an Andy Ruiz in that he's got great skills and is sneaky quick despite having almost no physique. He's young and is being moved slowly, but I'm sure he'll be mixing it up at world level in the future.

Comment

Seen a bit of Rock in online clips, and he looks pretty decent despite being a chunker. He really could do with being progressed a bit faster though; it was alright building up a 30-0 record before a title shot back when people turned pro earlier and fought every month, but these days it's a bit different. Fighters are spending longer in the amateur code due to things like the WSOB building the profile, and when they get around to turning pro in mid 20's or later they are having 3-4 months between fights. Pro careers are a lot shorter these days in case of total number of fights, the days of the likes of Chavez and Duran finishing on over 100 fights are long gone

Comment

Originally posted by Adamsc151 View Post
        Seen a bit of Rock in online clips, and he looks pretty decent despite being a chunker. He really could do with being progressed a bit faster though; it was alright building up a 30-0 record before a title shot back when people turned pro earlier and fought every month, but these days it's a bit different. Fighters are spending longer in the amateur code due to things like the WSOB building the profile, and when they get around to turning pro in mid 20's or later they are having 3-4 months between fights. Pro careers are a lot shorter these days in case of total number of fights, the days of the likes of Chavez and Duran finishing on over 100 fights are long gone
        Rock is only just about to turn 24 doe. And he's been pro for 3 years already so he didn't have one of those crazy long amateur careers like Loma or Usyk where you can just go into the pros at 25+ years old & make waves. I don't think Rock even fought in the WSB as many high level amateurs do these days that is basically semi-pro boxing or a middle ground between amateur & pro boxing that can help expedite your transition to the pros.

I'm guessing he has stamina issues or concerns cuz he's barely entered into 8 round fights (he's had 1 & his next fight is scheduled for 8) which is odd for a guy with 3 years in the pro game with some hype beyond him even if they are young-ish.

He's got plenty of time to grow & learn so we shall see where he goes.

And randomly this is the first time I've heard Roc Nation in awhile lol. Damn near thought they were legit outta boxing 100%. They've definitely scaled down a lot with the lackluster results with Ward, Cotto & Rigo. Looking at their site & they only got 7 boxers listed these days (& one is Ward lol) & Mo Hooker is their most accomplished guy these days by a mile.

Comment

Lmao I forgot Roc Nation existed

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            Rock is only just about to turn 24 doe. And he's been pro for 3 years already so he didn't have one of those crazy long amateur careers like Loma or Usyk where you can just go into the pros at 25+ years old & make waves. I don't think Rock even fought in the WSB as many high level amateurs do these days that is basically semi-pro boxing or a middle ground between amateur & pro boxing that can help expedite your transition to the pros.

I'm guessing he has stamina issues or concerns cuz he's barely entered into 8 round fights (he's had 1 & his next fight is scheduled for 8) which is odd for a guy with 3 years in the pro game with some hype beyond him even if they are young-ish.

He's got plenty of time to grow & learn so we shall see where he goes.

And randomly this is the first time I've heard Roc Nation in awhile lol. Damn near thought they were legit outta boxing 100%. They've definitely scaled down a lot with the lackluster results with Ward, Cotto & Rigo. Looking at their site & they only got 7 boxers listed these days (& one is Ward lol) & Mo Hooker is their most accomplished guy these days by a mile.
            Damn, I thought he was about 5 years older - he certainly looks it. Still got time on his hands then, but he could do with stepping on the gas a bit career-wise. Ajagba is around the same age and he's way ahead in terms of progression.

Comment

Working...
            X